Autopsy Rd 17 2019 St Kilda 8 9 57 defeated by Geelong 12 12 84

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree we haven't moved past him yet but glad to have him for another 12 months.. I don't mind seeing clav develop for another year in the 2's
Keeping Brown on the list wouldnt be a bad thing. Very experienced and very good with the younger defenders.
Having him as back-up incase of injury would make us better next year than our other options.

Gresh is a small forward not a midfielder yeah he should have a rotation through there but small forward is his place.

On G3226 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think you’ll find he’s more than capable of playing midfield & he will only get better. Very good contested player & clearance game. My knock is he needs to go first option. He holds onto the footy a bit too long & tries to do too much.

Mate it was such a pisstake that after the Melbourne game, certain posters couldn't wait to get stuck into you for calling him confusing... And if I recall, referring to you as a cancer from memory.

You don't see some irony in the fact you are morally outraged at anyone that criticises anything Richo does that steps into hating rather than critiquing his performance but you don't mind going hard at Acres and Lonie etc? You seem a touch obsessed at times.

He's been disappointing this year, he's had good periods in the past, he's not getting it right now but his value is so low that he'll get nothing back. He's not our worst he's not our best. Might as well hope he comes good rather than basking in his quiet games.

So Brandon white on one leg is a better forward than McKenzie... who would’ve thought?
Its a joke that he cant get a game in our team that has been carrying several passengers each week and he has been playing well in the vfl every game. Something we cant see must be going on there but there are plenty of games he would have been an improvement on a couple in the 1sts

Don't think so. Posters have said for years, poor Acres always played out of position, would be our Cripps etc.

Forum darling and gets afforded excuses that no other Saints player gets.

Bog ordinary player, walked off last night smiling and laughing after that performance.

Trade please. Maybe a third. Cut losses.
142rhvd.gif

I've always been a big fan of Blacres......have been since I saw him walzing thru packs against the Hawks I think it was 2015 at Etihad.

Impressed me straight away.

Have always been so hopeful about him.....the glimpses here and there.... but I'm about to raise my white flag.

So so disappointing.

He definitely had potential.
Built like dangerfield,
Similar skill set to danger.
Better set shot than danger.
Nowhere near as smart, or hungry as danger unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It may have started as a joke, and maybe you and your mates might have been pisstaking all along, but there was plenty on here drinking his bathwater and believing the hype.

I'd think the weekly melts and abuse thrown at Richo for now playing him.in the middle says it was more than just an innocent pisstake.

I was a huge Acres fan earlier - was using GOAT sarcastically but did think he had the potential to be a very good player with some of his attributes. I don’t feel that way any more. He just looks like he CBF’d or isn’t paying attention most of the time.

I am intrigued about what a new coaching group can get out of all of our players and if they can salvage anything out of Blake.

Right now if we were offered even a lateish 2nd rounder I’d be very tempted.
Acres is a strange one , he should actually be coming of age as dangerous AFL player going by stats in 2018 and 2017 which showed improvement.
However this year he has gone backwards and I feel something is not right , what it is I wouldn't have a clue but a guy who has talent and has picked up these sort of stats
30 disps (14 kicks 16 hballs), 9 marks, 4 tackles and a goal in Rd 1 25-pt win over Brisbane at Marvel Stadium (24 Mar 2018)
28 disps (16 kicks 12 hballs), 7 marks, 5 tackles and 2 goals in Rd 6 39-pt win over Melbourne at Marvel Stadium (30 Apr 2016)

2019 - 16.4 possessions average
2018 - 21.5 possessions average
2017 - 20.3 possessions average

Do we need to bring in a midfield coach like Lenny Hayes , Robert Harvey or Mitchell to help his development or make the decision to cut him , it would be a shame because we have invested so much time in the guy.

Some tough decisions to be made.

In the unfortunate position of not getting a lot of return for mid career guys that have had a lot invested in them.

Acres
Sinclair
Newnes
Dunstan (gets the most out of his ability)
Mckenzie

This is the biggest problem. They also are not worth much at trade / FA. So what is the answer?

Then you add Gresham being a better forward than midfielder, Ross struggling and it makes it very difficult to compete.

Glad to see Clark coming on well.
Have the new coach set the team up to maximise everyone’s talent and skills, rather than minimise turnovers (long bombs down the line). if these players still fail, then let them go, as you say, they have no real trade values anyway..

I’m an unashamed fan of Acres & have been since we recruited him. As a 20-21 year old he showed a lot of potential & for whatever reason he hasn’t come on.

Acres trade value is at a low point & he’s under contract so I very much doubt he is traded. Better off retaining him & seeing if he can get better out of himself next year.

Good to see people basking in their glory that he hasn’t lived up to his 2016 hype though. Same people that probably abused Ralph Clark over the fence me thinks.

And does anyone know what GOAT stands for? Do people think that I/others think Acres is the greatest player of all time? Yup, he’s better than Lethal, Carey, Roo, etc.

Would love to see that post about someone calling you cancer or whatever Joffa, that’s an extreme accusation that requires back up IMO.

Anyhow, hopefully he proves you all wrong because he seems like a good kid with a s**t load of talent that just needs to extract the digit. I think he will & we will see a new GOAT next year.

You mean basking in their glory now that Richo is going?

Maybe you can apply your own standards and revisit all those abusive comments and name calling you threw at Richo last year?

Now it's all - we wish him well and it's nothing personal...

Give me a spell FFS.

Certainly look this way, not big enough to battle other inside mids, kicking is not great.. and don’t have the speed like Steven, needs to play forward and only stints in the midfield.

Despite his lack of height he’s a very powerful unit. He stands up in tackles, rarely gets caught holding the ball & has a quick 5-10 metre burst.

Last night he had 28 touches, 12 contested & 5 clearances. He was one of our best.

I think people are being too harsh on him, he’s the least of our concerns. He’s got his flaws but he’s tracking very good for a 21 year old.

Despite his lack of height he’s a very powerful unit. He stands up in tackles, rarely gets caught holding the ball & has a quick 5-10 metre burst.

Last night he had 28 touches, 12 contested & 5 clearances. He was one of our best.

I think people are being too harsh on him, he’s the least of our concerns. He’s got his flaws but he’s tracking very good for a 21 year old.

Yeah, he's not as effective in the midfield generally but won't get better at it not playing there. He was good last night, his ability to scrounge the ball back when it falls loose got us out of trouble a few times.

Sounds like Richo finally grew a pair complaining about the umpires . Something he should have done 6 years ago

yeah i absolutely hate complaining about umpires but that game in tasmania against hawthorn cost us a finals spot (2016), umpiring was appalling that day (umpire in question shutdown his twitter account after the game because he was apparently a hawks supporter or something) but also mccartin just missed a goal in the dying stages after having taken a huge pack mark

Remove this Banner Ad

Back