Strategy Finals gone, what do you want to see?

Remove this Banner Ad

George Kramer

Premium Platinum
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Would take a miracle for us to make the finals, wins over a Port and Brisbane are a must. Given it’s highly unlikely what do you want to see with the remaining season?

For me its try to win with our future and not give games to Nicks perceived “best 22” players. That means:

Murphy out. Sloane rested, sub games and a farewell match. McHenry sub games. Sholl no more. Sorry Crouch, despite playing ok you’re not getting another year.

See more Nankervis and Cook.

Try Borlase and Newchurch, I can’t understand having them on the list for so long to not at least try them before making a decision to extend them or not.

Give ROB a rest, give Strachan a couple of games.

Positional changes. Try Jones in the middle. Milera in the middle/wing. Nankervis on the wing.

Would take a miracle for us to make the finals, wins over a Port and Brisbane are a must. Given it’s highly unlikely what do you want to see with the remaining season?

For me its try to win with our future and not give games to Nicks perceived “best 22” players. That means:

Murphy out. Sloane rested, sub games and a farewell match. McHenry sub games. Sholl no more. Sorry Crouch, despite playing ok you’re not getting another year.

Try Borlase and Newchurch, I can’t understand having them on the list for so long to not at least try them before making a decision to extend them or not.

Positional changes. Try Jones in the middle. Milera in the middle/wing. Nankervis on the wing.
Full game(s) of TT rucking.

Newchurch in for a run with a KPI of all out attack.

Tex win a Coleman, or at least an AA jacket.

Jones play a 70% mid game or 2.

Schoenberg, Nank, Soli, Cook play the year out.

Full game(s) of TT rucking.

Newchurch in for a run with a KPI of all out attack.

Tex win a Coleman, or at least an AA jacket.

Jones play a 70% mid game or 2.

Schoenberg, Nank, Soli, Cook play the year out.
Ah yes forgot Schoenberg to see year out, Soli I believe will be a given.

Would love to see that for Tex.

Plus forgot one, beat bloody Port and as a result see them face Brisbane at the Gabba first final.

Sloane to be told this week will be his last game. He's now as bad as Thommo and VB were at the end of their careers.

Dowling to get a sighter game. The West Coast game would be ideal.

Our first round to be used on the best available mid in the draft. We'll likely only win 1-2 more games so pick 6 again looks likely.

Try to poach a decent upcoming mid from another club. Happy to use our 2024 first if that's what it takes.

Draft a young ruck.

And now with Murray gone, we're going to have to trade for another KPD. Esava probably the best fit.

I actually like the idea of giving RT the 1st ruck responsibilities, ROB out, that gives Gollant an opportunity the last 5 games.
I like the idea of the positional changes as suggested, jones on ball, more of the kids a run thru the middle eg Peds, Rachelle, Soligo, Berry.
And try Borlace, Newchurch and Dowling, give them a taste to see what they have got. Of course, none of this will happen.

6512D3E6E72C300916CC1ADC131DA00A55A96796

Would like to see Thilthorpe lead the Ruck.

More midfield time to the younger guys. Including Hately. Heavy CBAs for Sog, Schoenberg, Hately, Rachele Pedlar.

Newchurch some games.

Try Borlase.

Keep Nank in the side.

Get Tex the Coleman. He deserves it.

Not play both of Laird/Crouch in same team.

Farewell game for Sloane against GC.

Do all that and win a 4 or 5 games, the season ended ok.

Do all that and only win one more game. The season ended ok.

Continue safe selections believing the old guys will get the win, bad end to the season. Regardless of w/l.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What would I want to see.

Showdown -
In: Soligo, Borlase, Berry
Out: Murray, Rankine, Murphy

Gold Coast -
In: Laird, Keane, Stachan
Out: Keays (rested), Butts, ROB (rested)

From those games determine the squad for Brisbane\

After the Brisbane game
Dowling and Gollant should get games.

I think Gollant should on that list. I wouldn't bother with Hately.

Newchurch is cooked.

If he was a genuine AFL talent in the position we need him he would be genuinely carving opposition sides up every week. He just isn't. He shows glimpses but doesn't do enough. We have Rachele coming back too and I'd rather Rachele play in his position while we find room for Gollant, Berry, Dowling, Keane and keep the players needing games in the side.

Rest sore players.

Book players in for surgery that need it.

Try to win the showdown (because showdown), beyond that it’s pre season 2024. Experiment, find out more about the squad.

Don’t do the Adelaide thing and grind players into the ground chasing dead rubber wins. Does more harm than good and nobody remembers the pointless wins the next year.

I think it's really important to use the remaining matches to build momentum and continuity for 2024. Parnell and Ned in for Muz and Rankine. Hately remains the sub. Only need to look to change the sub come round 1 2024.

Agree with most of this.

We need to pick a team we think can beat Port this week.

However, for the rest of the year we need to pick teams with a view to 2024.

We must give players we are unsure of keeping on list a decent opportunity.

We need to trial key defenders to replace Muzz. If Butts still struggling with injury, then after this week try 2 of 3 of Borlase, Keane & Berg for remaining games.

We need to give fringe young talent the majority of remaining games. Eg. Nankervis, Schoenberg & Cook need to play out the remainder of the season.

We should try Strachan for consecutive games. We should try Thilthorpe & Himmelberg ruck option too.

Pedlar in the centre more, if that means he has to spend longer on the bench because of fitness so be it, just want him to spend 80% of his game time on field in the middle for a few weeks
Give him the week off after showdown 1st as needs a break.

Blood every youngster on the list, put Sloane into retirement, get Murphy out and lose so we can get a higher draft pick. Win the showdown lose the rest.Maybe put Fog on ice he doesn't seem right

Remove this Banner Ad

Back