Autopsy Rd 17 2019 St Kilda 8 9 57 defeated by Geelong 12 12 84

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe one of the reasons the club has only one flag- going into seasons with low expectations and being pleased with just a little bit better.
One may of only won one flag , but things can change very quickly.

You only have to look at Hawthorn , they hadn't won a flag until 1961 and just about went under in 1996 , North Melbourne never won a flag till 1975 and basically they bought that flag , Gold Coast and GWS have been given every top draft pick for the last 10 years and still havn't produced the flag they where expected to get - so as you can see things can easily turn and things can totally not work out - but if we get it right we can change this club into a power house and it could easily happen in the next couple years.Murray Rance , Gresham could become the next Gary Ablett

Battle at 20yrs of age could develop into the next Murray Rance , Gresham could become the next Gary Ablett , you just never know in this game.

We might not of won many flags but we have had some of the biggest names in football play for our mighty club as in Cazaly , Lockett , Ian Stewart , Baldock , Ross Smith , Neil Roberts , Ditterich , Harvey , Barker , Reiwoldt and as we know if it wasn't for just bad luck we should of won a lot more than one priemership.

Anyhow we now have the club building towards our next and we have a great youth base to push to finals and just with a couple more pieces to our 22 we could easily be a force to be reckoned with.

You have to keep the faith and believe we are heading in the right direction , with Leathlean and the new CEO in our corner we are in better shape than we have been a long time - this time next year you will see.

Well wasnt a win which was still frustrating but only because i got sucked in to thinking we were a chance. Thought we were going to get belted, but credit to the lads they cracked in hard yesterday, well most of them.

A lot of positives to take from the game. Very happy to see Clarke and Coff playing well. Wilkes intercept marking was sublime. Nath Brown did a job on Hawkins. Dunstan was hard as nails yesterday. Did very well. Great to see Bruce back in form too. Just a shame it has coincided with a form slump from Members.

To me it seems as though one of 2 things happen in the 2nd half of games:
A) we stop playing attacking footy and try to mimise damage on turnover resulting in us never looking like scoring a goal

B) opposition working us out and us not having a counter strategy.

By the look from the coaching box it looks like we might get an announcement this week.

Yeah, he's not as effective in the midfield generally but won't get better at it not playing there. He was good last night, his ability to scrounge the ball back when it falls loose got us out of trouble a few times.
Its his first year playing basically full time mid so there will be inconsistency but he has had some very good games already. Even Cripps, Danger, etc have games where they have not much impact. Huge upside in Gresh. I would say odds on to be a very good mid!!

GREATER Western Sydney has suffered a massive blow with star midfielder Stephen Coniglio ruled out of the rest of the clash against Richmond after suffering a left knee injury in the opening term.

Oh no

GREATER Western Sydney has suffered a massive blow with star midfielder Stephen Coniglio ruled out of the rest of the clash against Richmond after suffering a left knee injury in the opening term.

Oh no
I wouldn't worry if you're talking about buying him out. He hurt it last week and had it strapped. Just put his weight on it about 5 mins in and he couldn't walk properly. Still limped off the field though. Probably still plays finals for GWS.

Went to the game last night, really impressed with our first half, just missed some chances in that third quarter which would have kept us in it for longer. In the end, beaten by a better side, who certainly had some help from the umpires - 26-14, along with some shocking non-decisions (such as Danger pushing Coffield in the back, marking and goaling....)

By the way, Geelong supporters would have the most smug, biased and hostile towards opposition supporters I have ever experienced. Not a pleasant place to watch and barrack respectfully for your team....

Went to the game last night, really impressed with our first half, just missed some chances in that third quarter which would have kept us in it for longer. In the end, beaten by a breed side, who certainly lay had some help from the umpires - 26-14, along with some shocking non-decisions (such as Danger pushing Coffield in the back, marking and goaling....)

By the way, Geelong supporters would have the most smug, biased and hostile towards opposition supporters I have ever experienced. Not a pleasant place to watch and barrack respectfully for your team....
Just a pity the game is played over four quarters eh.. oh yes and I do agree about Geelong supporters- they have been spoilt a bit too long and are brat-like

It may have started as a joke, and maybe you and your mates might have been pisstaking all along, but there was plenty on here drinking his bathwater and believing the hype.
Believing the hype of being the greatest of all-time? Lol. C'mon mate. He has shown flashes of what he may be capable of and that's exciting. GOAT stuff is an obvious over exaggeration.

