Trades Round 6 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do we see as the better rookie trade in?

Hayes or Corbett ?
If you're swapping out Burgess > Corbett at least you get a 'live' rookie, even though Corbett is a KPF in a still suss team
Looks like there'll be a few mid rookies coming on line but Hayes will more than likely make money

Doesn't really help I know

Anybody got a clue with what's going on with Devon Smith? Saw an article on the AFL site earlier, went back to read/listen to it, now gone? Something about 'Star Don, knee, scans' and a picture of Zahararkis consoling Smith.

Is anyone trading in Gibbons instead of Corbett? 296k with a BE of 1 coming off a 92
Nope. I looked at it but can't justify it. He could go 30 again this week even though he has apparently got more mid time coming his way. If Setters comes back in, Gibbons may end up fwd again.

I'm not keen on Corbett though

Anybody got a clue with what's going on with Devon Smith? Saw an article on the AFL site earlier, went back to read/listen to it, now gone? Something about 'Star Don, knee, scans' and a picture of Zahararkis consoling Smith.

Yep hurt his knee again which is why he was kept out of last weeks game. Was put on ice for the last quarter

I’ve got $300k in the bank.
Potential trade out candidates are Clark, Burgess on DEF bench.
Duursma on MID bench.
Rozee at F6 and Parker at F8.

I don’t want to touch my other rookies at this point in Scrimshaw (Stack/Hore) already played.
Walsh/Constable at M7/M8 and Hayes at M9.
Happy with Drew on field up forward and also have Miers on bench.

I was too afraid to pull any trades before teams were named so a couple of real value defenders I was interested in in Ellis/Houli weren’t possible and neither was Crisp/Salem.

I’m weighing up whether to get Laird this week but he’s a good $100k more expensive than an Ellis/Houli and probably $75-80k more expensive than Crisp.

For whatever reason I’m not overly tempted by a Hurn/Sheppard/Stewart ah this point in time. Would rather chase real value or go right up to a Whitfield.

Am I crazy (answer is obviously yes) to hold off going Parker to Corbett and Clark to Laird and instead double downgrading Parker and Clark with the plan on next week going something like B.Smith to Whitfield and Duursma to potentially Crisp or value in Ellis/Houli?

If I get Laird this week then Whitfield is basically unattainable for a while yet.

Duursma on MID bench.

I don’t want to touch my other rookies at this point in Scrimshaw (Stack/Hore) already played.

I was too afraid to pull any trades before teams were named so a couple of real value defenders I was interested in in Ellis/Houli weren’t possible and neither was Crisp/Salem.

I’m weighing up whether to get Laird this week but he’s a good $100k more expensive than an Ellis/Houli and probably $75-80k more expensive than Crisp.

For whatever reason I’m not overly tempted by a Hurn/Sheppard/Stewart ah this point in time. Would rather chase real value or go right up to a Whitfield.

Am I crazy (answer is obviously yes) to hold off going Parker to Corbett and Clark to Laird and instead double downgrading Parker and Clark with the plan on next week going something like B.Smith to Whitfield and Duursma to potentially Crisp or value in Ellis/Houli?

If I get Laird this week then Whitfield is basically unattainable for a while yet.
Grab the premos while you can unless the rookies are too good to refuse

Duursma on MID bench.

2 things

Laird has dropped in value and might increase his scoring with Milera out

Whitfield is probably at his maxxed price and may drop a bit, particularly with a bit more attention

Maybe a double down this week, see how Laird goes and wait a little on Whitfield?

farrrkkkk these partial lockout weeks. Ive now totally flipped on my trades based on this Hately nonsense !

Trade was always going to be Duurs -> Ross/Hateley. i went Hatley and Ross is now locked out !
Now im questioning Hately's job security if hes THAT touch and go - so looking at other trades

already have young, stack

Corbett - pass will give him one week
lewis, ham, rowbottom, lockhart - not sold on em just yet

leaves me with ROB for cash gen!

more i think about it the more it makes sense. Hes making cash until the byes and gets me out of a bind with Grundy/Gawn.
gives me another week look at the rookies
PLUS Giants have a great run after this week and may include Hately anyway. at worst he goes up another 40k this week if he plays

. I'm not touching my mids (bar rookies) until my backs and forwards are looking a bit better, but I'd consider him if I was.
Such will power.
I did the Duursma/Stack swap which left Duurs on the mid bench.
Had enough $$ to upgrade him to a premium so in comes Rockliff, bumping Constable to the bench.

