Who is more hated? Geelong or Hawthorn?

Who is more hated?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Some Tigers supporters seem to really despise the Cats and I have absolutely no idea why.....
It's true. Probably jealousy mainly but also Richmond has a pretty good relationship with Hawthorn, pretty much no finals rivalry with them in history and then the Clarkson-Hardwick thing has meant we have mostly sided with Hawthorn.

Tigers supporters would also argue cats supporters are soft (not my opinion).

They are still a pretty arrogant club though.

Let’s break this down, let’s take a look at the opening of their club song: “We are geelong the greatest of them all.”

The greatest what precisely?

Won 16 premierships in their history.
Won 75% of their games since 2007.
Won 70% of their games under Chris Scott.
Have a winning record over every single club since 2007.
Oh and they have Patrick Dangerfield who is the best.

I respect Geelong for their success and healthy rivalry with the Hawks, but have such disdain for Richmond purely on the back of their insufferable flog supporters on Bigfooty after their Premiership.

So many threads and countless game day threads last year were hijacked by Richmond flog supporters essentially turning a good thread into a Richmond wankfest, even if said thread had nothing to do with Richmond.
Takes some effort to get cats and hawks to see common ground on something, but they were (are) disgrace as a fan base.
You could tell they weren't used to winning at all. Lame arse excuses of being the comps whipping boys and laughing stock so they just gave it back.

They were ungracious winners. Pure and simple.

Didn’t hate Geelong,it was only when we won the final against them in 2017 that Geelong fans started throwing mud at us and we returned the favour.

Hocking and Wheatley were so concerned about our gamestyle,they changed the rules.

I do remember the arrogance at the Cattery when we lost ,the Dwayne “drown em in your honey” game,the umps pillaged us also.

It was great for our club to drown em in our honey in the final.

Didn’t hate Geelong,it was only when we won the final against them in 2017 that Geelong fans started throwing mud at us and we returned the favour.

Hocking and Wheatley were so concerned about our gamestyle,they changed the rules.

I do remember the arrogance at the Cattery when we lost ,the Dwayne “drown em in your honey” game,the umps pillaged us also.

haha you really think it was your gamestyle that caused the rule changes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

right so you obviously created the forward pressure full team defensive structure did you? Oh wait, ya didn't.
I remember last year in that winning streak of games Richmond had early,after each win,Whateley got louder and louder about the state of the game.

I remember last year in that winning streak of games Richmond had early,after each win,Whateley got louder and louder about the state of the game.
And i remember all they years before then when the media was calling for rule changes to stop congestion...
1556593097165.png

King and Whateley had a convo early this year about how the 666 is great and stops the extra players roaming in the backline and brought up Richmond.

Yes,there has been talk for years about changing the rules but nothing happened until Richmond won a flag and finished near the top last year.

The new rules stopped something Richmond were great at but our club has since reinvented itself.

I knew Geelong would be top after the rule changes and guess what?.......

King and Whateley had a convo early this year about how the 666 is great and stops the extra players roaming in the backline and brought up Richmond.

Yes,there has been talk for years about changing the rules but nothing happened until Richmond won a flag and finished near the top last year.

The new rules stopped something Richmond were great at but our club has since reinvented itself.

I knew Geelong would be top after the rule changes and guess what?.......

It's no coincidence that the team sitting top of the ladder is the team supported by Whateley and Hocking.

Your own post betrays your cognitive dissonance.

No one changed the rules to stop Richmond - but could you please explain how the rules have affected your team specifically? This is basically accepted wisdom on the Tigers board these days, it's hilarious.

Takes some effort to get cats and hawks to see common ground on something, but they were (are) disgrace as a fan base.
You could tell they weren't used to winning at all. Lame arse excuses of being the comps whipping boys and laughing stock so they just gave it back.

They were ungracious winners. Pure and simple.
It does take some effort, I agree, however at the same time, I can't help but admire AND respect what Geelong have been able to achieve now over many seasons.

It's their ability to contend every year, their premierships and obviously the rivalry between Hawthorn that has garnered that respect.

I don't have to like the Cats (in fact I loathe them!) but that loathing is purely down to the fact in my view I see them as the only Club the equal (or close to - I'm biased) of Hawthorn over the last Decade and a bit, and because of this I admire their success and respect them as an organisation.

Richmond on the other hand don't command such respect in my mind.

I understand there's always optimism when your club wins a premiership, that they will go back to back. However 2018 for bigfooty with all these Richmond flogs gloating because they thought they had the premiership won, and declaring a dynasty after one premiership was laughable.

Never heard of so many threads before containing the misuse of the word "salty" by pathetic Richmond supporters on here last year.

If you even dared to have a differing opinion to a Tigers fan on Bigfooty or God forbid didnt think the Tigers were the GOAT then you were swarmed by them and repeatedly taunted about being "Salty".

You're right, they weren't used to winning at all and were ungracious in Victory.

I'm glad they were smashed by Collingwood in the prelim because I can just imagine all their pathetic supporters downplaying Geelong's '07,'09,11 premierships because of their back-to-back. Imagine the gloating and how unbearable that would have been!!

Yes I don't like the Cats but I'll be damned if I don't respect them. Richmond on the other hand can go another 37 years without a premiership for all I care.

..and that's purely because of their flog supporters on here. Cheers

It does take some effort, I agree, however at the same time, I can't help but admire AND respect what Geelong have been able to achieve now over many seasons.

It's their ability to contend every year, their premierships and obviously the rivalry between Hawthorn that has garnered that respect.

I don't have to like the Cats (in fact I loathe them!) but that loathing is purely down to the fact in my view I see them as the only Club the equal (or close to - I'm biased) of Hawthorn over the last Decade and a bit, and because of this I admire their success and respect them as an organisation.

Richmond on the other hand don't command such respect in my mind.

I understand there's always optimism when your club wins a premiership, that they will go back to back. However 2018 for bigfooty with all these Richmond flogs gloating because they thought they had the premiership won, and declaring a dynasty after one premiership was laughable.

Never heard of so many threads before containing the misuse of the word "salty" by pathetic Richmond supporters on here last year.

If you even dared to have a differing opinion to a Tigers fan on Bigfooty or God forbid didnt think the Tigers were the GOAT then you were swarmed by them and repeatedly taunted about being "Salty".

You're right, they weren't used to winning at all and were ungracious in Victory.

I'm glad they were smashed by Collingwood in the prelim because I can just imagine all their pathetic supporters downplaying Geelong's '07,'09,11 premierships because of their back-to-back. Imagine the gloating and how unbearable that would have been!!

Yes I don't like the Cats but I'll be damned if I don't respect them. Richmond on the other hand can go another 37 years without a premiership for all I care.

..and that's purely because of their flog supporters on here. Cheers
My experience was that Tigers fans in real life ( as opposed to on line Bigfooty) were relatively humble and just grateful to finally salute.

Not sure some of the nuff nuffs this board truly representative of the Tiger fan base

My experience was that Tigers fans in real life ( as opposed to on line Bigfooty) were relatively humble and just grateful to finally salute.

Not sure some of the nuff nuffs this board truly representative of the Tiger fan base
Yeah I can appreciate that and have no doubt that is the case. I mean seriously on our board, some Hawks supporters are questioning the Club's decision to appointment Stratton as our Captain purely on the back of a couple of losses. Seems some supporters on Bigfooty are just a different breed altogether regardless of who they support, even if it's your club.

My post was purely about Richmond supporters on Bigfooty. I have no doubt about what you've said and respect those Richmond supporters and their graciousness in winning. Cheers

Back