Past #43: Aaron Hall - Shinboner #1013 retires after 58 NM games - Thanks Aaron

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats interesting to suggest we need dash against Richmond.. essendon cheating scum are one of the fastest transition teams with an abundance of leg speed, didnt help em!

Can you please rephrase? I'm not sure the point you're making.

Are you blaming Hall and extra speed for that (awful) performance as a team?

Im worried about having too many squibs in the team!

He hasn't covered himself in glory in that regard, fair enough.

Should Polec be dropped? He's squibbed it as much as anyone in our team. (apart from LDU who's been horrible overhead)

But his positives far outweigh his negatives, as do LDU's - we should focus on that not focussing on negatives.

Last edited:

He hasn't covered himself in glory in that regard, fair enough.

Should Polec be dropped? He's squibbed it as much as anyone in our team. (apart from LDU who's been horrible in that regard)

But his positives far outweigh his negatives, as do LDU's - we should focus on that not focussing on negatives.
Yeh I agree, but this club needs a change! If they players including Hall dont show something, then they can piss off! Like I said, too many squibs is not what we need! Polec can squib but he’s useful, boundry line goals, lead up targets, smart outside player, he’s allowed to squib! He’s useful!

Hard as nails is he? Crashes packs and crunches blokes for the contested ball? Look out cunners, polec wants the mantle

Goes when it's his turn. When a contested ball is there to be won and it's his role to do so, he does so.

Don't conflate someone playing an outside role as designated by their team structure with being a squib.

LOL at calling Polec a squib. Do you people not watch the ******* game?

Polec is not a tough, courageous player. Gone occasionally yes, JMac does too but isn't consistent.

I think that is fair to say (and i like him), but he is highly skilled and runs hard. We need that.

ps; Pittard and his unreserved courage has suprised me massively in reverse.

Goes when it's his turn. When a contested ball is there to be won and it's his role to do so, he does so.

Don't conflate someone playing an outside role as designated by their team structure with being a squib.

Three of our players have been labelled squibs on this thread. It beggars belief that so-called supporters actually think this.

Polec is not a tough, courageous player. Gone occasionally yes, JMac does too but isn't consistent.

I think that is fair to say (and i like him), but he is highly skilled and runs hard. We need that.

Should wear the number 7! Is growing on me, he's making less mistakes as the season goes on and reminds me of Laidley!

Three of our players have been labelled squibs on this thread. It beggars belief that so-called supporters actually think this.

Play for North......

........equals can't be called out for squibbing.

Amazing. Admittedly i'm just happy we're on top of ladder and cruising.

Hang on.......

Should wear the number 7! Is growing on me, he's making less mistakes as the season goes on and reminds me of Laidley!

Yep Pittard our best recruit this year (relatively speaking).

His endeavour has Shinboner all over it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Show me footage of him shirking a contest this year. Put up or shut up.

For those who don't comprehend: a squib means that you pull out of contact when it's your turn to take it.

I have never seen Polec do this, let alone in the blue and white.

This is not to be confused with contested possession stats or tackles. These stats will reflect a players role, but have no bearing on whether of not they have the tendency to go when it's their turn. It simply means that they'll be put in that position less frequently than their peers who have a first use rather than a receiver role.

Do not call people squibs and then change the goal posts to "being a contested beast" because you've been called out.

As I said, put up or shut up. Show footage that Polec shirks contact when it's his turn to go. It should not be hard if he's a squib.

I'm not a footage machine. We have Giantroo for that.

I don't think Polec is a tough player. Nor do i think we expected that upon contracting him.

If you disagree, fine. Calm down, i like Polec.
Mods... Thread title must be inaccurate. Maybe it's my glasses, but it looked more like Hall than Polec to me.

Unchanged! Even Rhyce thinks Aaron Hall is a squib! Yes! To win we needed to make zero changes even though I want to see the executioner swinging his monster axe to the side!

Lets see how they go first under Shaw mate.

Hall was given a shot and he blew it (and as a Tasmanian, I'm biased his way).

Hall can earn his shot back with dominant VFL games.

Yes he was and yes he did, he’ll have to do what shaw asks, it was the right decision by shaw to leave him out, he’ll be chewed up and spat out by Cotch and Co

Edit: wouldnt be surprised if the boys gave the tiges an absolute massive crack and pull off a win.. although it goes against everything I want

Last edited:

This is where you and I will have to disagree! He will be asked to do specific things whilst he plays, he has a role and it appears as though he is finding hard to adapt to the role needed to play senior footy again.. whether he gets 50 touches and two goals and 50 tackles, if he doesnt meet the criteria, he wont get a game... looks as though my prediction is somewhat aligned with Shaws

Edit: best on or what appears as a successful game in the scoobs does not correlate to an instant recall!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back