Resource 2019 Draft Watch (we have picks 6 24 25 39 46)

Who will we take with our first pick (#6) in the 2019 draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to have a good read on these draftees. How would rank Caldwell, Bonar and Hately ?

I do like the romanticism of getting a highly rated SA youngster.
Caldwell, Bonar Hately at the time of their individual drafting but now probably Caldwell, Hately Bonar given Bonar has not had the impact I thought he would after 2 seasons.

Caldwell, Bonar Hately at the time of their individual drafting but now probably Caldwell, Hately Bonar given Bonar has not had the impact I thought he would after 2 seasons.
Apart from injuries are there other reasons why he hasn't come on? Is he worth persisting wth? Why do GWS seem so keen on getting rid of him?

I'm interested in Bonar, but his whole situation isn't passing the sniff test at the moment.

Apart from injuries are there other reasons why he hasn't come on? Is he worth persisting wth? Why do GWS seem so keen on getting rid of him?

I'm interested in Bonar, but his whole situation isn't passing the sniff test at the moment.
He was part of a tight knit group of kids that went to scchool together way back in their junior days, played junior footy and sports together, played together at the Dandenong Stingrays so maybe that's impacted him mentally being away from that? I remember speaking to some of the Dandenong Stingray players parents one day at Mars Stadium when the Rebels were playing them the first time I'd seen Aiden play [he was super impressive]. When I asked them who was this powerfully built kid with the dreadlocks etc that was playing unbelievably well for someone I'd hardly heard of I got almost his full life story including the knee reco that didn't take and having to have it re-grafted etc as well as the fact Hunter Clark [Saints] and Luke Davies-Unakie [Roos] were all great mates and almost inseparable even away from footy.

I remember coming home and getting straight on Big Footy to tell Jeffcrowe and Danger in Texas I'd seen a pretty special player at Mars that day where he played some midfield, some half forward and some half back all with good effect. I reckon he'll want back to Melbourne almost for sure but if he was prepared to shift to Adelaide I'd certainly still be interested.

Pretty bloody outstanding 20m sprint by Port Pirie/North Adelaide U18 midfielder Harrison Magor, very good time by Glenelg's Magarey Medalist Luke Partington looking to re-start his AFL career and a nice time by Adelaide development player Jy Farrar.

Magor already the winner of the SANFL U18's McCallum-Tompkins medal and the U18's M.V.P. Award along with some impressive form at the U18's Championships might be a smokey later in the draft.

Pretty bloody outstanding 20m sprint by Port Pirie/North Adelaide U18 midfielder Harrison Magor, very good time by Glenelg's Magarey Medalist Luke Partington looking to re-start his AFL career and a nice time by Adelaide development player Jy Farrar.

Magor already the winner of the SANFL U18's McCallum-Tompkins medal and the U18's M.V.P. Award along with some impressive form at the U18's Championships might be a smokey later in the draft.

Do you think Partington worth a shot?

Do you think Partington worth a shot?
I think he'll get another crack at AFL almost for sure as a ready to play midfielder that can find the footy and with a bit of toe. Not a particularly damaging type but yeah he'd certainly be worth a shot.

Is it just me but wouldn't it be smart of Gold Coast to bid on Green at 2 and take Anderson once GWS match, why should they let GWS nail two top 5 picks? Gold Coast need to be more aggressive as a club. As the 2 new franchises GWS walks all over Gold Coast every time.

Is it just me but wouldn't it be smart of Gold Coast to bid on Green at 2 and take Anderson once GWS match, why should they let GWS nail two top 5 picks? Gold Coast need to be more aggressive as a club. As the 2 new franchises GWS walks all over Gold Coast every time.
Because Gws won't match so GC will be stuck with green and GWS take Ando.

I understand your thinking
However GCS are in pole position to take the best 2 in the draft
You don’t mess with that
What happens just after those picks is not of their concern

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hutchesson recorded a 2.90 20m sprint and a 7.87 in the agility test showing his good evasiveness, Hayden young was the best at the national combine with a 7.84. During the season apart from his actual footballing, I liked his aggression and willingness to stick up for his team mates. I'm pretty keen to rookie list him, I think he shows some AFL level qualities.

The two Lochowiak brothers dominated the vertical jump tests, Mihail showed pretty good forward ability at reserves level during the season kicking 9.1 in a match against the bloods (43 goals from 18 games).

Hutchesson recorded a 2.90 20m sprint and a 7.87 in the agility test showing his good evasiveness, Hayden young was the best at the national combine with a 7.84. During the season apart from his actual footballing, I liked his aggression and willingness to stick up for his team mates. I'm pretty keen to rookie list him, I think he shows some AFL level qualities.

The two Lochowiak brothers dominated the vertical jump tests, Mihail showed pretty good forward ability at reserves level during the season kicking 9.1 in a match against the bloods (43 goals from 18 games).

I think Hutchesson will be gone before the rookie draft, he's easily the best of our development players on what I've seen and looks better suited to the AFL than Matthews who some seem to think is a chance to get drafted. Latchford another I'd rookie list before Matthews personally.

Matthews definitely has some speed and line breaking but I agree small chance of being drafted, another small forward option wouldn't go astray. One thing is for sure though, Younies targeting and recruiting of our development players helped us immensely this season.

According to Geelong's draft board they Rate Flanders as 2nd on their talent board

Other teams may Rate Greene 2nd

I feel the only clear cut pick is Rowell at pick 1

The best friend thing is being over valued a bit like last year when the twin brother was under valued

I told you that few days ago.
They will try to get our 4 or melbournes 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back