Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It is difficult to know where to start. I been following the dogs for more than 60 years and have seen some absolute thrashings in that time. However, I have never been more disappointed than the performance we put up against saints. We played a depleted team who just wanted to have a go and we kick one goal in three half quarters completely unacceptable.

At start of the season, I thought our list was pretty good but lacked a bit of speed. To serve that up is an indictment of the players, coaches and the club it was a total embarrassment and lacked respect for the supporters. It appears now that nearly all of our top ranked players and coach have been signed to contracts, they could not care less. There is no comeback from here to play finals.

For what it is worth the moving of the deck chairs this week

Outs Darcy, Mclean, McComb
Ins Cleary, Kharmis, McNeil,

Last edited:
It won't happen, and wrong time, but the outs should include Beveridge, Grant, Spangher, Webb, R.Smith.
Obviously no ins available at short notice, but maybe the team can coach itself?!

It is difficult to know where to start. I been following the dogs for more than 60 years and have seen some absolute thrashing in that time. However, I have never been more disappointed than the performance we put up against saints. We played a depleted team who just wanted to have a go and we kick one goal in three half quarters completely unacceptable.

At start season I thought our list was pretty good but lacked a bit speed. To serve that up is an indictment of the players, coaches and the club it was a total embarrassment and lacked respect for the supporters. It appears now that nearly all of our top ranked players and coach have been signed to contracts, they could not care less. There is no comeback from here to play finals.

For what it is worth the moving of the deck chairs this week

Outs Darcy, Mclean, McComb
Ins Cleary, Kharmis, McNeil,

McLean is better than west. Not that I’m a fan of either of them. I would’ve traded west last year when he had some currency. He’s short and slow and average in and under player that’s not great by foot. The sort of player we need to move away from. Supporters only see the last name and like him based off of that.

Geez the cupboard is almost completely bare already.

In: Khamis, McNeil
Out: Darcy, McLean

Hopefully Arthur Jones is ready next week but I’m assuming he’ll be at Footscray first up. I’d to get Cleary in but there just isn’t really any easy ours in defence.

Another 50-point thrashing coming up? Hard to imagine what repercussions that would produce. From dreaming we would win every game, such was the preseason optimism, it's now hard to predict any wins at all.

Anyone notice that Ross Lyon has copied Melbourne's playbook? Surging forward at every opportunity. Remember when Richmond copied ours, and won the next flag? Right down to the verbal narrative, Why Not Us.

Bevo has been left behind. He hasn't evolved.

Khamis must come in to the side. Other than him, I've got no idea who else deserves inclusion. McNeil didn't play for Footscray so no observable form there.

How did Cleary play? People seem to like him.

How did Cleary play? People seem to like him.
Played a solid game in a defence that was constantly under pressure, particularly in the air where Casey players were taller and stronger. I like his skills but there are queries on his body to match seasoned opponents.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another 50-point thrashing coming up? Hard to imagine what repercussions that would produce. From dreaming we would win every game, such was the preseason optimism, it's now hard to predict any wins at all.

Anyone notice that Ross Lyon has copied Melbourne's playbook? Surging forward at every opportunity. Remember when Richmond copied ours, and won the next flag? Right down to the verbal narrative, Why Not Us.

Bevo has been left behind. He hasn't evolved.

This. I was saying to the wife that if we’re getting beaten this badly in the first quarter, the best coaches would change something to stem the flow. Obviously a small sample size from what we see but he just looks perplexed in the coaches box

No idea who we'll bring in, but we'll be lucky to get 15k to this game.
-Thursday night
-Playing terribly
-Interstate team

I will be there though!

Yeah, I will there like you a glutton punishment. Hope the Met is operating properly was nearly as bad as the dogs Saturday night. Went backwards to Flinders Street the loop must not have been working. Waited 20 mins could not on the train, another one came 5 minutes later not taking passengers (not like the dogs they had 22 passengers) and then other 5 minutes for the next train. Full of Saints supporters singing When the saints come marching in.

We want some blokes with a bit of fight who hate getting beaten.
In: C Sutton, E Whitten, R Kennedy, T Liberatore
Out: Any 4 who won't run, chase, fight for the ball or give 100%.
In which case I would play John Rambo. He looked fantastic in Afghanistan (Rambo III) particularly with a M60. Imagine that campaigner lining you up from the back flank?

Crowd under 10,000? Not entertaining, Thursday night, people voting with their feet (reading comments on multiple social media). Be interesting.
Yep, won't be attending a Melbourne game for the first time since the end of lockdown.

Out: Darcy, Macrae, McComb, Caleb Daniels, McLean, Bailey Smith
In: Whoever can kick straight and play with some ******* heart.

In. Khamis, McNeil, A.Jones
Out. Darcy, McComb, Daniel

Richards and Smith on the wings and keep our best players in the midfield as much as possible.

I suggest we need to go to the body - literally.

Have you blokes ever watched rounds 11-12 of Jeff Harding vs Dennis Andries in 89’ (World Champ at the time)?

Harding was getting flogged with his nose across his face against the champ, but he changed tactics, he went the body, he got in close risking another headshot and turned Andries rigcage into sausage meat. One of the most inspirational couple of minutes of sport I have seen. Doggies - go to the body!!

Also, is Johnny Lewis still around? If so he can step in for Bevo.

Last edited:
Out: Darcy, Daniel, McComb, minimum,
In : Jones, Cleary, Karmis,

No way on earth would I drop McCrae, this guy has always had a terrific work rate, he will work his way out of a form slump, his output when down is still better than most having a good day.

VFL team got well beaten too really have no idea what to do for the season now other then do a Collingwood of 2021 and get a top 3 draft pick new young coach and reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back