Contenders and Pretenders 2019 ( edited - Page 32 current discussion ) Are Richmond now the team to beat?

Are Richmond the new Premiership Favourites?

• Yes. The Dominant team and rule at Fortress G - Too good!

Votes: 128 34.6%
  • No. Geelong will roll on once more

Votes: 17 4.6%
  • West Coast to go Back to Back

Votes: 105 28.4%
  • Collingwood will regroup and Redeem themselves

Votes: 38 10.3%
  • GWS will break through for their first flag

Votes: 6 1.6%
  • Brisbane will break the hearts of many

Votes: 59 15.9%
  • Essendon will emerge

Votes: 17 4.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Who has the lowest Premiership to McLelland Trophy ratios and why? :p
Is it Collingwood?

How many have we won?

I actually don't know; wouldn't expect many others to know; Because it really isn't a thing, is it?

For supporters to say they'd rather finish top and 'win the McLelland Trophy' as opposed to playing in a Grand Final is disingenuous and a blatant lie.

Who has won the most McLelland Trophies?
Is it Collingwood?

How many have we won?

I actually don't know; wouldn't expect many others to know; Because it really isn't a thing, is it?

For supporters to say they'd rather finish top and 'win the McLelland Trophy' as opposed to playing in a Grand Final is disingenuous and a blatant lie.
Essendon with 4.

It was awarded from 1951-1990 to the best performed club across the 3 levels of Comp. Seniors, reserves and U19s.

Since 1991 it has gone to the minor premiers. 4 teams have finished top 3 times, WC, Syd, Port, Geelong.

But it's the Bombers.

Is it Collingwood?

I didn't actually work it out year by year but if Collingwood has the most McLelland's they'd surely have to have the lowest flag to McLelland ratio, having wobbled at the final hurdle more than any other. You're right though, it's not a 'thing'. I just had the thought that if I were a Pies fan, having the most McLelland's is the last thing I'd publicly beat my chest about because of the inevitable conclusion it leads to. But you guys carry on, I interrupted.

Essendon with 4.

It was awarded from 1951-1990 to the best performed club across the 3 levels of Comp. Seniors, reserves and U19s.

Since 1991 it has gone to the minor premiers. 4 teams have finished top 3 times, WC, Syd, Port, Geelong.

But it's the Bombers.
Right. Well done to the Bombers.

So Mclelland trophies between 1951 and 1990 don't count?

And it wasn't even a thing before 1951?

Hmmmm....

Did you have to look that up?

Right. Well done to the Bombers.

So Mclelland trophies between 1951 and 1990 don't count?

And it wasn't even a thing before 1951?

Hmmmm....

Did you have to look that up?
I needed to look up who had the most since 91, yes. I wasn't 100%.

I knew the trophy changed from a 3 grade award to minor premiers, I didn't need to look that up.

So with 4, Essendon have won the most McLelland's since '91. What about if we awarded the McLelland retrospectively using the current criteria since the start? Surely Collingwood would romp it in.
i'd have to look that up, but I suspect you're right.

minor.png

Indeed, the Pies.

Not necessarily. They will very likely take the lions week 1 at the gabba, which gives them a home prelim. The lions have been superb this year, but had a number of lucky wins and a draw and injury list from the gods. They are not in the same category as the tiges/eagles/ pies when the whips are cracking. They are the best 3 in it and one of them will win the flag. Eagles are as good as in the GF if they win week 1

One of these teams is not like the others.

Even when we beat Geelong, we are still classified as not good enough. It's alright, continue to disregard us, it works better for us. Entire nation thought Geelong would give us a reality check.

One of these teams is not like the others.

Even when we beat Geelong, we are still classified as not good enough. It's alright, continue to disregard us, it works better for us. Entire nation thought Geelong would give us a reality check.
Feel free to continue on your merry, winning ways (at least for this week)

Like 2017 was tainted, lol BF. Your statement is as silly if someone said, your flag last year was tainted due to your umpire ride that you have received year upon year Games involving WC have never officiated fairly......

Dumb right ? lol
It hurts because its true imagine the uproar if Eagles stayed at home for 3 months and won the flag think about it ?

Geelong most likely will finish first but have to play Richmond on their home deck.........

I cant believe the AFL has allowed it to work like this unbelievable !!

Is it Collingwood?

How many have we won?

