News List Changes - Thank you LOB, Honey & Philp

Remove this Banner Ad

Although extremely disappointed that Lochie has been delisted I understand it’s a tough business

The fact is he has played 66 games more than I ever did for my beloved Blues and always gave it his best.

I have said on numerous occasions that culture and development before Voss arrived was extremely poor and many draftees suffered. Timing in life can be everything.

Hopefully he will get a go somewhere else and realise his potential. Fingers crossed

Whatever happens he will do well in his life. He is quality kid with great loving parents. 🙏
👏👏👏

Although extremely disappointed that Lochie has been delisted I understand it’s a tough business

The fact is he has played 66 games more than I ever did for my beloved Blues and always gave it his best.

I have said on numerous occasions that culture and development before Voss arrived was extremely poor and many draftees suffered. Timing in life can be everything.

Hopefully he will get a go somewhere else and realise his potential. Fingers crossed

Whatever happens he will do well in his life. He is quality kid with great loving parents. 🙏

Love this Soapy V . Please make sure he knows that even his naysayers appreciate the hard work and effort he put into the club .

1 game , 66 games, 300 games. He'll always be a part of our football club.

Is Lochie still doing hours for his flying / pilot ambitions?

Last edited:
Re: Honey & Philp

Honey has some great attributes. Always felt he was more suited to a HB role than forward. He can run and kick it well.

Last pre season Voss really took to Philp and thought he would bring some speed and run to our side. Sadly for him his body just wouldn’t stand up.

I wish both of them all the best 👍
Yeah, heard/read that Philpy was bit of a favourite of Vossy in pre-season#1 but then injuries beset (again).
Thought it was strange we weren’t looking to try to salvage that role for Philp as a rookie at least plus we still need able players for that position with actual pace.
Tough calls to be made. See if he’s STK bound as has been mentioned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Philp cruelled by injury, not the first and won’t be the last.

LOB got a decent run at it last year, but either had to lift to another level or lose his spot this year, and it was the later. He did play some decent footy last year though.

Honey, he could convert but never thought he had the smarts to find the footy.

It’s a tough game and most don’t last too long, LOB did exceedingly well to get to 66 games.

I feel a bit for Philp as he really didn’t get a run at it due to constant injuries.

IMO the other two got enough opportunities to make their case, still unlucky though.

That said list spots are precious so tough decisions have to be made.

I feel a bit for Philp as he really didn’t get a run at it due to constant injuries.

IMO the other two got enough opportunities to make their case, still unlucky though.

That said list spots are precious so tough decisions have to be made.

Was a fan of all 3 at various times but I hope Philp can do a preseason somewhere - survive it - and get on a list. At Carlton or elsewhere - he's got talent so I hope he gets a proper chance.

Good luck to Lachie, and his family. 66 games more than most on here. Well done Lachie.

This wouldn't have happened 3 years ago when we had no depth. Now we have depth , im glad the club has the balls to cut half decent players loose.
It sends a message to the playing group as well to raise standards or be tapped on the shoulder. Love that the hard decisions are being made.
Good luck to all players on their new journey and LOB who will end up at a West Coast or a Nth Melb to help those sides improve their depth.

I have a couple of memories of LO’b, of Lachie Hunter then of the Bulldogs saying how hard a runner he is at half time and of Adam Treloar then of Collingwood pinging both hamstrings when being chased by LO’b. Acres, O Hollands and Cottrell all ahead of him, if not one of Cerra or Walsh starting out of the square. And there’s Docherty and Binns too. Tough though and I hope he gets a chance at another club. Soapy V

Philp I had high hopes for with his speed being a point of difference and being what we still need, and SOS manouvreing in the draft to pinch him …

Honey taken as a rookie and had a good shot at it.

The quality of players we are delisting are much better than those we have cut over the last few years, and we might even trade Dow and Young, with the latest Bluemour that Fisher is 50/50 to stay or trade.

Surprised by the Ob1 cut. Probably just me though.
Yes a bit surprised. I thought he might be retained as depth and with a chance he can hit some form. We are a bit light on for Mid/Wing depth but as someone else mentioned he may have been offered a DFA spot elsewhere so we are doing the right thing 🤞

Remove this Banner Ad

Back