Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol. We beat Richmond by 50 at home last year, they beat us by 6 at their home this year.

They have a flag, we have a flag.

The jury is very much out, a one goal victory in the wet doesn’t swing it that much. Both clubs have been immense and are shaping for big finals moments. We’ll see who is the best in a few weeks. Very premature to announce the death of the West Coast Eagles.
No one is announcing the death of the team. Don't be ridiculous. People are allowed to be bummed out after that result. We don't all have to swallow your Pollyanna BS.

As the top 4 stands today with one round to go, we haven't beaten a top 4 side this year.

Yep. All three games away from home however...
We are going for back to back. Our contemporaries (interstate sides who achieved B2B):

Brisbane 2002 v Top Four H/A: 1-3
Adelaide 1998 v Top Four H/A: 2-3

Not a big sample size granted, but we have only had three games against the fellow top 4 😛

So much wet weather footy this year...home and away...can’t do anything about it obviously but it’s s**t luck.

Flat after dropping this one. Will be a hard road to the GF now and we could slip as low as 5th if next week is not a happy result.

But hey, it’s all ahead of us..

What a crock of ........

How much intercepting was there today?

Tigers ran at us and surged the ball forward and then got behind us.

If you think Schofield would have made the difference your dreaming. And we lost a mid in Hutchings by half time.

Strange take? We lost by a goal in a game one of our key backs had a career worst output. I think playing a different key back and putting that bad one into a role they’re better at may have made a one goal difference?

Also I didn’t say Schofield would have won us the game, I said playing him going forward is a must because it frees up Gov and Barrass.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strange take? We lost by a goal in a game one of our key backs had a career worst output. I think playing a different key back and putting that bad one into a role they’re better at may have made a one goal difference?

Also I didn’t say Schofield would have won us the game, I said playing him going forward is a must because it frees up Gov and Barrass.
Barrass has had a few shockers this year. Schofield is easily our best fullback.

Richmond should have flogged us let's be honest.

This team likes to play 30 mins of footy a game and defend the rest.
Crikey really?

Schofield was already a must for anyone but the most clueless.

“I think we should play this player”
“Yeah? Well I think we should play him more

Have to take your hat off to Gunnar’s latest alt account, he truly is a bastion of oneupsmanship in a game that nobody else is playing.

Pretty pumped after that it was a great game of footy.
I think things went their way with the weather conditions, us being a rotation down early 50/50 bounces and calls going mostly their way so to lose by a goal when Barrass gifted them 3 is an ok result
Disappointed to not get the win but Richmond in Melb was the real test I was waiting for for this team and they were in it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back