Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is always two ways to go into trade week and that’s to identify players and get them into your club or to improve your draft position with the players leaving.

This is a draft with little quality talls and with Daniher leaving we need to address that and if we can’t get any quality established forwards or young up and comers we need to bite the bullet and take someone like Josh Jenkins, he obviously isn’t of Joes caliber but he more often than not takes a good defender and doesn’t look to be slowing down yet either.

With the money we will have with Daniher leaving we should be going hard for another inside mid and Brad Crouch makes a lot of sense and with the picks we would get for Joe we should easily be able to not only pay him good money but also adequately compensate the crows with a trade.

It’s unpopular but if we can’t get a topline inside mid I’m looking at getting Sam Powell-Pepper with one of our 2nd rounders as he goes into our best 22 straight away and plays a brand of football which I believe works in finals footy, can shank some kicks but hey we aren’t paying up a first rounder for him.

If we are interested in Cutler I’d pair him with Corey Lyons and send lions a future 3rd rounder. Lyons is as consistent as they come as an inside mid and he is a fairly decent option forward aswell and is exactly the type of midfield depth we need.

Ask me on the draft when our picks are finalised as I have too many names I could look at haha I have certain favourites like every year and Brodie Kemp and Deven Robertson are two I really like as top 10 picks one with huge upside and another that I believe is a future captain and Selwood type of mid.
would you go Robertson and Kemp (if there) at 5 and 9, and build an engine room?

2021 side that could give a premiership a shake
Saad BZT Francis
Redman Hurley Heppell
Merrett Shiel McKenna
Fantasia ??? Tippa
Langford Stringer ???
Draper Parish Kemp
McGrath Smith Robertson ???
E: Brand McQuillan Cutler Lyons - really don't see much quality in our depth that i'd take into finals.

Still have gaps

There is always two ways to go into trade week and that’s to identify players and get them into your club or to improve your draft position with the players leaving.

This is a draft with little quality talls and with Daniher leaving we need to address that and if we can’t get any quality established forwards or young up and comers we need to bite the bullet and take someone like Josh Jenkins, he obviously isn’t of Joes caliber but he more often than not takes a good defender and doesn’t look to be slowing down yet either.

With the money we will have with Daniher leaving we should be going hard for another inside mid and Brad Crouch makes a lot of sense and with the picks we would get for Joe we should easily be able to not only pay him good money but also adequately compensate the crows with a trade.

It’s unpopular but if we can’t get a topline inside mid I’m looking at getting Sam Powell-Pepper with one of our 2nd rounders as he goes into our best 22 straight away and plays a brand of football which I believe works in finals footy, can shank some kicks but hey we aren’t paying up a first rounder for him.

If we are interested in Cutler I’d pair him with Corey Lyons and send lions a future 3rd rounder. Lyons is as consistent as they come as an inside mid and he is a fairly decent option forward aswell and is exactly the type of midfield depth we need.

Ask me on the draft when our picks are finalised as I have too many names I could look at haha I have certain favourites like every year and Brodie Kemp and Deven Robertson are two I really like as top 10 picks one with huge upside and another that I believe is a future captain and Selwood type of mid.

I've said alot of what's in here outside of the kids

But the only way we get B.Crouch and Jenkins is by addressing Daniher early. That's starting to happen now.

For any club inside the top 12 we need an inside mid more than any of them. B.Crouch and his manager shopping himself around without a coach produces a real opportunity that comes with some risk but I believe calculated. Our midfield lacks on the inside grunt but also the ability to hit the scoreboard Brad Crouch does both. He's entering his prime and his body seemed to cope really well and a nice medical I don't see why we wouldn't give him 900k over 3 years

Play a more dynamic smaller forward line with some nice mediums in there. Get Jenkins apart of the package for very little and Hookers time is now as a fwd

Brad allows Stringer to kick 45-50 goals playing predominantly full fwd

People trying to pry info from me via DM lol, I'm in a tight lipped spot.
If daniher goes in the next couple of days it won't be 5+9

Port won't deal with us any more.
Port won't deal with us anymore? Because it's our fault Raz picked us and not them?
Tough luck Port and tough luck Raz.

People trying to pry info from me via DM lol, I'm in a tight lipped spot.
If daniher goes in the next couple of days it won't be 5+9

Port won't deal with us any more.

If it’s not 5&9 you tell dodo to tell them to GAGF.

would you go Robertson and Kemp (if there) at 5 and 9, and build an engine room?

2021 side that could give a premiership a shake
Saad BZT Francis
Redman Hurley Heppell
Merrett Shiel McKenna
Fantasia ??? Tippa
Langford Stringer ???
Draper Parish Kemp
McGrath Smith Robertson ???
E: Brand McQuillan Cutler Lyons - really don't see much quality in our depth that i'd take into finals.

Still have gaps
Brand won’t be ready for 3-4 years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans should hurry up and trade papaley and just get this s**t over with.

I want to start speculating what we are doing with 5 & 9 already.

We all know it would lead to a meltdown won’t it like a steinberg instead of Parker or an Alex Morgan or Ridley over witherden (correct me if I’m wrong)?

Top dollar 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back