All Australian
Oct 14, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Houston Rockets
:carlton: V :north:

Carlton V Norf

Both Carlton and Norf will fancy themselves a decent chance of grabbing the 4 points in this one.

Confidence is a hell of a drug! After some great signs in the first 4 rounds without stringing together a full 4 Quarter effort, the Blues really pulled out a game to remember Vs the Doggies. If they keep the momentum rolling against Hawks it should inspire a lot of belief in this group of talented youngsters.

However, North will have to look to recent success against the Blues to try and inspire themselves to a much-needed win for a team on the ropes.

Pressure for spots will be starting to mount as the injury list for the Blues is finally starting to decrease, meaning 100% effort will be require in a lot of positions if they want to stay in the firsts.

If our mids can get on top, and our delivery inside forward 50 is of a reasonable standard then I expect our tall fellas to really stretch Norths KPD’s. On the other hand, If the delivery is less than optimal then I fully expect North’s rebounders to have a big influence.

Who goes to Brown? With both Jacob Weitering and Liam Jones in great form either is a shot, I’m leaning more towards Jones just for a little extra height and athleticism. But at the moment I am happy with either option based on form. BUT, Brown really posses the potential to rip this game apart if he gets a full head of steam like our last encounter with the Roos.

I think this game with be won and lost in the midfield. If Carlton can get first hands to the ball it will go a long way towards another in the W column for the Blues. On the Contrary, I expect North will look to try and get it quickly out to some of their speedy outsiders in an effort to isolate Brown.

Recent Encounters

Rd 4 2018 Roos 116 VS Blues 30

Rd 10 2017 Blues 96 VS Roos 113

Rd 9 2016 Roos 113 VS Blues 46

Some pretty poor performances for us VS the Roos. I have viewed the Roos as a bit of a white whale for us in recent times. Looking forward to our fortunes changing against a Norf team ready to implode.

Match Ups I’d like to see:

Brown Vs Jones – Who wouldn’t wanna watch the big athletic fellas go head to head? (we’d wanna have good defensive pressure applied from our mids here)

McKay Vs McKay – Not sure if it will happen as Ben has been back in the 2’s. But Brother V Brother please Brad Scott make this happen

Cripps Vs Cunnington – Last time I seem to recall Cunnington really having an impact vs Paddy. Hopefully this time around Cripps gets some support and is his usually prolific self. Might not happen if Cunington gets suspended.

Walsh Vs Polec, - Two running machines going at it would be an interesting contest.

My Preferred Carlton Line Up

Maybe a Norf supporter (Is that a thing?) might be able to help me out with a potential Line up for them, I have no clue how Norf will line up, don’t pay them enough attention.

B: Simpson Jones Plowman

HB: Newman Weitering Marchbank

C: Walsh Cripps Thomas

HF: Murphy Charlie McGov

F: Cuningham McKay Gibbons

R: Kruez Dow Samo

I: Kennedy Ed Fisher JSOS

Verdict: Blues by 23.

Many question marks on player fitness.

Regardless, if healthy C. Curnow is an automatic in. Setterfield back in the fold for selection but not an automatic in, for me at least.

If Kreuzer is unable to play, it has to be Phillips...
If Simpson or Newman are unable to play, Williamson must come in.
If both are unable to play, then Stocker becomes a consideration.

() = contingent on injury outcomes

In: C. Curnow, (Williamson), (Stocker), (Phillips)
Out: Casboult, (Simpson), (Newman), (Kreuzer)

Must win game. North are on the ropes at the moment and we should come out breathing fire after another very disappointing loss.

Out: ??? - Could be all of Simpson, Newman, and Kruezer, but none of their injuries appeared too bad.
In: Charlie if fit. Play him on a wing in place of LOB or Murphy. Would love to see Willo and Stocker come in, however, given how we ran out of petrol, Willo needs to get more miles in his legs, and Stocker's running doesn't appear to be AFL standard yet. Ultimately they could cost us if we bring them in too soon. Kennedy could be a chance to add some more grunt in the midfield, but again, he doesn't add to our run.

Super excited for Williamson elevation if it happens..... might take him a while to get up to the speed of the game but he's AFL quality and he's had such a rough trot.

Let Levi ruck if Kreuzer is injured. he can't be too much worse than Phillips or Lobbe.. and he offers a lot more around ground than them.

In: Williamson, Curnow

Out: Newman or Simpson (inj), Kreuzer (inj)

Marchbank lucky to hold his position. if simmo and newman are both available he may make way for Willo.

Nobody good enough in the VFL to be able to drop anyone else.

Everything was in line for us to beat The Hawks, but we couldn't do it.
Feel this could be a real let-down game coming up. One where we really should win, given odds in our favour, but just don't do it.

Was somewhat more confident in beating Hawthorn today than beating North next week. I want to be wrong, but I feel that's how we'll roll.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everything was in line for us to beat The Hawks, but we couldn't do it.
Feel this could be a real let-down game coming up. One where we really should win, given odds in our favour, but just don't do it.

Was somewhat more confident in beating Hawthorn today than beating North next week. I want to be wrong, but I feel that's how we'll roll.

Yep, although North are absolute s**t, they have a mature team, which counts for something against us. This won't be like the Bulldogs who were as young and inexperienced as we were.

Not confident going into this, particularly with injury clouds over key players.

Simmo defo out, Bolts has confirmed he's done a hammy of some sort. Scans tomorrow id guess.

Bring in Williamson. C. Curnow in for Casboult. But need to see the severity of Newman and Kreuzer's injuries first I guess.

We need to beat this mob. Doggies-like performance as well as today's first half performance will blow them off the map. Midfield steps up, we win.

Yep, although North are absolute s**t, they have a mature team, which counts for something against us. This won't be like the Bulldogs who were as young and inexperienced as we were.

Not confident going into this, particularly with injury clouds over key players.

The defeat will hurt given the buoyancy we should have had after leading by so much.

Confidence may be damaged and whatever the coaches words may have been, may somehow have been watered down in the aftermath of another 'heart-breaking' loss. Don't trust the people that may tell you these are the losses we had to have. Wins breed confidence and losses are exhaustive.

The CFC really should have had at least 3 wins on the board right now, but we haven't. This is not something to rejoice in........and we'll get better of course, as there's nowhere else to go than to get better, but as a club.......we're not doing ourselves any favours in the meantime.
Will another close loss give us something more to be proud of? I don't think so........but our percentage is good.

Anyway, some pieces are coming together but some questions still remain as they should.

We need Matty K playing.

He is our most important player and if he misses our chances of winning decrease significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back