Now I could have done Setterfield (still fwd bench) to mid bench, Durrsma for Heeney forward but not sure it's a good week to bring in Heeney and felt Rocky in delivers more points.
F4,5&6 couldn't trade to anyone good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven’t seen Answerth, and was traveling last week so missed Young’s debut game. For some reason I haven’t found the time to watch the replay...

Most Dogs fans were expecting Young to miss this week...
I generally watch games that I've attended again on the replay, even if we lost - just because you pick up more watching on TV. I did not see the need to pick up anything more from last week's game.

Surely Young is the first to go when Suckling is ready. Didn't realise Duryea's injury was a 6-8 weeker though.

Such will power.
I did the Duursma/Stack swap which left Duurs on the mid bench.
Had enough $$ to upgrade him to a premium so in comes Rockliff, bumping Constable to the bench.

Now I could have done Setterfield (still fwd bench) to mid bench, Durrsma for Heeney forward but not sure it's a good week to bring in Heeney and felt Rocky in delivers more points.
F4,5&6 couldn't trade to anyone good.
I've definitely been tempted to bring in someone like Merrett or Rocky! Trying to hold firm on that plan though.

My Mids are Cripps, Cogs, Bray, JOM, B Crouch, Libba, Walsh and Constable. I'm pretty happy with how they're all going, could be better of course, but my forwards and backs are definitely worse. Next week I'll bring in a Premo back, then I'll have 3 Premos, a Mid-pricer and 2 Rooks in both my forwards and backs. Maybe after that, Libba will be nearly top value and I can upgrade him.

Another thing to note, Constable is comfortably better than any of my other rooks, so will push him out last (at this stage).

Rucks of Grundy and Witts have been set and forget.

I generally watch games that I've attended again on the replay, even if we lost - just because you pick up more watching on TV. I did not see the need to pick up anything more from last week's game.

Surely Young is the first to go when Suckling is ready. Didn't realise Duryea's injury was a 6-8 weeker though.

I would have thought Lynch or Williams was the better solution than Young, but Crazy Bevo gunna Crazy Bevo !!

At this point I’ve revised my trades to

Parker to Corbett
Clarke to Laird.

Leaves $77k in the bank.

Was thinking of double downgrading but my backline could really do with an injection of scoring potential with Lloyd my only premo.

Means Scrimshaw to the bench this week as Hore/Stack are already locked in.

So after trades this week, my team is as follows...

BACKS - Lloyd, Witherden, Shepperd, Smith, Williams, Hore (Scrimshaw, Duursma)

MIDS - Coniglio, Sloane, Rockliff, Brouch, Liber, Walsh, Ross, Constable (Atkins, Hayes)

RUCK - Grundy, O’Brien (Flynn, Fort)

FORWARDS - Danger, Heeney, Boak, Worpel, Newnes, Dahlhaus (Parker, Drew)

222k in bank.

Plans next week are to downgrade Parker/Drew to maybe Hately, and then upgrade Duursma to Whitfield/Laird...

MIDS - Coniglio, Sloane, Rockliff, Brouch, Liber, Walsh, Ross, Constable (Atkins, Hayes)

222k in bank.

Plans next week are to downgrade Parker/Drew to maybe Hately, and then upgrade Duursma to Whitfield/Laird...

That’s a bloody strong forward line!

I would have thought Lynch or Williams was the better solution than Young, but Crazy Bevo gunna Crazy Bevo !!
The thing with craziness is that it works both ways. Say if you had Bailey Williams last week, you'd be over the moon that Crazy Bevo put him in the mids over Macrae and Libba.

Judging by Bevo's recent decisions, I can conclude that Caleb Daniel is going to be put in the ruck this week and dominate. Trade him in NOW or you'll regret it.

At this point I’ve revised my trades to

Parker to Corbett
Clarke to Laird.

Leaves $77k in the bank.

Was thinking of double downgrading but my backline could really do with an injection of scoring potential with Lloyd my only premo.

Means Scrimshaw to the bench this week as Hore/Stack are already locked in.

Just had a bit more of a play around. Can go Parker to Corbett still, but instead of Clark to Laird I can afford Clark to Boak via Rozee to the backline.

Any opinions on what is the better trade?

The thing with craziness is that it works both ways. Say if you had Bailey Williams last week, you'd be over the moon that Crazy Bevo put him in the mids over Macrae and Libba.

Judging by Bevo's recent decisions, I can conclude that Caleb Daniel is going to be put in the ruck this week and dominate. Trade him in NOW or you'll regret it.

I did that last week, trying to predict in advance what moves we will make...

222k in bank.

What's your team value?

After a whole lot of chopping and changing I have reverted back to my original trade when lockout lifted. Duursma and Clark to Hayes and Sicily. Every non premo is on watch as I want a big dog Giant next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back