Don't think so. Posters have said for years, poor Acres always played out of position, would be our Cripps etc.

Forum darling and gets afforded excuses that no other Saints player gets.

Bog ordinary player, walked off last night smiling and laughing after that performance.

Trade please. Maybe a third. Cut losses.
It's only you and a few others who constantly go on about him though. Brandon White gets talked about more than Acres on here. If people didn't keep bringing Acres up to keep reiterating to us that in their opinion he isn't good enough, he wouldn't be discussed.

It's only you and a few others who constantly go on about him though. Brandon White gets talked about more than Acres on here. If people didn't keep bringing Acres up to keep reiterating to us that in their opinion he isn't good enough, he wouldn't be discussed.
Pretty sure more say he is the goat more than than the average player he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure more say he is the goat more than than the average player he is.
As a joke of course. I wouldn't take any notice of those who do it and are being serious.

The gift that keeps giving
Yep I a long with everyone really thought and still think he is the Greatest of all time

GO THE GOAT

I’m an unashamed fan of Acres & have been since we recruited him. As a 20-21 year old he showed a lot of potential & for whatever reason he hasn’t come on.

Acres trade value is at a low point & he’s under contract so I very much doubt he is traded. Better off retaining him & seeing if he can get better out of himself next year.

Good to see people basking in their glory that he hasn’t lived up to his 2016 hype though. Same people that probably abused Ralph Clark over the fence me thinks.

And does anyone know what GOAT stands for? Do people think that I/others think Acres is the greatest player of all time? Yup, he’s better than Lethal, Carey, Roo, etc.

Would love to see that post about someone calling you cancer or whatever Joffa, that’s an extreme accusation that requires back up IMO.

Anyhow, hopefully he proves you all wrong because he seems like a good kid with a s**t load of talent that just needs to extract the digit. I think he will & we will see a new GOAT next year.
It was posted, unless you are calling me and VDS a liar.

Who is basking in anything. I am extremely disappointed as I had high hopes for Acres, however I seen bugger all improvement over 5 years.

And the most disappointing thing is that he is bog ordinary for us but has got skill size and ability to be a good AFL player.

If he stays I hope the change of coach can tap the potential, would love for him to reach his best

But maybe he needs to move. May be best for everyone.

Raph Clarke was twice the player for us than Acres has been. He virtually saved us in the PF of 2009. Was unfairly scapegoated IMO.

It was posted, unless you are calling me and VDS a liar.

Who is basking in anything. I am extremely disappointed as I had high hopes for Acres, however I seen bugger all improvement over 5 years.

And the most disappointing thing is that he is bog ordinary for us but has got skill size and ability to be a good AFL player.

If he stays I hope the change of coach can tap the potential, would love for him to reach his best

But maybe he needs to move. May be best for everyone.

Raph Clarke was twice the player for us than Acres has been. He virtually saved us in the PF of 2009. Was unfairly scapegoated IMO.

I’ll take your word for it but I struggle to understand why people get so personal & throw such insults around over differing opinions. I want to say that this joint is going to s**t but in all honesty it’s always been the same with a few divisive posters where trouble seems to follow them around.

All I want is for our team to improve & many of us had high expectations of Acres. Apart from this year & the latter part of last year when he came back from a semi serious injury he was tracking okay. He was consistently averaging 20 touches a game & starting to influence matches more consistently.

Acres has had a poor year no doubt. Along with Sinclair & to a slightly lesser degree McKenzie he’s been the biggest disappointment of 2019. I can’t wait for this year to finish, get some closure on the coaching situation, get an injection of hope & go again next year.

Don't think so. Posters have said for years, poor Acres always played out of position, would be our Cripps etc.

Forum darling and gets afforded excuses that no other Saints player gets.

Bog ordinary player, walked off last night smiling and laughing after that performance.

Trade please. Maybe a third. Cut losses.

Agreed.

But we demand a second.

I rang him this morning and even he has changed his mind. Same with dal. I also rang Goldstein and he said the saints is nearly the last side that needs me
I rang goldie and he told me some bloke from the club rang him and told him not to come. Paid Goldie off with a year's supply of dim Sims VB and chicken and chips.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back