Goulburn Valley FL 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it a massive shock mate !! Captained mooroopna won there goal kicking many times Coached Cobram to the GF where just narrowly beaten.Coached Waaia to finals his credentials far beyond that of Scott’s and other coaches in the Gvl IMO
Well maybe because those who know him, will know that he’s spent the last 15 years saying how much he hates united! Massive step up from coaching waaia swoopin, guess time will tell I wish him all the best.

Scrappy game between Benalla and Echuca. The saints took it up to the Murray Bombers at times however Walker and Faulks’s were superb. Still feel that Echuca are carrying a few that aren’t quiet there as senior GV players. Some of their youngsters seem to be tiring a bit as well. The bye next week will do them the world of good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 rounds to go !
Who needs to do what to finish where ?
Are there any Smokey’s that can still make it
Going to be an exciting run home to earn a go at the Bombers

I believe that former Werribee coach Jon Lamont is helping with the search for a coach at Mooroopna
Geez he gets around, was down casting an eye over junior coaches near Port Arlington a couple of weeks back.

Lives in Port I think. Is also helping them find their new coach. I think Port might be hoping he’ll take the job.

Was living in NZ hence why he hasn’t been coaching. I hear his keen to get back into coaching VFL again. But who knows he might pop up somewhere.

Seymour v Shepparton
Shepparton swans v Rochester
Tatura
v Mooroopna

Plenty of top 6 interest for all these games
Rochester and Tatura have to simply keep winning and 3rd well and truly up for grabs for Seymour and Shepp on the run home . Exciting round ahead!

Yes Trent I believe so. Good on him for helping footy clubs time permitting. He is a footy person who I’m sure would appreciate being asked.
Here Here, should be more of it. I'm of the belief that by him casting an eye over a junior program down Portarlington way it may have been about providing feedback to that club. I know a mate of mine coaching at that club was extremely grateful for it.

We've tried to take a similar approach this year where I hang out ... as in who's coaching the coaches?
Far too often we hear about who (and how) our kids are coached but not a lot of junior clubs are putting genuine time into their coaches.
Hoping by having mentoring in place, giving feedback, taping huddles and pre-games etc to then sit down and discuss we hope has somewhat began to provide a better version of coach for our families.

We just gotta keep trying to hold onto the game from the bottom up, coz let's be honest there's not a great deal of guidance instruction and the like feeding back the other way right now.

Here Here, should be more of it. I'm of the belief that by him casting an eye over a junior program down Portarlington way it may have been about providing feedback to that club. I know a mate of mine coaching at that club was extremely grateful for it.

We've tried to take a similar approach this year where I hang out ... as in who's coaching the coaches?
Far too often we hear about who (and how) our kids are coached but not a lot of junior clubs are putting genuine time into their coaches.
Hoping by having mentoring in place, giving feedback, taping huddles and pre-games etc to then sit down and discuss we hope has somewhat began to provide a better version of coach for our families.

We just gotta keep trying to hold onto the game from the bottom up, coz let's be honest there's not a great deal of guidance instruction and the like feeding back the other way right now.

Great post mate. Remember when clubs started having Coaching coordinators? that lasted about 5 minutes. Its time more PD opportunities were presented to coaches. We all talk 'Game Sense' drills but rarely are junior coaches shown these or have access to them. However, some coaches don't feel comfortable doing modern drills and that hurts development. Kids standing in lines, not getting stimulated via small sided games hurts development and lacks fun. As I've said before, its a disaster that we cap out coaching accreditations. Level One is a 'crayons and finger painting' session. It then get a bit harder to get into level 2. Level 3 is open to approx 25 coaches Australia wide and terribly difficult to get into! As for level 4 everyone can forget that as its open to 12 AFL future coaches. Personally think its very poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back