Throw Caution to the Wind

Remove this Banner Ad

I respect the other threads stating that supporters have a fear of losing another Grand Final. I have sat through 13 Collingwood Grand Finals live at the G for 2 wins, 2 draws and 9 losses.

You know what stuff it. Throw caution to the wind. We are Collingwood. We are two wins from a Premiership. Bleed Black and White and go in having no fear. This team can conquer any of the rubbish those other 5 sub standard teams throw up. A couple hundred minutes of great footy and we are Premiers. Bring it on.

Floreat Pica.

Easier said then Done

Dave,
I don’t think our boys fear anyone.

And that’s exactly the positive attitude we should have.
We can’t control what ultimately happens but being positive is entirely in our control.

Let’s all be hugely positive and optimistic.
Let’s leave the fear and negativity to the supporters of teams playing our boys.

Go Pies!!!!!!

I respect the other threads stating that supporters have a fear of losing another Grand Final. I have sat through 13 Collingwood Grand Finals live at the G for 2 wins, 2 draws and 9 losses.

You know what stuff it. Throw caution to the wind. We are Collingwood. We are two wins from a Premiership. Bleed Black and White and go in having no fear. This team can conquer any of the rubbish those other 5 sub standard teams throw up. A couple hundred minutes of great footy and we are Premiers. Bring it on.

Floreat Pica.
Whats your game plan?

Easier said then Done
Get on board Dave! Channel those positive vibes mate! I’ll leave this here.

A century ago Collingwood played the grand final and lost to south Melbourne by 5 points in 1918

Collingwood 7.15.57
South Melbourne 9.8.62

One year later they played the grand final and won by 25 points against Richmond tigers in 1919

Collingwood 11.12.78
Richmond 7.11.53

A century later Collingwood played the grand final and lost to West Coast by 5 points in 2018

West Coast 11.13.79
Collingwood 11.8.74

Go Pies!

Get on board Dave! Channel those positive vibes mate! I’ll leave this here.

A century ago Collingwood played the grand final and lost to south Melbourne by 5 points in 1918

Collingwood 7.15.57
South Melbourne 9.8.62

One year later they played the grand final and won by 25 points against Richmond tigers in 1919

Collingwood 11.12.78
Richmond 7.11.53

A century later Collingwood played the grand final and lost to West Coast by 5 points in 2018

West Coast 11.13.79
Collingwood 11.8.74

Go Pies!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We - as a supporter base - have become conditioned to losses in finals.

We need to remember 1958.

Melbourne with Smith at the helm were a juggernaut, carrying all before them and on the eve of the GF were within a breath of equaling our 4pete.

They were an immensely talented side and vastly superior to the Collingwood side who were the next best in the league.

We simply never gave them any space or time and beat them with sheer willpower.

I fear Richmond.

But I agree, stuff it. Our boys can write their own history. Who cares about other narratives?
I don't fear Richmond the team, we can beat them. I do fear the horrible feeling of being beaten by them in a grand final, darkened by memories of 1980. Bottom line though last years PF was so close to being as good a feeling as winning a grand final that I want nothing more this year than to player the tigers in the big one.

Bring it on, go pies.

I don’t fear Richmond. Never have. Never will. They are like our little insignificant cousin who lives down the road. I want to play them. We have owned them for the best part of 100 years. I could think of nothing better then to play that bunch of insipid, diving, over rated hacks from across Victoria St. I pray we get them.

We - as a supporter base - have become conditioned to losses in finals.
We need to remember 1958.
Melbourne with Smith at the helm were a juggernaut, carrying all before them and on the eve of the GF were within a breath of equaling our 4pete.
They were an immensely talented side and vastly superior to the Collingwood side who were the next best in the league.
We simply never gave them any space or time and beat them with sheer willpower.
and just a little bit of muscle power from the Weed and Hooker Harrison :)

the heartbreak of losing is too much

Being a negative Nelly means that if we lose i dont feel as bad but if we win its the greatest feeling ever, whereas if i am confident and we lose its devastating.

Plus.. so many idiot Tigers supporters in my life. When they won the flag i congratulated them, when we beat them in the prelim i didn't even prompt them and i just got the worst vitriol ever. bugger them... worst supporting group ever.

the heartbreak of losing is too much

Being a negative Nelly means that if we lose i dont feel as bad but if we win its the greatest feeling ever, whereas if i am confident and we lose its devastating.

Plus.. so many idiot Tigers supporters in my life. When they won the flag i congratulated them, when we beat them in the prelim i didn't even prompt them and i just got the worst vitriol ever. bugger them... worst supporting group ever.
No not the worst ever - those early crows supporters were imbeciles and ratbags - I went to the first two Pies games over there and left the ground wondering how they managed to breathe and walk at the same time.

True troglodytes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back