Prediction Changes v Crows

Karim Abdul Yeo

Cancelled
Jul 30, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Not bad. We are not that tall up front, crippa, rioli, Ryan and Jack or push rioli in the middle ad Oscar resting up forward. We got height at the back with Will.Oscar to pinch hit ruck. Lol forget about hitout stats this week, it will be nasty. Nelson like for like Jetta. The only semi questionable In is Jake. Need to find him a spot in this team cuz Oscar has taken his Forward spot and he is better than him for that role due to his flexibility and just overall better player. Good game to try Waterman on wing and if it doesn't work then WAFL 250 games is awaiting him. Mallen inclusion does not make sense. He can only come in for either sheed, yeo, shuey or maybe redden. All 4 are better than him unless we drop Hutch and give Mallen a game. Hutch has a tagging role so it won't happen.

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
So not sure who has seen Waterman in Beagles but he plays the high half forward running role - pretty similar to Venables. He is only 191 cm tall and does not crash the packs, Not sure why posters think he is a tall! In terms of Cameron, I think he is a special talent but based on his WAFL form, he is not that close to getting a debut. Certainly not if it is likely to be a wet night in Adelaide.

Nelson has been the best medium to small defender in my calculations for Beagles. I like that accountability plan and it was either he or Rotham for Jetta and I could happily handle either. If you want to cheer yourself up, let's see if Jackson cannot return to the form we saw in the first month last year.

In terms of Schofield, Oscar was only just OK against Melbourne and at times wondered what he was doing down back as he was playing on a mdeium to small defender for over half the night. I believe we have seen the best of Schofield as his judgement and closing speed have deteriorated but that will be less of an issue in the wet and with Tax and Himmelberg needing a Gov and another tall. Oscar supporting Vardy is fine.

So agree that the ins are not breath taking however they feel right.

I would like to see Mallen debut - as travelling emergency he is hopefully close to it.

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Oh well, haven't seen Nelson for a while? :rolleyes:
Could use his mongrel against the Crowbots!
Is being listed in emergencies and a club plane trip, a reward in itself for Wafl form? (like step #1)

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
In fact the more I look at this the better I like. MAllen, AhChee, Cameron!!! and Smith have every small /mediums slot covered if we pull out either Allen or Waterman. Cameron is a interesting prospect if we happed to decide to play Rioli or Liam up the ground.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
Why are people melting? What changes did we expect? This is almost exactly everyone’s suggested changes, just not Cameron who Simmo brought up.

Who else was coming in?
I've no issues with Schoey and Snakey coming in, but I was hoping to see Keegs get a go. Vardy solo rucking doesn't fill me with confidence.

jesterwester

Premiership Player
May 1, 2007
Australind
AFL Club
West Coast
Not surprised by the changes. Hutch goes into a tagging role on Sloane (with no Matt crouch playing), waterman goes on to the wing to play the selfless Masto role. Maybe even Redden goes onto the wing.

I think Nelson is a good in against Adelaide, they have those nuggety type forwards in Murphy, Gallucci & Jones.

No Jenkins is surprising given form in the SANFL.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
No Jenkins is surprising given form in the SANFL.

Was about to to say this. On Coast to Coast it sounded like they were expecting him to play. Surprised to see Gibbs omitted as well.

Jenkins is an emergency so let's not rule out a 'late swap'

Personally I would rather players different to Nelson and Waterman.

Such as? I wanted Rotham for example, but it was pretty apparent Nelson was a good chance after Simmo’s presser. I don’t see this as world changing, it’s like a +/- 5% change.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
someone should have done a bet with HT over his NN comments. Huge opportunity missed.

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
The changes are fine and all that could be expected at the moment.

Schofield had to be in. Our backs were too thin last week and we would have been pummelled if Melbourne had decent tall forwards.

I'm nonplussed by Waterman, he may not be tall but he plays tall. However, I think Rioli playing allows us to go taller.

And Nelson is like for like with more experience than Rotham. Although it is in the wet and contrary to a lot of posters here, that's when you need your most skilled players. Regardless, Jetta was suspended.

Brooksby might have been interesting, but couldn't ruck by himself and we're already looking tall. Sticking with the bigger, more experienced body in Vardy is sensible. I fully expect Vardy to have his best game of the year. A man of his age and time in the system isn't going to cop that much internal and external criticism and not have his pride pricked. And Adelaide's ruck division isn't exactly world-beating.

I think we can get it done.

hungrytiger

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Any chance at later flights? Or 2moro flights?
Bit dangerous taking only 1 Emergency i would of thought for a wet game.

Not a betting man but wouldnt be surprised to see either J Cameron or Ahchee on another flight.

Back