Review Hard Fought 16 Point Win Over The Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win that. Frustrating at times but you can’t use a freezing, wet game in Ballarat as an indicator of where our skills are at. Ultimately what we showed was an ability to dig deep and fight for it and we got the 4 points we deserved. Couple of quite performances in the first half but over the course of the game everyone played their part and Roberts is the only one I’d be looking at dropping for Geelong. Macrae and Dunkley were awesome and Naughton really lifted when we needed him. Underrated game from Lloyd too.

We looked like a different side from late in the second quarter. More like last week.

Brisbane's inexplicable drop-off in the third quarter was critical to us stealing the winning break but credit to our boys too. They really did lift their game in the third, then just controlled it throughout the final quarter.

Bont had a big second half. Lloyd and Trengove don't have a lot of fans here but I thought they both worked really hard and were among our best. Dunkley superb. Naughton showing he can't be kept down for a full game. That's a great attribute.

I'm sitting here wondering how the hell we lost to GCS and Carlton. What a wasted opportunity but at least at 4-4 we're right back in the finals race.

Great win, was a really tough slog. Dunkley has been enormous this last 2 weeks. I’ll put my hand up and say I wasn’t a fan this season, I forgot how dominant he is in the midfield. He’s just so strong and desperate. It looks like Libba is playing forward a bit more to cover him and I don’t mind it too much. He applies good pressure and can win some crucial contests and distribute well into the forward 50. Great even contributions this game. Just a shows that when we’re all in we’re so much more consistent. Go dogs!

Hopefully English is ok, big difference around the ground to Trengove and Trengove suited to Hawkins.

Keep Dunkley in the guts.

Thought Young battled well and JJ was good.

Spewing about the Suns and Blues losses, need to make up for them and hopefully Geelong can be a win we weren’t expecting.

Only downside is my wife now has a crush on Naughton after watching the last two games with me!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully English is ok, big difference around the ground to Trengove and Trengove suited to Hawkins.

Keep Dunkley in the guts.

Thought Young battled well and JJ was good.

Spewing about the Suns and Blues losses, need to make up for them and hopefully Geelong can be a win we weren’t expecting.

Only downside is my wife now has a crush on Naughton after watching the last two games with me!

Absolutely. A bit like JJ of old. Some excellent attacks on the contest, plus some electrifying running for possession receives. A great sign.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back