2nds Which SANFL club do you support?

Which SANFL club do you most identify with?

• Central District

• Glenelg

• North Adelaide

• Norwood

• Port Adelaide

• South Adelaide

• Sturt

• West Adelaide

• Woodville-West Torrens

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rotayjay

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
In the rumours thread we're discussing Norwood's possible AFL bid, and how many Crows supporters would switch if the Redlegs entered the AFL.

Which SANFL club are you most aligned with? This could be the club you supported before the Adelaide Footy Club was founded, the club you still follow closely or, if you don't remember following the SANFL before 1991, pick the club you most identify with due to family history etc.

I'm a Sturt supporter, and the same goes for both my parents' families, my wife and both of my wife's parents' families. I'm aware this board isn't exactly representative of Crows supporters, but it will be interesting to know nonetheless.

I didn't include the Crows reserves because that's not the spirit of the thread - this is about the SANFL traditions we come from. I included Woodville and West Torrens as one because, whilst they were separate prior to the AFC's birth, they still exist today as one. Port supporters don't be shy - we welcome your defection from the dark side.

I’m a Sturt supporter.

I wonder if Norwood would look at a mooted Norwood and Sturt combined application. Wouldn’t put anyone off, and would broaden the base to attract more potential fans.

In the rumours thread we're discussing Norwood's possible AFL bid, and how many Crows supporters would switch if the Redlegs entered the AFL.

Which SANFL club are you most aligned with? This could be the club you supported before the Adelaide Footy Club was founded, the club you still follow closely or, if you don't remember following the SANFL before 1991, pick the club you most identify with due to family history etc.

I'm a Sturt supporter, and the same goes for both my parents' families, my wife and both of my wife's parents' families. I'm aware this board isn't exactly representative of Crows supporters, but it will be interesting to know nonetheless.

I grew up in the 80s and 90s in Port Adelaide. All I can say is, what a time to be alive. Especially when the Crows started. I am one of the rare supporters at the time who didn't switch back to Port Adelaide when they came in and stayed with the Crows but I did go for them at the same time until Williams ruined that for me and he created the huge divide between the two clubs.

I didn't include the Crows reserves because that's not the spirit of the thread - this is about the SANFL traditions we come from. I included Woodville and West Torrens as one because, whilst they were separate prior to the AFC's birth, they still exist today as one. Port supporters don't be shy - we welcome your defection from the dark side.

Hey! I don't come from any SANFL traditions and the Adelaide SANFL team is who I would pick!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m a Sturt supporter.

I wonder if Norwood would look at a mooted Norwood and Sturt combined application. Wouldn’t put anyone off, and would broaden the base to attract more potential fans.
They already have pretty much the same club song.

Both lots of supporters probably buy their RM Williams boots from the same shop.

A third SA team doesn't make financial sense. The two current teams arent exactly world beaters as it is.

The rivalry between Adelaide and Norwood would be non existent. And likely dilute the crows fan base.

WA3, Canberra or Sunshine coast would all make more sense than a third SA team.
If you think the AFL gives a single **** about the well-being of the Adelaide Football Club then you clearly haven’t been paying attention for the past 30 years.

Tigers supporter..

but nowadays if its the SANFL Crows Vs The Bays…

I’m supporting the crows for the win..

if the Bays are playing any other SANFL team then I’m barracking for them…

growing up in the 80’s and going to SANFL games, especially down the Bay or to Footy Park, every weekend was awesome.

my best mate back then had a smoking hot step sister… we would’ve been around 10 years old and she was just barely 18.. she was going out with one of the Glenelg players (it’s so long ago I can’t even remember his name) but he used to get me an my mate into the change rooms after every game to hang out with and meet all the players..

had a duffle coat with Ross Gibbs and his number written on the back of it.. and all the player badges you’d buy at the merch van pinned to it. Had the Glenelg Tiger‘s Casette tape which had the tigers club song and various other 80’s tracks like Survivor’s “eye of the tiger” etc..

parents used to drop us off at the ground and we’d sit with the cheer squad…

80’s we’re a great time to be a kid growing up!

WWTFC (West Torrens prior to the merge and from the day I was born) and a continuous member since 1978.

My Grandma was a WT supporter and she convinced my Grandfather (who was a Redleg fan) to change when they met back in the 30’s. My mother grew up as a WT supporter obviously and when she met my father (who was a Port fan), she convinced him to switch to WT back when they met in the 50’s.

If the Crows disappeared from the AFL I would go back to the Hawks, who I followed in the VFL.

Back