Preview Round 21, 2019: St.Kilda v Fremantle - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 11th August, 1:10PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 37 71.2%
  • Dockers

Votes: 15 28.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going with Why ?

Seriously amazed , but have been continually surprised with selection integrity for 3 years.

Players with better form , hardened by lots of games continually overlooked because they don’t
win a time trail in January .
Pretty sure it’s because he is a one trick player. And nearly as overrated as ledger and spencer. Must be white thing.

A loss to Freo at home wouldn't help Ratten's chances of keeping the job for next year.

Even though Freo just beat Geelong we should still beat them at Marvel, the Dogs beat them comfortably there and we beat the Dogs the week prior to that.

Out: Dmac, Parker, Langlands, Brown, Long

In: Paton, Newnes, Steven/Hannebery, Webster, Acres

3 tall defenders plus Wilkie didn’t work and neither did throwing one of the three forward. We have to make a decision. I’m not sure Brown going out is the right one but Carlisle and Battle are objectively better players overall.

Sick players come back and hopefully at least one of Hanners and Stuv are fit to play.

Going with Why ?

Seriously amazed , but have been continually surprised with selection integrity for 3 years.

Players with better form , hardened by lots of games continually overlooked because they don’t
win a time trail in January .
Webster will come back in over White because Webster is a better player with more than one trick and is going to be on an AFL list next year.

I'd love for us to beat Freo so what I want to see is

Out: McKenzie, Long, Langlands, Parker
In: Webster, Steven, Acres, Hannebery

B: Wilkie, Brown, Webster
HB: Savage, Carlisle, Clark
C: Ross, Steele, Billings
HF: Hind, Bruce, Steven
F: Lonie, Battle, Membrey

Foll: Marshall, Gresham, Dunstan
Int: Acres, Coffield, Hannebery, Sinclair

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love for us to beat Freo so what I want to see is

Out: McKenzie, Long, Langlands, Parker
In: Webster, Steven, Acres, Hannebery

B: Wilkie, Brown, Webster
HB: Savage, Carlisle, Clark
C: Ross, Steele, Billings
HF: Hind, Bruce, Steven
F: Lonie, Battle, Membrey

Foll: Marshall, Gresham, Dunstan
Int: Acres, Coffield, Hannebery, Sinclair

You’ve absolutely nailed that. Love the 3 forward set up.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

In: Webster, Newnes, Hanners
Out: McKenzie, Parker, Langlands

B: Webster, Brown, Wilkie
HB: Clark, Carlisle, Savage
C: Billings, Ross, Hanners
HF: Gresham, Bruce, Newnes
F: Battle, Membrey, Lonie
R: Marshall, Dunstan, Steele

Int: Sinclair, Long, Coffield, Hind

Use Newnes in that negating hf role. Can see why Ratten praised his role in the team. Laird got off the chain.

I'd like to see Gresh 50/50 mid and forward. Think we have missed his creativity in forward line. Use him in burst in midfield. I'm not liking his blazing entries. He's shown in past he's capable of lowering eyes and hitting up targets.

I put Battle's bad performance down to combination of injury layoff and reacquainting himself with former role. After all trained all pre season in backline. If he's having no impact, rotate with Carlisle.

Webster will come back in over White because Webster is a better player with more than one trick and is going to be on an AFL list next year.
Agree if fit Webster ahead of White. Considering who we ourselves and other clubs ave used draft picks on, unless White wants to quit football if he isnt on our list he would nearly be a certainty to get picked up

Out: Parker, McKenzie, Long, Langlands
In: Newnes, Paton, Steven, Hannebery

The sick players come back. Their replacements go out. Simple there.

If Hanners isn't fit, then Langlands stays in. But roll the dice on him, we have nothing to lose right now and Langlands 11 disposals aren't contributing much, especially when you consider he had 5 in the first 10 minutes. We would have been better tonight with Hanners out there instead.

Roll the dice on Steven. He may have looked unfit in the VFL video today but I dont think I've ever watched him run in a game when he is dominating and thought he looked fit. Him at 50% fitness could provide the 4 disposals, 1 tackle of Long tonight. He will look much better playing at a better level. Plus pending the whole Geelong scenario, it could last opportunity for him to play in front of a home StKilda crowd and I want to see that happen.

One of Carlisle and Battle need to start forward and stay there. Battle had no set position for the first three quarters and just looked lost.
Surely Acres comes in ahead of Newnes for langlands...

Dmac is basically the same age as White. Considering one's trick is to kick well and the other's is to cause stupid turnovers in def I know which one trick pony I'd rather have in.

Not saying I prefer Dmac to White but the best explanation I've been able to think up is perhaps they see White in the more attacking half back role that is occupied by Clark and Savage and don't see him as suited to the lockdown roles they want Dmac/Paton to play.

A little flimsy but in that light it makes more sense as to why White doesn't seem to get a look in spite of clear vfl form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back