Movie DC Extended Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

True.. The Ape trilogy was solid to good.

I hope it’s not another Rian situation. Who had only made a decent sci fi in Looper and then was given the keys to write and direct TLJ. We all know how that turned out

* In saying that I have more faith in WB to pick the right people than Disney

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Excellently?

No :p

Waaaay to many villains. Should focus on one, maybe a second one in the background. I feel like a grounded Riddler could be a great villain.

If the film focuses on Arkham Asylum we could perhaps only see cameo's of some of the aforementioned villains. Not all that bad think it's pretty neat.

Nicholas Hoult could make a good Riddler

Reckon he'll surprise plenty.

Bigger question is who the villain will be and who will play him. Batman seems to be more defined by his villain than other superheroes.

It’s a rogues gallery approach to his villains, I believe it will be an Arkham based setting with Penguin the primary villain. Riddler also set to feature.

And likely some cameos from others. I wouldn’t be too concerned that it’s too many, as we don’t know how/what level they’ll be used in.

Remember, technically speaking Batman Begins featured 4 villains, all used in various ways. Al Ghul, Falcone, Crane, Zsasz, and ended with a Joker foreshadowing. Don’t worry too much about it, as it’s way too soon to know how they fit into the picture.

im more worried about the script and matt reeves. While I thought the last 2 apes movies where good im not sure he has something truly great in him considering he is still following in Nolans footsteps but still think it will be pretty good.

Yes fair enough. The second Apes movie is my pick of the bunch, was brilliant. Really got me in the feels sometimes too.

From what my mail is telling me, I like how this is shaping up. It’s not an origin tale, but picks up early-ish in Bruce’s career.

It’s dark, naturally and I recently read he may be at the stage where Robin is in play (whether that’s Grayson or Todd, I have no idea).

This intrigued me as I’m still not 100% convinced this is in the DCEU setting. As if it was, does it perhaps show Robin’s death? (Something they’ve been teasing since the early BvS trailers but ridiculously have never shown).

Although I doubt that. There’s a growing feeling it’s outside of the DCEU and not linked to Affleck’s version.

It’s a rogues gallery approach to his villains, I believe it will be an Arkham based setting with Penguin the primary villain. Riddler also set to feature.

And likely some cameos from others. I wouldn’t be too concerned that it’s too many, as we don’t know how/what level they’ll be used in.

Remember, technically speaking Batman Begins featured 4 villains, all used in various ways. Al Ghul, Falcone, Crane, Zsasz, and ended with a Joker foreshadowing. Don’t worry too much about it, as it’s way too soon to know how they fit into the picture.

Yes fair enough. The second Apes movie is my pick of the bunch, was brilliant. Really got me in the feels sometimes too.

From what my mail is telling me, I like how this is shaping up. It’s not an origin tale, but picks up early-ish in Bruce’s career.

It’s dark, naturally and I recently read he may be at the stage where Robin is in play (whether that’s Grayson or Todd, I have no idea).

This intrigued me as I’m still not 100% convinced this is in the DCEU setting. As if it was, does it perhaps show Robin’s death? (Something they’ve been teasing since the early BvS trailers but ridiculously have never shown).

Although I doubt that. There’s a growing feeling it’s outside of the DCEU and not linked to Affleck’s version.

I got nothing to dislike so far. I like what im hearing. I was just saying if there were any doubts about the movie that was it but everything sounds really good so far. Hope they deliver.

Casual fans knew little of the four villains in Batman Begins. Only Al-Ghul and Scarecrow count as real Rogue's Gallery villains. I wouldn't want to see too many big name villains in one movie as there is the potential to give some short shrift, though if they are in the background of an Arkham storyline, that's not too bad.

Casual fans knew little of the four villains in Batman Begins. Only Al-Ghul and Scarecrow count as real Rogue's Gallery villains. I wouldn't want to see too many big name villains in one movie as there is the potential to give some short shrift, though if they are in the background of an Arkham storyline, that's not too bad.

The very concept of an Arkham based story is predicted on multiple villains. This is a non issue for me, this will be fine.

Pattinson confirmed. DC has done better since it scaled back the shared universe so it might turn out ok.

I suppose it’s meant to be the same Batman as was in BvS in his younger years. It’s weird - can’t really see Pattinson as a hulking violent figure. Affleck’s build was right.

It’ll be interesting.

Pattinson confirmed. DC has done better since it scaled back the shared universe so it might turn out ok.

I suppose it’s meant to be the same Batman as was in BvS in his younger years. It’s weird - can’t really see Pattinson as a hulking violent figure. Affleck’s build was right.

It’ll be interesting.

Will have absolutely nothing to do with BvS and that universe. Just like the Joker movie it is a side project.

Will have absolutely nothing to do with BvS and that universe. Just like the Joker movie it is a side project.
It was certainly going to but looking at the recent films it may well be they ignore the dceu links.

Interestingly there are reports it’ll be set in the 90s, which means it’s set a decade after the Joker film. Very much doubt they’ll do it because Phoenix wanted a one off but they could make him this version’s joker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was certainly going to but looking at the recent films it may well be they ignore the dceu links.

Interestingly there are reports it’ll be set in the 90s, which means it’s set a decade after the Joker film. Very much doubt they’ll do it because Phoenix wanted a one off but they could make him this version’s joker.
I think that's exactly what they've planned.

I’ve been saying that for a little while now. Have been hearing in the last month or two Phoenix has blown WB away with his performance and with Affleck out, this provides an opening to get him into a future film vs Bruce.

If so, that’s a completely separate universe to the DCEU.

I’ve been saying that for a little while now. Have been hearing in the last month or two Phoenix has blown WB away with his performance and with Affleck out, this provides an opening to get him into a future film vs Bruce.

If so, that’s a completely separate universe to the DCEU.

If Phoenix wants to do it. He passed on Dr Strange do to the multiple movie commitment. Though his commitment would not be as large here.

The joker movie looks very grounded like Nolans were you dont see a Superman existing so the question is will Reeves movie be the same?

If Phoenix wants to do it. He passed on Dr Strange do to the multiple movie commitment. Though his commitment would not be as large here.

The joker movie looks very grounded like Nolans were you dont see a Superman existing so the question is will Reeves movie be the same?
Basically given Leto the Brendon Bolton then.

Marvel usually wants 5 or so films in a deal. I can see them getting one extra film (or even an extended cameo) out of Phoenix if they want to go down that road.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back