Autopsy Swans Vs Carlton Round 17

Remove this Banner Ad

How convenient that your theory places all the blame on the players and not the coach. Are you honestly saying you think CARLTON have a more talented list than us?

You don't understand the game i assume by the majority of your posts including this one but fwiw no Carlton don't have a better list but when you get a list that is not that great that does not execute to a reasonable standard and lacks effort, yes you can be beaten by a an inferior list to your own. Simple enough for you ? Don't bother replying because if I read another of your inane responses my ******* head will explode.

You don't understand the game i assume by the majority of your posts including this one but fwiw no Carlton don't have a better list but when you get a list that is not that great that does not execute to a reasonable standard and lacks effort, yes you can be beaten by a an inferior list to your own. Simple enough for you ? Don't bother replying because if I read another of your inane responses my ******* head will explode.

Well that is extra incentive to respond to your posts.

The Longmire fan club on this forum are pretty fanatical. Nothing is Longmire's fault.

Have to agree WW, you’re never positive...you should become a fanboy!

I have posted plenty of positive content about this year and as much critical content. The one thing I will not do is blame Longmire for poor execution of players or their apathy. He does not get off the hook with me on a lot of things but Today he is not to blame. However I think me and you are on the same page when it comes to some of the inane rubbish that gets regurgitated here day in day out.

I have posted plenty of positive content about this year and as much critical content. The one thing I will not do is blame Longmire for poor execution of players or their apathy. He does not get off the hook with me on a lot of things but Today he is not to blame. However I think me and you are on the same page when it comes to some of the inane rubbish that gets regurgitated here day in day out.
Yes we are!

Sage comment just after I had a sook
That wasn’t a sook. I thought yours was quite a level headed analysis. I was more talking about the guys who sound like they’re about to have an aneurysm whenever we lose. Also ones who go rabid at Longmire whenever a kick goes astray. I just don’t understand why they have to be so apoplectic with rage all the time. We’re a young, average, inconsistent team. It’s unreasonable to expect champagne football this season, but it’s looking far from hopeless from where I stand.

How convenient that your theory places all the blame on the players and not the coach. Are you honestly saying you think CARLTON have a more talented list than us?
So, what were our game day issues today and what would your game day response have been?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't realise I was being asked to take over the coaching position.
You're not. You have very definite and clear views about Longmire and from your posts today you place this loss at his feet, so, what were the mistakes and what would you have done today?

There appears to be a lot of comments here which to my mind miss the mark

The reality is that like last week we had umpteen chances but our inability to hand pass four metres to kick to a player and kill the ball from inside defensive fifty and indeed in the goal square were overwhelming.

Someone did say it earlier - our kicking has always been shocking but our hands are really really bad.

The whole team needs skills training more than anything else. Time after time we butcher the ball when running through the middle of the park - just kick it straight to the defender. I wonder how it is actually possible to watch such low skills as a coach and not think to yourself - I wish these guys would just go the park and kick it each other instead of having an effing soy latte at Bondi.
How many years are we going to say this

Skills shocking

(Copied from Swans twitter)
Is this the most non-Longmire press conference?
None of the young team, etc.

Longmire: We got well beaten around the footy. #1 rule in footy is you have to win the ball. Carlton played well, they were hard and fierce.
Longmire: Our communication wasn’t great around stoppages.
Longmire: you need to kick easy goals. We mucked up opportunities going forward with skill error or decision making and didn’t get those easier goals. Everything flows on the back of that.
Longmire: Lance won’t play next week. Macca will play reserves we will see how he goes. Darcy Cameron did his quad this week which is really unfortunate.
Longmire: Michael Knoll or Joel Amartey are option, Robbie Fox has also done some rucking. We just have to get through it.
Longmire when asked about conditions: It was swirly, as windy as we have played out there on the SCG. Scoreboard accuracy makes an impact on the game obviously. That’s just another thing you have to play with though, they were playing in the same conditions.

Last edited:
We don't have an easy month going forward either

Round 18 vs Fremantle (A)
Round 19 vs Geelong (H)
Round 20 vs GWS (A)
Round 21 vs Port Adelaide (A)
Nice, will consolidate our first pick at 5 or even 4 or could we get to 3? I've watched the kids around those picks and they are really impressive. I know, this isn't the draft thread

Kennedy’s impact has dropped and he can’t carry us any more and has was made to look pretty ordinary today amongst a host of others - he might get stats but as a leader he is not getting it done compared to Parker and Rampe efforts .

Positives

It was nice sitting in the sun.
Decent crowd for 14th vs 17th.
Effort was there.
Dawson’s goal in the first.

Negatives
Poor execution where we missed with handballs or couldn’t even bounce the ball.
Longmire allowed Carlton to have the spare in their backline in the last which cost us. Kicking the ball backwards is high risk as it also cost us with a turnover and the match sealing goal.
Ruck situation is a mess.
Two weeks in a row we’ve lost without a genuine ruck. Aliir has gone a good job but Reid was well beaten by Kruezer early in the last when they won the game. However we may not have any other options.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back