List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast: Francis Watson

Remove this Banner Ad

Looked good. One poor kick over Gaffs head but apart from that he was composed and did pretty well I thought.

Queries about his skills and decision making but 85% efficency and 1 clanger was pretty good.

Jetta went at 65% and 4 clangers but he looked like he ran and rebounded more.

We have found our long term Jetta replacement post retirement.

Man i really want him to succeed. I know that he's no longer young but just pure silk and has all the attributes of being a gun mid sized defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched him at training today

Can't emphasise enough how effortless he looks when he moves and how clean he is with the footy

Obviously it was only training but he was honestly a joy to watch

Posted from when he was first drafted

It took a while but he finally got his crack at the big time - ironically for someone who seemed to get injured at inopportune times when on the cusp of selection he gets his chance as a late inclusion due to an injury

Thought he acquitted himself really well and wasn’t overawed at the tempo of the game

Don’t know how they managed to get there but it was great to hear some of his family made it for the game - he seemed quite emotional about it in that post game interview

Our defence is tough to crack into but he showed today that we certainly have the cattle to develop when others retire

Don’t know how they managed to get there but it was great to hear some of his family made it for the game - he seemed quite emotional about it in that post game interview

They knew on the Saturday that Hurn wasn't playing and Watson was getting a call up, so they scrambled his family from Perth on short notice to be there

Posted from when he was first drafted

It took a while but he finally got his crack at the big time - ironically for someone who seemed to get injured at inopportune times when on the cusp of selection he gets his chance as a late inclusion due to an injury

Thought he acquitted himself really well and wasn’t overawed at the tempo of the game

Our defence is tough to crack into but he showed today that we certainly have the cattle to develop when others retire

There had be some doubt on Hurn passing a test If Watson and Williams both travelled as emergency’s..

Anyway as I said elsewhere I thought it was a solid debut by Watson ..He has a heap of talent and has been developed perfectly by WCE with his composure and decision making..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah, his composure was the thing that stood out most to me. Love seeing that in a young 'un.

Last week from the Beagles.

That kick is jetta- esk . I noticed he chose the safe option yesterday . Give it time and he and rotham will replace jetta and hurn .

It seems crazy we have jetta hurn and kennedy replacements just sitting in the wafl with 2-4 years of development into our system ready to make their own mark on our team .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back