Dusty 1st quarter: 10 possessions
Simpson: yeah, keep doing what your doing

Dusty 2nd quarter: 20 possessions

Dusty 3rd quarter: 30 possessions

Richmond win and Dusty is best on ground
Simpson: well dang, somehow that just didn't work out. I'm mystified

Push the biggest threat for the flag aside from us to within a kick despite.

- Being away from home
- Down a player
- Unfavourable conditions, especially against this particular opposition.
- The oppo having more liberty to throw the ball
- Some horrendous errors from McGovern (1st qtr), Barrass, Hurn & Shuey

Ropeable about missing out on top 2 but we can beat anyone.

I’d like to think it would’ve been handy to have Schofield deep late in the game. Would’ve kept his head better than Barrass in those situations. No knock on young Rotham.

Agreed, Schoey is a must now. Frees up Barrass and Gov to have more intercept capability and not so much negating duty.

Our backline seruously EmBarrassed themselves today.

They paniced so many times it was like someone had removed their brains and we had a bunch of 15 year olds out there with zero composure.

Shuey played a socker, he too had his brain removed at some point.

We must have purchased a bulk deal for lobotomy's as Simo was out coached today. The only thing Im hoping for is he is keeping a plan for Richmond until finals. Letter the Tigers play a man extra in defense in the wet was plain dumb.

Were we too tall in the wet........again?

The only positives were the 1st quarter and only losing by a goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Positives, some brilliance by our kids. We are very young up forward. Quite a resilaint effort to hold out but didnt destreve to win. We were down a runner down in the second half - in the wet and held on well.

Under pressure we dindt work hard enough, not enough run to create go forward play and we could noy hold a tackle (because they ran hard). Kennedy whas been under the pump all season without a preseason. Structually he is still our best hope at the moment.

Coaches - now is not the time to panic - put it on the players where it belongs. I wonder what people want - tell the mids to play better, Barrass and Hurn dont give the ball to the oposition? We did give the 4-5 goals from dumbness where as ours all required brilliance.

Last edited:
I have no doubt that Eddie McGuire is the sort of bloke who googles his own name, so - Eddie McGuire Eddie McGuire Eddie McGuire - good god man, stop calling football.

Could you imagine being married to him with his totally out of context volume changes?

"Yeah I'm excited about brunch, love, JUST LET ME BRUSH MY TEETH AND FIND my wallet AND THEN WE CAN GO!!!!!!!! I think I'll get the eggs benedict.

Agreed, Schoey is a must now. Frees up Barrass and Gov to have more intercept capability and not so much negating duty.

What a crock of ........

How much intercepting was there today?

Tigers ran at us and surged the ball forward and then got behind us.

If you think Schofield would have made the difference your dreaming. And we lost a mid in Hutchings by half time.

Too annoyed to list positives.

-Barrass made 3-5 dumb mistakes that directly led to Richmond goals, I seriously panicked anytime he got near it.
-Goodbye top 2
-Maybe try tagging Martin next time, Simmo? You only had 4 quarters to figure it out.
-Why don't players know that you can rush behinds?

All covered but Kennedy must at least 50/50 his contests if not win them. Gave them up too easily today and will cost in a tight finals game. The only worry as Barass will bounce back. Has been injured for a lot of the year remember?

Looking forward, just hope this effort in the last quarter hasn't cooked us for Hawthorn in 6 days. Must win for a double chance

We should be the best side in the comp. That's the point.

Lol. We beat Richmond by 50 at home last year, they beat us by 6 at their home this year.

They have a flag, we have a flag.

The jury is very much out, a one goal victory in the wet doesn’t swing it that much. Both clubs have been immense and are shaping for big finals moments. We’ll see who is the best in a few weeks. Very premature to announce the death of the West Coast Eagles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back