Nobody is saying that outside you blokes, hold on, you could not even do that. That's why i laugh when i read pie posters banging on about the PF as if it actually means anything. All that matters is the flag, and that is it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It hurts because its true imagine the uproar if Eagles stayed at home for 3 months and won the flag think about it ?

Geelong most likely will finish first but have to play Richmond on their home deck.........

Jesus, lol. We have 7 at the G which is a shared ground due to hardly playing on it in the first half. The pies play more at the G this year then us but I dont hear the cry's. I did not hear the cry's when the draw came out, or when we had major injuries. It's funny, we keep winning and that is when the bleating starts. I tell you something, I would love to play half my games at the G and then no others can play on it but only when they play us or the pies and then ride the umpiring advantage you lot get and travel the other half of games.

You see, its a silly argument. You are dead set just making excuses

I can

We are made to play at the MCG when we have home finals it should be no different for any other Vic club. KP only fits around 35k and its no biggy to drive to the MCG from Geelong.

Jesus, lol. We have 7 at the G which is a shared ground due to hardly playing on it in the first half. The pies play more at the G this year then us but I dont hear the cry's. I did not hear the cry's when the draw came out, or when we had major injuries. It's funny, we keep winning and that is when the bleating starts. I tell you something, I would love to play half my games at the G and then no others can play on it but only when they play us or the pies and then ride the umpiring advantage you lot get and travel the other half of games.

You see, its a silly argument. You are dead set just making excuses
Mate its the fact Richmond dont have to travel and can stay fresh all the way to the Finals take your rose coloured glasses off.

It is a really good thing for Richmond !

Mate its the fact Richmond dont have to travel and can stay fresh all the way to the Finals take your rose coloured glasses off.

The thing you are refusing to factor in, is the first half of the year. It took till round 12 to play our second, that's right, our second game at home! I sit hear and laugh about our 7 straight at the G. The reason I laugh, due too blokes like you are crying about it, when you were dead set silent when the draw came out. It's only an issue now because we are winning.

Do you seriously think, we would not have loved to play half our games at the G in the first part of the year ? Particularly with our injuries then ? If that happened we would have been cemented in top 3 spots and not fighting for 4th now, having to win 7 straight just to be in the position we are in now.....jeepers the crying

With respect - that’s perhaps not all that surprising, and the Lions are now are heck of a lot better.

In my life I’ve been to a grand total of two Richmond v Brisbane games, and seen the only two such games in that period that we didn’t win. The draw in 07, and your win in 09. Every other time we’ve met in this period, we’ve come out winners. Now I’m reconsidering my plan to go to the footy on Sunday.

You should come to all Lions v Tigers games! :)

The thing you are refusing to factor in, is the first half of the year. It took till round 12 to play our second, that's right, our second game at home! I sit hear and laugh about our 7 straight at the G. The reason I laugh, due too blokes like you are crying about it, when you were dead set silent when the draw came out. It's only an issue now because we are winning.

Do you seriously think, we would not have loved to play half our games at the G in the first part of the year ?

But .... you did!! Get off the gear and open the other eye.

From rounds 1 - 12 you played 6 games at the MCG and 3 games at Marvel.

If the dogs make the finals, I reckon they will cause some damage, they are in ominous form, every side will be hoping to avoid them

Can't see anyone from the 8 winning against the dogs in the 1st final, whoever they play goes out in straight sets. Count your lucky stars if you can't fall past 4th.

Do you seriously think, we would not have loved to play half our games at the G in the first part of the year ? Particularly with our injuries then ? If that happened we would have been cemented in top 3 spots and not fighting for 4th now, having to win 7 straight just to be in the position we are in now.....jeepers the crying
Bahahaha I have heard it all now you have travelled only 4 times all year !

If we play Brisbane again it won't be in sweltering heat. Take that advantage away and it opens it up in the cats favour imho. Plenty of cats players had average games too. Stewart, Bews. We still have clark, cockatoo and hopefully stanley to come back in (in form).

Brisbane had to contend with the same conditions also.
Why even mention Cockatoo? He's been in rehab for 3 years. Why will he suddenly pop out and walk into the team and play a solid final?
Stanley cannot get a game as he's a spud while Bews merely had to contend with a guy who is averaging 2.5 goals per game so we can certainly pencil in Cameron to kick at least another 3 goals if we meet again.

What is an outrage is that you guys play more than half your games at your home ground! AND poor Fremantle have to play you on your home ground twice a year! So not fair!!! :fearscream: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Back