News Thank you Bolts

Remove this Banner Ad

14571216-1c78-4442-af16-d83b0d9c1220.jpg

Dear Aphrodite,

The Club met with Brendon Bolton this morning where he was informed that a change in the senior coaching position was in the best interests of the Carlton Football Club.

Poor on-field performances and results over a sustained period of time have reached the point where the Club was left with no choice but to make the difficult decision it has today.

Quite simply the lack of wins has fallen short of what our football club expects at this stage of its development. There was an expectation this season that we would start to see the benefits of that development however to this point that has not occurred to the level we expected and Carlton cannot afford to sit back and wait any longer.

While winning does not solely rely on one individual, the ultimate accountability sits with the senior coach.

Brendon has been an outstanding person for our football Club over the last three-and-a-half seasons.

There is no question he gave his heart and soul to the Navy Blue during that time. His care and commitment to Carlton is a testament to Brendon’s qualities not only as a coach but as a person.

We do have a responsibility to our members, fans and all stakeholders to do everything we can to improve on-field performance.

Assistant coach David Teague will take on the role of caretaker coach for the remainder of the 2019 season.

The Club will commence its search for a new senior coach, which will be done with a focus of continuing the progression of the Club’s overall strategy.

Having acquired four years’ worth of elite draft talent, development of that talent must now translate into significant on-field improvement and winning for the Carlton Football Club.

To be clear, our strategy does not change. Today is a measured step we needed to take as a football club in order to keep moving forward and will allow us to build on the work done over recent seasons.

While decisions such as today’s are difficult, they are necessary so that we can continue to progress towards our ultimate goal of winning premierships for our football club.

Regards,

Mark LoGiudice
President, Carlton Football Club
Member ID: 12010170
that reads pretty well for mine.......

Dogs fan here just jumping in, Bolts has not had an easy job. You guys have the talent though just need someone to put it all together. Honestly this reminds me of when Macca was sacked he developed a lot of the kids who went on to win the flag with us but just wasn't a good matchday coach, you need to get someone like Bevo who was able to pick up what was left and piece it together really don't think you are that far off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brendon Bolton is a genuinely good man.
It is sad that he could not see it through.

I thought he was our long-term coach back when we played well in 2016/2017.

2018 was a disaster.
2019 was heading that way.

I believe the GWS game was the end of his Carlton coaching career. Some losses have repercussions.

It would have been better for everyone if Bolts could have succeeded, alas it was not to be the case.

Best wishes to you Brendon for your life after the Carlton.

That Presser killed me. Made me cry and i am grateful for everything Bolts has done for this club. I have no doubt he has unified the club as a whole.

He was exactly what the club needed.He has built the foundation for someone else to come along and take the playing group to the next level (something unfortunately Brendan couldn't do).

So that press conference. Bolton is a great man.

LoGuidice gets asked if he will consider his position, OF COURSE NOT he is doing great.
Is list management an issue???? Course not all good. (LoGuidice and SOS are besties for those keeping score.)
Did you consult Robert Walls, you know the guy who should know most about the coaches??? Nope....

So basically Bolton was the only issue, not a scapegoat at all. Nothing to see here.

LoGuidice is a bumbling idiot.

I think all Bluebaggers will come together and appreciate Bolton for what he has done and we all have no doubts you gave 110% in trying to turn the wheel. The harsh realities of working in a professional sporting environment (and as well as commercial) is that if the wheel doesn't turn quick enough the individual at the top generally is moved on. I still backed you myself till about 2-3 weeks ago, and my heart yearned for the obvious not to be true but alas yesterday it could not be ignored any longer.

Thankyou from the bottom of my heart! You'll always be part of the fabric of this club and part of our history! Not many individuals get to be a coach of our club and sadly for you and us it's been at our worst.

Go with all our respect, love and understanding!

You'll no doubt find your feet and continue to strive to make the lives of football players more improved on and off the field no matter which grade of AFL or role you take up!

It's been a pleasure for the most part!

Cheers to you Bolts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back