Preview Rnd 8 - Carlton v Collingwood Saturday May 11th 1.45PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gday guys, don't usually browse this board (for obvious reasons) but i feel obliged to offer something as an outside observer of what this club has done this season. Feel free to take my opinion with a grain of salt, as obviously I'm an outsider and don't pay close attention to what goes on at Carlton. However, there are just a couple of things I'd like to say, take from it what you will.

Ok, here goes. Firstly, your game against us was, quite frankly, pissweak. A lot of your players just didn't seem interested, didn't give a shit which way the result went. Which I was shocked at. After all, you were playing my mob, a team bereft of confidence, cohesion, effort, everything that makes a footy team tick. I went into last week's game expecting the worst. You guys were coming off a game that you should've won against the once-mighty Hawks (a game in which, admittedly, your cause wasn't helped by the umpiring), and the week before, a drought-breaking victory that symbolised a turning point, with Sam Walsh, the future of your club, fittingly kicking the goal to finally put the 100-point curse to bed. We were coming off a couple of pathetic performances, with the scoreline flattering us over in Adelaide, and the week before having been well and truly pantsed by the Bombers. And yet, you let my mob run all over the top of you. We scored with ease, whilst you guys struggled to string more than a few possessions together without turning it over. What I saw last week didn't match the impression that I've gotten from this club this season at all. The effort and intent that I had noticed and applauded in earlier games, against the Suns, against the Tiges, against the Dogs, against the Hawks, was gone. Now, I don't know what happened last week, maybe the players all had shit going on with the missus. All I know is, I really reckon you blokes are in with a chance tomorrow. Not ballsy enough to tip you, but I just have this really weird feeling that you're gonna respond from last week in resounding fashion and give the Pies a massive scare. Seeing overconfident Pies fans spout bullshit about tomorrow's game on social media just makes me more sure about it. This club has a bright future, and I'm fast getting a soft spot for you after all the pain and suffering of the last few years. I know it must be hard to support this club, and your patience is probably thinner than a low-iron anorexic white chick, but stick with it. You're gonna come out firing tomorrow, and if you win, then who knows what that could lead to.

Good luck, and I really hope you put those cocky tattooed flogs in their place.

Gday guys, don't usually browse this board (for obvious reasons) but i feel obliged to offer something as an outside observer of what this club has done this season. Feel free to take my opinion with a grain of salt, as obviously I'm an outsider and don't pay close attention to what goes on at Carlton. However, there are just a couple of things I'd like to say, take from it what you will.

Ok, here goes. Firstly, your game against us was, quite frankly, pissweak. A lot of your players just didn't seem interested, didn't give a **** which way the result went. Which I was shocked at. After all, you were playing my mob, a team bereft of confidence, cohesion, effort, everything that makes a footy team tick. I went into last week's game expecting the worst. You guys were coming off a game that you should've won against the once-mighty Hawks (a game in which, admittedly, your cause wasn't helped by the umpiring), and the week before, a drought-breaking victory that symbolised a turning point, with Sam Walsh, the future of your club, fittingly kicking the goal to finally put the 100-point curse to bed. We were coming off a couple of pathetic performances, with the scoreline flattering us over in Adelaide, and the week before having been well and truly pantsed by the Bombers. And yet, you let my mob run all over the top of you. We scored with ease, whilst you guys struggled to string more than a few possessions together without turning it over. What I saw last week didn't match the impression that I've gotten from this club this season at all. The effort and intent that I had noticed and applauded in earlier games, against the Suns, against the Tiges, against the Dogs, against the Hawks, was gone. Now, I don't know what happened last week, maybe the players all had **** going on with the missus. All I know is, I really reckon you blokes are in with a chance tomorrow. Not ballsy enough to tip you, but I just have this really weird feeling that you're gonna respond from last week in resounding fashion and give the Pies a massive scare. Seeing overconfident Pies fans spout ******** about tomorrow's game on social media just makes me more sure about it. This club has a bright future, and I'm fast getting a soft spot for you after all the pain and suffering of the last few years. I know it must be hard to support this club, and your patience is probably thinner than a low-iron anorexic white chick, but stick with it. You're gonna come out firing tomorrow, and if you win, then who knows what that could lead to.

