Review Good/Bad v GWS, Rd 12 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you know what Godden said:

“Very unlucky but you can’t play too many blokes like that as an inside mid”

I rest my case, he was dropped.
THAT was your case??

Of course he was dropped. And, equally obviously, he was kept out of the SANFL because we expected him to come back in five days later.

I have no idea, after such an amazing game, why this point needed thirty posts to discuss??

Interesting contested possession count by Lachie Murphy...

M.Crouch 14
B. Crouch 14
R. O'Brien 12
C.E-Yolmen 11
L. Murphy 11
R. Sloane 9

T. Taranto 16 the only GWS player with double figures.
Murphy went at 46% efficiency.

Agree. I’ll say it again...Marty Mattner deserves serious credit. Cameron and Hburg have consistently kicked bags this year but were barely seen last night. I’m trying to remember the last time I’ve seen our backline this organised and working together.

I wish I could say the same for the fwds
Yeah, the defensive coach at GWS outcoached Hart enormously. The number of blocks being thrown so that intercept marks could be taken was impressive.

Who would be the best forward coach in the league? Throw them some money for next year!

THAT was your case??

Of course he was dropped. And, equally obviously, he was kept out of the SANFL because we expected him to come back in five days later.

I have no idea, after such an amazing game, why this point needed thirty posts to discuss??
Yes it is my case, so you agree with me.

After the game, Kane brought up Pykes comments to have a crack at those who claimed Greenwood was dropped and not rested for Richmond.

Then as Big Footy goes, I disagreed with his comment and back and forth we go until eventually I’m proven correct.

As for the topic being ongoing, you brought it up, you argued with me but actually agree with me, so that’s on you.

********. You’ve got to really question your judgement.

Douglas 12 disposals, 42% DE, 0 goals, not even a shot on goal.

Greenwood, 7 disposals, 100% DE and 1 crucial goal.

Plus Douglas fumbled and couldn’t take the ball a number of crucial times.

Greenwood was very quiet but he had 10 minutes to get ready. Douglas was putrid.
Douglas was mostly shit, other than hitting Tex on the chest in the last, and three score involvements.

Greenwood was completely invisible, other than one great mark.

Honestly, no one should be arguing for either. They were terrible.

If you want to think Greenwood's 7 disposals makes him somehow better than someone else on the ground, go right ahead. I had him worst on until that mark, because he did zero.

Douglas was mostly ****, other than hitting Tex on the chest in the last, and three score involvements.

Greenwood was completely invisible, other than one great mark.

Honestly, no one should be arguing for either. They were terrible.

If you want to think Greenwood's 7 disposals makes him somehow better than someone else on the ground, go right ahead. I had him worst on until that mark, because he did zero.
You mention Douglas’s 3 score involvements and ignore Greenwood’s 2?

And Godden. Why did you ignore his comments?

You’ve just backed up what I said, you can’t play too many inside mids and as for your comment on CEY, that’s what Hart said too;)

But answer me this, do you think we would go into a game without our best 22 or would we rest a player we considered a best 22 for the following week? Can you give me another example of when we’ve done this?
If THAT'S your point - no. I don't think we EVER name a team that isn't the best 22 we think we should take out on the ground.

Mackay and Greenwood didn't play against GWS because we though the mix was wrong. Mackay and Greenwood didn't play against West Adelaide because we anticipated them coming back in against Richmond.

Have I missed the post where you quoted Pyke saying that Greenwood and Mackay are definitely best 22 and they were only out because they were rested for the next week?

Shit, Greenwood could do with a rest now ...

Yes it is my case, so you agree with me.

After the game, Kane brought up Pykes comments to have a crack at those who claimed Greenwood was dropped and not rested for Richmond.

Then as Big Footy goes, I disagreed with his comment and back and forth we go until eventually I’m proven correct.

As for the topic being ongoing, you brought it up, you argued with me but actually agree with me, so that’s on you.
LOL, you didn't have a point and then was proven right. You clearly don't have a quote for Pyke to back up your claims he's a liar.

The only thing you've consistently been proven able to do is come into Bigfooty after a fantastic win and make sixty posts complaining about things.

Even in great wins, you seem to search for bitterness.

Mate, enjoy these weeks.

Keath was a lot cleaner with his hands tonight. He'd seemed a bit off the last two weeks after the clash with Hartigan.

Speaking of clashes... how was the massive hit between M Crouch and Isaac Cumming?

You heard the impact up in the stand, yet M Crouch bounced up instantly. The Giants guy was stuffed. Didn't know if he was Cumming or going.

Statement stuff.
I also loved the Sheppard CEY put on in centre sqaure in the 1st qtr, legal, completely unnecessary but made a statement.

Along with his bone crunching tackle, its almost like we have players finally keen to make their presence felt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL, you didn't have a point and then was proven right. You clearly don't have a quote for Pyke to back up your claims he's a liar.

