Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if a future first would be the way to go (instead of 2 firsts this year). Gives us a good chance to get a key forward in to replace Joe down the track. Although (if he doesn't leave until next year) we would have 2 anyway I guess if there is a Compo pick.

Edit: was just thinking the AFL timing to get rid of Compo picks would be about right to screw us out of getting one for Joe anyway.
key forward ?

another million days of no finals ?
Depends on how good and ready pick 1 and 19 are. No point in just making finals and getting flogged. We need to start building a team sustainable of prolonged success. Topping up hasn't necessary worked, so maybe going to the draft and getting star young talent in mixed with the experience we already have; might.

Is it just me or is there not as many guys “nominating” clubs this year. Is it happening but not being made public knowledge?

Has Ed Langdon nominated a club yet?

It's the only way he moves. He doesn't move for anything less than 900k IMO

It's what many have thought to be the missing piece. By getting him we would be in the frame for the next 2-3 years and even beyond that

If he checks out fine in a medical and we lose Joe than I don't see the issue with not giving him big coin. He's Adelaide's best mid right now and he's hitting his prime
moves .. huh .. .. adelaids best .. lol .. missing piece ... frame for 2/3 years .. medical.. like joes medical ?
Would have to be 700k +
why

Depends on how good and ready pick 1 and 19 are. No point in just making finals and getting flogged. We need to start building a team sustainable of prolonged success. Topping up hasn't necessary worked, so maybe going to the draft and getting star young talent in mixed with the experience we already have; might.
we dont have 1/19 !.. hurley /hooker/belly have all the time in the world .. HOW DO YOU THINK THE SWANS SOLD THEMSELVES TO JOEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you supporters are !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get TOUGH

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But do we want 5 & 9 with time to spend them or 5 & 9 at the death knell so we are forced to take them to the draft?

We want 5 & 9 as the fish we want to reject. Not good enough. JD you get to stay because the swans didn't want you enough.

Any updates on us poaching Chris Johnsons kid? Seems to have gone quite from the furore earlier in the year?

Xavier Menzies daily update please, whenever you’re ready.

I'll go but take this for what it is

3 way deal being considered at the moment. GWS the only ones unsure
--------- --------------- --------------- --------------- -----------
GWS IN: Pick 5 + (No Bid on Green at Pick 6)
GWS OUT: Pick 6 + Future 2nd

Sydney IN: Joe Daniher
Sydney OUT: Pick 5 + 25

Essendon IN: Pick 6, Pick 25 and GWS Future 2nd
Essendon OUT: Joe Daniher
--------------- --------------- --------------- --------------- --------------

GWS think they'll finish Top 4 next year at best it's Pick 32 and believed that could be pushed back by GC compo (Again) and so many academy buy ups. They're also unsure if a bid will come inside the top 4 if the picks stay the same. If not at worse they pay pick 7 price and also don't believe Freo bother bidding (GWS very keen on these Country Victorian kids). Young and Serong ect

I'll go but take this for what it is

3 way deal being considered at the moment. GWS the only ones unsure

GWS IN: Pick 5 + (No Bid on Green at Pick 6)
GWS OUT: Pick 6 + Future 2nd

Sydney IN: Joe Daniher
Sydney OUT: Pick 5 + 25

Essendon IN: Pick 6, Pick 25 and GWS Future 2nd
Essendon OUT: Joe Daniher
--------------- --------------- --------------- --------------- --------------

GWS think they'll finish Top 4 next year at best it's Pick 32 and believed that could be pushed back by GC compo (Again) and so many academy buy ups. They're also unsure if a bid will come inside the top 4 if the picks stay the same. If not at worse they pay pick 7 price and also don't believe Freo bother bidding
A first and two seconds? Pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back