News Pyke Gone

Remove this Banner Ad

It appears that Don didn't want to wait for that.
I think he is a man of integrity, and he knew that he was a part of the problem. As much as I like him and wanted him to stay, he was definitely a part of the problem. I don’t think there was any coming back from the failed GF and following pre-season camp or the debacle that was the high performance team in 2018. He’s done some soul searching I would think and realised he needs to walk away - just like Tex stood down from the Captaincy. Both men of integrity. I’m hoping, that by Don doing this, it puts even more pressure on those that remain.

Most people will be just like me. I can admit that no matter what s**t sandwiches the club serves up, I will eat them.

Today was a win. Pyke joins a list of coaches who I thought were better than we had before but ultimately were just same s**t different day. Had us playing great footy in 2017, but lost his way. Put too much trust in players that ultimately weren’t good enough.

The footy we played this season was the least enjoyable I have ever seen. Missed chances to put games into young players too. Happy to see the end of Pyke.

I don’t expect anymore good news, but I’m hopeful. Agree that the worst rot has not been cleared yet, but it’s a good day.

Exactly, the issues wont be solved by Pyke going.

If the club is smart it will cut all the rot out now (next few months) and the new team can have clean air.

If Burton, Campo etc remain the issues will linger and the new guy will be doomed to fail.

And if campo and burton go it will help

But wont change the fact our list is crap

Foxfooty.com.au has spoken to multiple sources in the hours since Pyke resigned. Not one referred to the 50-year-old as a bad bloke or an ordinary character. On the contrary, every single person said the ex-West Coast assistant is a reasonable, highly intelligent man. He had not lost the playing group, and he remained aligned — perhaps too much so — with Burton and senior assistant Scott Camporeale.

FFS

If that last part is true then he definitely had to go, and is no surprise he identified himself as part of the problem

If Burton, Campo etc remain the issues will linger and the new guy will be doomed to fail.
I was thinking same as I was driving along Marion Road, listening on ABC radio.
Pyke's fallen on his sword = "It was HIS fault. Everyone else is OK, good Club, good Club".
Hart/Burton/Campo will be lining up to tell the new Coach what's what and how they want it to be.

Pyke's statement was all Pyke, wasn't it? Flat, restrained, emotionless.
I wish we'd known what he was capable of with his own assistants. We'll never know and it might have been his greatest failing ie not hiring his own people.

NEXT Coach --- please let it be someone with passion, someone who says after a loss:
"I hate losing. I want the players to hate losing." instead of "We'll have a look at that and back our [senior] players in to respond" or "We weren't playing our way" :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Please, please, hire someone who understands that playing good footy is joyous and winning is fun.

Out of all the dominos that need to fall, Pyke comes in about 5-6 down the list.

There better be more cuts. Burton, Hart and Campo are the minimum.

Wouldn’t mind betting he’s walked because the club is backing in Burton and he simply won’t work with that *wad anymore.

I’m 100% never going to another Crows anything until Burton is gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chapman knows when to do things.

This is likely to fall into an "in other news today..." category now, with Willie Rioli about to be announced as testing positive to a banned substance.

NEXT Coach --- please let it be someone with passion, someone who says after a loss:
"I hate losing. I want the players to hate losing." instead of "We'll have a look at that and back our [senior] players in to respond" or "We weren't playing our way" :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Please, please, hire someone who understands that playing good footy is joyous and winning is fun.

With our list he better get used to losing

So time line on new coach? training starts in 6 weeks? not to mention more list management (Trade period) so you would have to think by the end of GF week/week after we would have found our guy.
DMAC would be spewing... he would have thought with Pyke there he was going to get another year....

I don't ever remember a time where the coach leaving the club due to his poor results comes off better then the club itself.

That's unheard of right?

Dean Bailey

The Willie Rioli news will now overshadow the Pyke announcement

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Why can't we hold onto coaches?

Sanderson now Pyke? But our assistants all stay the same
Interesting isn't it.
Craig, Sando and Pyke, all boned.
Campo was senior assistant in all 3 of those administrations, lives to end another coach's career.

Out of all the dominos that need to fall, Pyke comes in about 5-6 down the list.

There better be more cuts. Burton, Hart and Campo are the minimum.

Wouldn’t mind betting he’s walked because the club is backing in Burton and he simply won’t work with that fu**wad anymore.

I’m 100% never going to another Crows anything until Burton is gone.

I just put 5AA, Rowe said the rest of the footy department will definitely need to be pushed, no one there will fall on their sword like Pyke. Also Pyke was connected at the hip with Campo and that Campo has another year on his contract.

Burton, Campo and Hart need to go.

Interesting read, this bloke has had good info in the past.
Nothing ground breaking. Definitely peeved if the Burton/Roo part is true..

Interesting to know we may be talking to Rutten/Longmuir.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back