Religion Religions and rudeness.

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn’t say that. You’re coming in about 3 or 4 weeks into a conversation which has as its context a group of atheists denying their ideology’s role in various atrocities over the last century, whilst at the same time directly pointing the finger at religious groups, particularly Christians, for their role in atrocities committed in the Middle Ages.

A ridiculous line of conversation considering there's no such thing as "god" and religions have basically been institutions utilised by those in power to oppress and maintain power.

No one is to blame for anything that happened 70-80 years ago, much less centuries.

A ridiculous line of conversation considering there's no such thing as "god" and religions have basically been institutions utilised by those in power to oppress and maintain power.

No one is to blame for anything that happened 70-80 years ago, much less centuries.
how do you know there's no such thing as God?

1) No evidence.
2) You cannot prove somethings existence without evidence.
true

but I don't need to prove anything
I didn't write that he did exist to you
he exists to me

I'm not militant

but you can't dismiss God because you don't believe in him

you can only say " I don't believe in God! ... because I just don't! I don't have any evidence that he doesn't exist.. but I respect your right to believe in God!.. because I don't know for sure!"

on the other hand I can say " God exists to me because I can feel him everywhere I look.. and I have faith."
just like you might have faith your gf or bf is the right one for you... you don't know this because you can't prove it.. but you feel it)..
that would be a good start!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you can join in anytime if you have something to say of any worth!

lol

There cannot be any conversation here with you lot, both arguments are different sides of the same coin. One faith faith and more faith and the other side will disagree with anything that they dont agree with forgetting that science is a quest too, yet some people swallow it as if nothing else matters.

Wikipedia?

lol

that probably says more about you than the theme we are discussing!

Is it any less credible than a collection of superstitions spanning back 3500 years that only came to prominence because a superstitious Roman emperor had a "vision"?

Wikipedia?

lol

that probably says more about you than the theme we are discussing!
It's a list of deities, you don't need to go through world renowned educational institutions to come up with it, it has links upon links upon links and references to back it up, would you like to dispute any deities on the list?

It's a list of deities, you don't need to go through world renowned educational institutions to come up with it, it has links upon links upon links and references to back it up, would you like to dispute any deities on the list?

I think you need to stop cut n pasting your arguments and make them yourself
explain how any of that is proof that there is no God!

like choose your favourite link and summarise it in your own words in a way that makes perfect sense and let's go!

what you just did it hilariously lazy schoolboyish

There cannot be any conversation here with you lot, both arguments are different sides of the same coin. One faith faith and more faith and the other side will disagree with anything that they dont agree with forgetting that science is a quest too, yet some people swallow it as if nothing else matters.
because Im a tolerant Christian I don't have a problem with your personal right to be an atheist and nor am I attacking your belief system

do you laugh at Aboriginals having belief systems or Indians or Eskimos?

when was the last time you walked up to an indigenous Australian and told him me believes in a tooth fairy when he's at church?

I know it's easy to have a go at people on line anonymously

but you can't prove much

or you're doing is laughing at people who are different to yourself

you don't think that's arrogant?

I think you need to stop cut n pasting your arguments and make them yourself
explain how any of that is proof that there is no God!

like choose your favourite link and summarise it in your own words in a way that makes perfect sense and let's go!

what you just did it hilariously lazy schoolboyish
Personal experience, in my 59 years on this planet I have been a religious god believer all the way to an atheist and many things in between, I have experienced absolutely zero evidence to suggest there is an interventionist, omnipresent, omniscient creator, if such evidence presents itself to me whether personally via an epiphany or presented evidence I shall change my mind.

Feel free to "convert" me if you like, otherwise keep posting fluff of no substance.

that's not an argument
Christianity pre existed Emperor Constantine by three plus centuries

you need to do better than that;

lol

It came to prominence because of Constantine's superstitious idiocy:

The author Eusebius, a Constantine apologist, also described the event in “Life of Constantine,” which he wrote after Constantine’s death in 337. According to Eusebius, Constantine saw a vision of a cross rather than the letters of Christ.He saw with his own eyes the trophy of a cross of light in the heavens, above the sun, and bearing the inscription, CONQUER BY THIS. At this sight he himself was struck with amazement, and his whole army also, which followed him on this expedition, and witnessed the miracle,” wrote Eusebius.

If not for this ridiculous quirk of fate, the Christians may very well have perished along with the Zoroastrians, Tengrians, Mithrans and Cathars (who you lot eliminated, well done "religion of peace"), and you would now be following some other brand of fairytale.

it became original it was already prominent

and why was it stupid?

he shaped European culture and civilization
and even brought you onto the scene
and everything you know today

you're not here in isolation neither is anything you have and know

because Im a tolerant Christian I don't have a problem with your personal right to be an atheist and nor am I attacking your belief system

I don't have a "belief" system. I have stated it repeatedly. For me evidence is everything and i have clearly stated the method to find such evidence, only to be ridiculed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back