The only thing you've consistently been proven able to do is come into Bigfooty after a fantastic win and make sixty posts complaining about things.

Even in great wins, you seem to search for bitterness.

Mate, enjoy these weeks.
Oh Kristof, you hungover? Because you are having a shocker.

First off, I claimed Greenwood and Mackay were dropped and not rested.

Then Kane uses Pykes post game comments that they were rested to be fresh for Richmond.

I initially state Pyke must have been telling porkies if that’s the case because it contradicts what the other coaches said.

I then in subsequent posts state I want to see the context of Pykes comments, because I believe he was talking about being rested from the sanfl side.

I have posters arguing with me.

You then continue it this morning and argue with me but in the end you actually agree with me. So again I have to ask how thick are you?

Since you’ve made the claim, can you find examples of other wins where I’ve come on and whinged for “60 posts”? Because that’s the basis of your post, I’m searching for bitterness. Or is it again a case of you being full of shit? Because I’ve got plenty of examples of that.

Oh Kristof, you hungover? Because you are having a shocker.

First off, I claimed Greenwood and Mackay were dropped and not rested.

Then Kane uses Pykes post game comments that they were rested to be fresh for Richmond.

I initially state Pyke must have been telling porkies if that’s the case because it contradicts what the other coaches said.

I then in subsequent posts state I want to see the context of Pykes comments, because I believe he was talking about being rested from the sanfl side.

I have posters arguing with me.

You then continue it this morning and argue with me but in the end you actually agree with me. So again I have to ask how thick are you?

Since you’ve made the claim, can you find examples of other wins where I’ve come on and whinged for “60 posts”? Because that’s the basis of your post, I’m searching for bitterness. Or is it again a case of you being full of ****? Because I’ve got plenty of examples of that.
Been trying to work out what the hell you’ve been on about, then I saw that name: only poster I’ve ever put on ignore so the posts aren’t appearing!

Been trying to work out what the hell you’ve been on about, then I saw that name: only poster I’ve ever put on ignore so the posts aren’t appearing!

The flog complains I’m wrong, wont let the topic go because I’m bitter and yet he’s quoted me about 10 times this morning and actually agrees with me. What kind of idiot does that?

There looked to be a sling tackle on one of our players on the centre eastern wing in last quarter. Anyone recall it?
It was Keath. Can't remember the tackler.

Looked bad but didn't hit his head on the ground fortunately

Pretty ordinary crowd? Perfect night 41,000 is poor.

Hopefully can go close to 50 on Thursday

Reckon there were only maybe 100 GWS supporters there

- (still managed to have 4 behind us though )

Did the brutal impact of these two in the trenches wear down the Giants by the fourth quarter?

We got ourselves a couple of monsters - and it’s great
Dougie’s touch was horrendous last night. He was obviously brought back too soon. Needed another game in the SANFL. But I don’t think he will be dropped now (unless we go with Gibbs) I think they will just hope he gains touch in the seniors.

Smithers decision to go with that inside out handball causing a turn over instead of pumping it long into the forward line was mystifying!! Why would any player with such an elite boot choose that crazy option at a crucial time of the game?
Smithers should be banned from handballing - with a leg like his I just wonder “why would he ?”

Footy Gods and Karma are very real

Anyone see the GWS banner ?
Something about Dees having us on the ropes, lost a game they should have won .... blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
While we’re just having fun “

So glad they enjoyed last night !🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Greenwood had a statistically quiet game because he barely played in the middle.

The reason for this is because Milera is now playing a lot more minutes in the middle. Start of the year Greenwood took that midfield slot.

CEY is the better midfielder out of the two. Unpopular opinion but I can see why Greenwood is on the outer somewhat. Dermie said during the FoxFooty guff how Greenwood is not really a natural forward.

He is a slow mid. We can't have all three of MCrouch, CEY and Greenwood play midfield roles, when everyone else is available.

If you can get a good trade for a.28 year old Greenwood you do it. And the club may well be looking at that option.

Unfortunately Greenwood is becoming surplus to need.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jarman kicked out on the full once

He's having a good season in the toughest position on the ground
He's a fantastic competitor and a good team man.

He has very mediocre skills by foot.

I worry that we're too blue collar to really compete - unless I'm completely wrong, and being MORE blue collar is the way to beat more talented teams, which could be true.

Few things gone our way the last two weeks
Demons' poor goal kicking
Arm chair umpire ride vs GWS

Nice to have some things go our way. Get the feeling that Thursday will need to be 100% on us. Can't give up the same easy ball movement we did against Melbourne. Can't waste as many I50s as we did against GWS.

He's a fantastic competitor and a good team man.

He has very mediocre skills by foot.

I worry that we're too blue collar to really compete - unless I'm completely wrong, and being MORE blue collar is the way to beat more talented teams, which could be true.
He's unfashionable no doubt but is on his way to being our Puopolo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back