Thanks mate, really well said. I do really agree with all that and I get a feeling we will put up a fight and it will be under 20 points. We may win, unlikely but a few seem to have that feeling we will respond.
Plus we are always off our game at Docklands. Always perform better at the G.

Not sure if its been mentioned or not on here but interesting to see that we didn't replace Liam Jones with Goddard and instead it looks like we have given Caleb Marchbank the chance to step up.

To me he's looked like a player without role and caught a bit in no-mans land - albeit with an interrupted pre-season.

Hopefully this extra responsibility produces a different Caleb Marchbank than what we've seen recently

Ok, here goes. Firstly, your game against us was, quite frankly, pissweak. A lot of your players just didn't seem interested, didn't give a **** which way the result went. Which I was shocked at. After all, you were playing my mob, a team bereft of confidence, cohesion, effort, everything that makes a footy team tick. I went into last week's game expecting the worst. You guys were coming off a game that you should've won against the once-mighty Hawks (a game in which, admittedly, your cause wasn't helped by the umpiring), and the week before, a drought-breaking victory that symbolised a turning point, with Sam Walsh, the future of your club, fittingly kicking the goal to finally put the 100-point curse to bed. We were coming off a couple of pathetic performances, with the scoreline flattering us over in Adelaide, and the week before having been well and truly pantsed by the Bombers. And yet, you let my mob run all over the top of you. We scored with ease, whilst you guys struggled to string more than a few possessions together without turning it over. What I saw last week didn't match the impression that I've gotten from this club this season at all. The effort and intent that I had noticed and applauded in earlier games, against the Suns, against the Tiges, against the Dogs, against the Hawks, was gone. Now, I don't know what happened last week, maybe the players all had **** going on with the missus. All I know is, I really reckon you blokes are in with a chance tomorrow. Not ballsy enough to tip you, but I just have this really weird feeling that you're gonna respond from last week in resounding fashion and give the Pies a massive scare. Seeing overconfident Pies fans spout ******** about tomorrow's game on social media just makes me more sure about it. This club has a bright future, and I'm fast getting a soft spot for you after all the pain and suffering of the last few years. I know it must be hard to support this club, and your patience is probably thinner than a low-iron anorexic white chick, but stick with it. You're gonna come out firing tomorrow, and if you win, then who knows what that could lead to.

Well blow me down ....a North supporter sees the one thing we all missed.
It isnt Bolton or SOS
Plowman
Murphy
Polson
Anyone
Its the flaming wimmenfolk. Glory be and thanks zoomba.
We will sakc em all.............:D

Plenty of patience left, and never hard to support my club. Probably helps that we're relevant, even if unsuccessful the last few years.

Given the selected squad does not change I would play Murphy as the deepest forward at H's feet. Charlie on a wing/occasionally at CB's. McG (when forward) and Cas instructed to lead their opponents as far away from H as possible. This structure hopefully gets Charlie in the game, gives us a touch more midfield grunt, gives one of their small defenders someone to respect in Murph, and clears out the traffic which impedes H. I assume Moore will go to H. Instruct Charlie to wheel and go every time he gets the pill. Dont try the bullet passes, kick it to advantage. I'm not against H spending a few minutes here and there in the ruck for a different look. If this happens, CC goes deep and Cas to the pine.

Ed to Pendles (no brainer), Marchbank to JDG . I dont mind the idea of Walsh to Sidebottom, until it looks like the older stronger player may be getting off the leash, then rotate Setters on to him. Plowman to Mihocek. Willo to Stephenson. Mids to really commit to running hard to defence.

Play one on one all over the ground. **** this zone rubbish. We zone defend with fishing nets; full of holes.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thanks afl - our mandate is to keep the game in the hands of the people **** everyone except the wealthy, the tyre-kickers, the corporates and gil's mates
It needs to become a serious issue and some games including finals must remain on FTA

I'd like to see Willo go for his natural run and carry game. Didn't see any of it last week. Understand he's easing back into AFL, but would love him to get his confidence back and take the game on a la his 1st season.
Willo needed the gallop last week and will improve considerably tmrw. Can’t wait to see him regularly for the rest of the year

I'm waiting for him to be free flowing again too, Kenndy to get going and Stocker to show some signs but we need to be patience it will take some time, same for Macreadie after the BYE Baggers will be a different team and Garlett, Pickett and Le Bois Maybe to look forward to.
You had me until the Garlett and Le Bois bit..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back