Preview North v Pies round 15 pre game thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only change Wood for Ahern..
It was out of Wood and Garner, as need more players who can rotate at the coal face. Sorry Wood have a couple of rounds in the twos and come back with that killer instinct.
Wood was good against Dogs and Tigers under the lid. I'd stick with him for this week.

I remember from the game last year thinking he killed us.
Yep. This is the issue imo. I think we break even and rise to their level but it's the role players in their side that I'm worried about. It's the one's like Phillips, Thomas, Mihochek etc. that I worry about while we are focused on the main elite players in their team. Win those battles and we win imo.

We have to bring the Richmond like intensity or we lose. Simple as that. Zurhaar, Garner, and Turner need to put pressure on their defenders. We are lucky that Howe, Langdon, and Dunn are out as it puts more pressure on their bit part defenders like Aish, Greenwood, and Crisp.

Tarrant - Reid
Durdin - Cox
Thompson - Mihochek
Marley - Thomas
LMac - De Goey
Atley/Pittard - Varoe/WHE

Yep. This is the issue imo. I think we break even and rise to their level but it's the role players in their side that I'm worried about. It's the one's like Phillips, Thomas, Mihochek etc. that I worry about while we are focused on the main elite players in their team. Win those battles and we win imo.

We have to bring the Richmond like intensity or we lose. Simple as that. Zurhaar, Garner, and Turner need to put pressure on their defenders. We are lucky that Howe, Langdon, and Dunn are out as it puts more pressure on their bit part defenders like Aish, Greenwood, and Crisp.

Tarrant - Reid
Durdin - Cox
Thompson - Mihochek
Marley - Thomas
LMac - De Goey
Agreed. Need to shut down the guys on the periphery. Good backline match ups

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We ran out of legs against GWS, the pies will do the same, so we need another midfielder in..
who goes out?
Ahern for Garner. As it should have been last game.

I think Wood has the potential to do more damage than Garner.

Ahern for Garner. As it should have been last game.

I think Wood has the potential to do more damage than Garner.
It’s a truely flip a coin between the two.
The only reason I’d drop Wood is Garner outperformed him on the day. I actually think there’s only one spot between the two of them.

The only way I can see them playing together in the forward line, is TT moving to the midfield or a HBF. To get him involved in the game more.

Phillips and Sidebottom on the wings. Dumont to Sidebottom, Polec - Phillips. LMac or Atley will go to De Goey. Wouldn't surprise if Thommo went to him.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thommo to DeGoey definitely for mine. A good match up as we have the talls covered.

He could destroy Atley or LMac, way too strong/good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tarrant - Reid
Durdin - Cox
Thompson - Mihochek
Marley - Thomas
LMac - De Goey

Luke's pace is off mate, and De Goey goes high & hard. Collingwood have no problems hitting him up at 50-60 metres out from goal. I also don't know whether Durdins body strength is up to shifting Cox.

As I mentioned, I reckon they will push WHE up to the wing in the hope of getting a Dumont match up.

Collingwood are all about creating mismatches.

i will say this only once.....if u watch all collingwood games you will notice that Mason Cox stands the mark whenever a player has a shot for goal whether its 20 metres out or 50 metres out.... Goldy needs to do the same.. no need for goldy to be on the line for a 30 metre shot for goal... A : its better if he is on the Mark to make the goalkicker have to kick a bit higher and B: if it is a Goal he is already close the the centre square and doesnt have to run 100 metres to get there and C: if its a point he is already positioned for the kick in.. simples really.

Just came back from pies vs dogs and in short we have our work cut out. Im stirring all my pies mate with a bit of banter but hopefully we can show some heart and effort and not get pumped

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Yep. Also Pies made a crap ton of non pressure errors and still won comfortably. Doubt those errors will be there this weekend.

We need to win in the air if we're a chance, they love their 3 kick post to post play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back