Half-forwards:Sam WalshHarry McKayJack Silvagni
Forwards:Corey DurdinCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetGeorge HewettAdam Cerra
Interchange:Alex CincottaOllie HollandsJosh Honey
Brodie Kemp
Emergencies:Lachie CowanZac FisherLachie Fogarty
Matthew Kennedy

No… I don’t know why that would be considered a wild idea

The idea was Fisher to the backline, yeah?

Biggest barrier to that is his complete inability to contest a ball above head height. The guy would get out-marked by Caleb Daniel. His standard approach to a high ball is to run under it and hope his opponent follows him, give them a little nudge that borders on tunneling, and then double back and pick up the ground ball that's just sailed over their heads. That won't fly down back. His opponent is going to be solely focused on the ball and will trust that they'll either mark it or Fisher will concede a free kick trying to take their body.

Don't mind him drifting back in general play to help flood the backline with bodies, but he can't start down there.

Our biggest issue is the ball leaves our 50 too easily once the ball hits the ground.
once we get the right players that can keep the ball inside 50 tro create scoring opportunities, or at worse a stoppage, then we will be harder to defend and win more games.
Thought I'd never ask such a question, but is Owies back in the 2s this week?

Thought I'd never ask such a question, but is Owies back in the 2s this week?

From the club announcement of Motlop returning:

Matthew Owies will make his return from a four-week absence via the VFL, while Tom De Koning has entered concussion protocols and will be unavailable for selection this week. Sam Durdin has commenced his rehabilitation and is aiming to be available in 2-3 weeks.

Just need the Fisher who is more interested in this:

View attachment 1678563

And this:

carlton blues fish GIF by Carlton Football Club

And this:

Carlton Fc Fish GIF by Carlton Football Club

And less interested in this:

carlton blues celebration GIF by Carlton Football Club
I'm not so sure that last image is the issue exactly.

I think I've noticed Fisher has lost some of his Zip this season. His strength always was his quick feet but they just don't look that quick this season. He looks a bit thicker to me.

I think I've noticed Fisher has lost some of his Zip this season. His strength always was his quick feet but they just don't look that quick this season. He looks a bit thicker to me.

I kid a little. I don't mind the silly little celebration stuff............as long as the player is putting their head over the ball when they need to. Showboating is fine if you've earned the right.

Just get the feeling that Fisher is more in it for the fun than for the contest. I want him to be in it for both, but the latter is a non-negotiable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes, looks like getting caught when he gets the ball

Feel for the next whipping boy and next week's preview thread being all about player that was or wasn't dropped and all of their flaws

Discussing a player who was dropped for the game and what we'd like to see from him to get back into the side seems as good a topic as "I've got an idea, let's stop the ball from going into the opposition forward line too much".

Feel for the next whipping boy and next week's preview thread being all about player that was or wasn't dropped and all of their flaws
The list is getting smaller though - probably only got honey Jsos left maybe young -- if we lose $100 says we would have won with cunners and Dow ..

Marcus is not doing well. Not training, not hanging around the club. Doing some study.

At the start of the season Fagan said Marcus couldn't exercise (he was talking running at intensity) because symptoms. The message now is his priority is getting well.

He won't play again.

Justin Clarke went through the same thing. Three years later he would have full on symptoms if he knocked his head (on the hatchback on his car - a gentle knock) or tried to exercise at intensity. And he said while he was studying, it was much harder than before the brain injury.

It's the ugliest part of out game, but no idea how they can stop the random, seemingly minor collisions that these guys have suffered.
That's scary.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Isn't a whipping boy, 'one who gets the blame for the incompetence of others'.
If Fish or LOB or Dow are criticised, then I think it's entirely upon their own performances

Discussing a player who was dropped for the game and what we'd like to see from him to get back into the side seems as good a topic as "I've got an idea, let's stop the ball from going into the opposition forward line too much".
Doesnt make said player a whipping boy either. Someone may perform badly. They'll be discussed. Tis the way of the world. Someone will perform well. They'll be lauded. Balance is good. Allow for both.

We have Fish’s game in the 2s to dissect- no need to name anyone else, chances are we can roll with him again
Let’s start with Harry post game - shots missed, poor decision making etc…

We can call the thread “ Harry the Dirty Dog”

Then, a new team mate each day - based on Champion Data game rankings - because CD sheds so much light on reality.

The final day can be called “The Great Honey Hunt”.

(apologies to those born after 1993 for these obscure literary references)…

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back