Preview RD7 Carlton v North Melbourne Sunday 5th May 1.10PM @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interesting that North are now basically at full strength. Their team is in its prime too - 17 players aged 23-30. We have 17 players aged 24 or younger.

I think this is going to be a tougher game than we have played in a month (and we only won 1). North are better than all 4 of our recent opponents right now and I don’t think their last 3 weeks have been terrible. Some tough matchups for us as well with key players missing.

But I’m reasonably confident, mainly because we’re hitting a bit of consistency and showing patches of excellence. We should be competitive at least, and it’ll be great to see so many young players strutting their stuff

Interesting that North are now basically at full strength. Their team is in its prime too - 17 players aged 23-30. We have 17 players aged 24 or younger.

I think this is going to be a tougher game than we have played in a month (and we only won 1). North are better than all 4 of our recent opponents right now and I don’t think their last 3 weeks have been terrible. Some tough matchups for us as well with key players missing.

But I’m reasonably confident, mainly because we’re hitting a bit of consistency and showing patches of excellence. We should be competitive at least, and it’ll be great to see so many young players strutting their stuff
Yep North have their best side in, are far older than us and have much bigger bodies on a small ground. To be honest I think with the media bashing they’ve copped and backs to the wall they will come up and bash us up a bit.

Not fussed though, win lose or draw their list is every bit as bad as ours was post-Malthouse. They’re a rabble long-term.

Can't wait to see Stocker & Willo in action tomorrow.

Been so long between drinks for the latter that it almost feels like two debutants for the team.

I'm always worried about North though, we don't have a good record against them.

That being said they're also pretty garbage this year, so you never know...
Fingers crossed...
Go Blues!

Yep North have their best side in, are far older than us and have much bigger bodies on a small ground. To be honest I think with the media bashing they’ve copped and backs to the wall they will come up and bash us up a bit.

Not fussed though, win lose or draw their list is every bit as bad as ours was post-Malthouse. They’re a rabble long-term.

I agree. We need to come to play tomorrow. We can't just turn up expecting to win because North aren't in form.

They've smashed us in 3 out of the last 4 outings, and when I say smashed, I mean completely obliterated.

The game will be won or lost in the middle. Simple as that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This will be the first game I attend with my brother and our two daughters.
My niece is 22, my little miss is 7.
Kinda brings a tear.
Go family. Go Blues.👍❤️🏉🍺✅

This is the main reason I want my brothers to get married and have kids... :p

Statistically we are well ahead of North on clearances and tackles this year, if we carry that into this week's game we win.

Our forward line look more dangerous, our backline looks more capable of restricting the opposition and our mids look more exciting - as long as we bring the work rate we will get home.

Yes, and just to reinforce this point Macca, remarkably we currently rank 2nd in the league for average clearances per game, while North rank 18th - stone cold last. Where average tackles per game are concerned, we rank 9th in the league, while North rank 17th. Crippa himself has laid 44 tackles in the opening 6 rounds of the season, whereas North’s most prolific tackler (Aaron Hall - who they have actually omitted) had laid just over half that number, at 23 tackles for the opening 6 rounds.

Hopefully these sorts of striking statistical differences will be maintained on Sunday, and if they are then I definitely agree with you Macca, they could go a long way towards us bagging the 4 points.

Last edited:
It's all about how long we can physically compete.

We have the talent, structure etc but we need to compete for close to 4 quarters

IMO our ability to do that against a more mature side will determine if we win or not.
How long we can physically compete applies to our ability against top sides (collingwood, geelong, eagles) We are better than North and they will give us plenty of looks, so the question is our ability to compete mentally

Statistically we are well ahead of North on clearances and tackles this year, if we carry that into this week's game we win.

Our forward line look more dangerous, our backline looks more capable of restricting the opposition and our mids look more exciting - as long as we bring the work rate we will get home.

i hesitate to say this but it must be said. their 5 losses have been to
1 The resurgent dockers (currently 5th)
2 the Lions who have been playing very good footy when "on"
3 The hawks
4 the Bombers - the current form team
5 port who have been playing very good football

They havent played the top 3 Cats, Magpies and Giants yet but take those teams out and they have beaten the next best 5 teams going around at the moment.
Their form line is not as bad as their current ladder position suggests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back