Roast Enough is Enough

Remove this Banner Ad

yes and no, I was on to Trout a few years ago when there seemed to be a very short supply of elite talent popping their heads up. Other clubs with picks around ours seemed to turn their picks into guns, ours stagnated. The others seem to get mids when we needed them and I pointed that out too. Apparently a whole lot of mids are coming through free agency though and Hugh and Paddy are the bookends.

I agree that it SHOULD be easier to get good mids.

Here's how our drafting should have gone.... without any free agency.

Grundy. Clury. Membrey. Rookie Ben Brown. ( No Hickey or Lee )
Billings , Crouch, Nankurvis , Fantasia . ( No Dunstan or Acres ).
Brayshaw , McLean , Vickers-Willis, Caleb Daniel. ( don't mind Lonie but Daniel would have been better).
Gresham, Mitch Brown, Tom Phillips.
Parfitt, Battle , Ed Phillips.

We still have Battle, Carlisle and Brown and the newer picks.
We still have Ross and Newnes but would they get a game?

OK 20:20 hindsight, but a good drafter would have got more than 3 of those.

In the personality cult of St Kilda FC, Lethlean at least seems like he has some kind of plan for us. Right now I can't tell wether we have a messiah or a moron in charge. He does seem to have grabbed the whole lot of them by the balls and is making things happen.

I look at it this way gringo2011.....in the short time Lethlean has been at the club....what has he got wrong.

Too short a time to make a good judgement....I'm keeping my powder dry until it's painfully obvious he's made a stuff up.

i don't have an any feeling towards Finnis, Richo or any other paid employee of the club. both of them are not saints fans. they are there for a career and the pay cheque. our club is just the opportunity. they are not the st kilda football club. they are passing through it. the fans are the club and always will be.

For sure, WE are the ones that bleed.

Which is exactly why we all get emotional and passionate and push the boundaries on here.

At the end of the day ( jeez I hate that phrase) we fans all want the same thing for our club.

Of course debt is relevant. China game proves it. Probably keeping richo proves it. Getting people who were connected with the afl proves it. If you are talking on field well that’s a different subject that o never brought up. You may want to because it’s another reason to say we have no excuse for not being as good as wce.

of course i'm talking about onfield!!!! that's the whole point of my post! hence mentioning the spend in the football department not being dissimilar.

Debt forces us to sometimes do as the afl want.

like what exactly? what specifically have we had to do that the AFL wants?

And again how the hell would I know what debt has stopped us doing. I never said it has stopped us doing anything in the original post. I said is may have forced us to do things we didn’t want to do.

you literally said it in the sentence above.

of course i'm talking about onfield!!!! that's the whole point of my post! hence mentioning the spend in the football department not being dissimilar.

like what exactly? what specifically have we had to do that the AFL wants?

you literally said it in the sentence above.
I don’t care about the point of your post. I wrote something and you quoted it. My post was about off field stuff. I suggest you read it again as you have obviously forgotten what I wrote. I am worried about your ability to read. What the afl want us to do is completely different to stopping us doing what we want. I will explain with a basic example They most likely made us play in China. Get that part. Yes surely. You then asked me what they stopped us doing. I said how would I know. And it isn’t even relevant to my post Just out of interest how would anyone know what they stopped us doing because we obviously didn’t do it. Can you explain that to me yet you want me to somehow know even though not once have I suggested they stopped us doing anything.

Just out of interest how would anyone know what they stopped us doing because we obviously didn’t do it. Can you explain that to me yet you want me to somehow know even though not once have I suggested they stopped us doing anything.
I won’t interrupt your conversation except to say that logic is impeccable.

I don’t care about the point of your post. I wrote something and you quoted it. My post was about off field stuff. I suggest you read it again as you have obviously forgotten what I wrote. I am worried about your ability to read. What the afl want us to do is completely different to stopping us doing what we want. I will explain with a basic example They most likely made us play in China. Get that part. Yes surely. You then asked me what they stopped us doing. I said how would I know. And it isn’t even relevant to my post Just out of interest how would anyone know what they stopped us doing because we obviously didn’t do it. Can you explain that to me yet you want me to somehow know even though not once have I suggested they stopped us doing anything.

If you don't care about the point of my post what in the hell are you replying too? Are you just responding to peoples posts with random comments?

It was our call if we play in China or not. A number of club's were approach by port Adelaide. Including carlton. We won out.

Do you have any proof what so ever that the AFL made us play in China?

That 2nd last sentence is just wow.

If you don't care about the point of my post what in the hell are you replying too? Are you just responding to peoples posts with random comments?

It was our call if we play in China or not. A number of club's were approach by port Adelaide. Including carlton. We won out.

Do you have any proof what so ever that the AFL made us play in China?

That 2nd last sentence is just wow.
I wrote the first post. I didn’t randomly respond to anyone. If you actually read my first post that you responded to you will see that I was talking all off field. You do understand that. You then said something about us and wce which I acknowledged but then continued about money off field. You were the one trying to get me to mention on field stuff but I wasn’t getting involved in that. You kept asking questioned which I answered as best I could. Something you don’t do iif it makes you wrong. Not once was I talking on field and as I actually started the post I would think you were responding to me. Surely you get that.

Like wow in your opinion. But that’s based on you not reading it. And yes I have proof from a saints employee. Not sure how that helps but if you don’t think the afl suggested we play there after you rightly point out others said no then you are just saying it to argue.

Strange this one. As another poster pointed out you even asked me to answer the strangest question ever. I’ve done a bit of digging. We did actually want to do something the agl said no to. We wanted to play port on the moon. They said you don’t have the money for that

Last edited:
I wrote the first post. I didn’t randomly respond to anyone. If you actually read my first post that you responded to you will see that I was talking all off field. You do understand that. You then said something about us and wce which I acknowledged but then continued about money off field. You were the one trying to get me to mention on field stuff but I wasn’t getting involved in that. You kept asking questioned which I answered as best I could. Something you don’t do iif it makes you wrong. Not once was I talking on field and as I actually started the post I would think you were responding to me. Surely you get that.

Like wow in your opinion. But that’s based on you not reading it. And yes I have proof from a saints employee. Not sure how that helps but if you don’t think the afl suggested we play there after you rightly point out others said no then you are just saying it to argue.

Strange this one. As another poster pointed out you even asked me to answer the strangest question ever. I’ve done a bit of digging. We did actually want to do something the agl said no to. We wanted to play port on the moon. They said you don’t have the money for that
Ok mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back