Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking forward to whichever overpaid suit at AFL HQ is responsible for all this s**t to decide that not enough trades have taken place to keep the sponsors happy and add a few days of extra time.
Personally I think the AFL should pull a draft pick number out of a hat at the start of trade period, this number remains unknown until the end of trade period. Whoever has that pick at the end of trade period has a right to invoke overtime trivia trade on the opposition player of their choice. If they can answer 20 correct trivia questions about that player in 2 minutes then they acquire that player. If they fail they lose their first round draft pick.

Chatted to my mate who is a die hard lion. He's pretty gutted to be losing him. That made me feel good about it
i think they're most invested in Clug and Mitch in that role (which is fair enough)
For a cheap pick up, he fills a need we're unlikely to get from the draft.

we need balance. Cutler & Wills would bring that.

I'm looking forward to whichever overpaid suit at AFL HQ is responsible for all this s**t to decide that not enough trades have taken place to keep the sponsors happy and add a few days of extra time.
Id happily support trade time being from the monday after the GF to the friday prior to the draft.

There is no way the journos could sustain this over that period of time.
And "trade week" would just go away. There really is no point to limit it to a set period.
Season is done - trade away until the draft

I'd even be happy if they trade up until list lodgement date

Bonar on a fair bit of coin? I'd suggest we'd only get him if we lose Daniher.

I'm thinking we end up with him... but I am worried about that $. If we have 5&9, end up getting Bonar then draft 2 midfielders (not flankers pls) that's our offseason then. Culter.. not sure much about him honestly

Obviously you'd want a forward but we won't get one.

Is Phillips the best ruck available who we could’ve targeted? Pittonet? Jacobs? Cameron? Frampton?
Think Frampton would have been the way to go. Would have suited playing along side TBC or Draper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Montagna suggesting Dees could swoop the Papley deal with Pick 8.
That would be both awesome and hilarious.

I'm not sure what we do with our picks if all this happens. Surely it's too late to facilitate on-trades...

Didn’t GWS pick Bonar with the pick we gave them for Devon Smith?

In; Devon Smith, Aiden Bonar, Irving Mosquito (pick 38 which we received from GWS for Smith) Jake Stringer (pick 24 received from GWS for Smith)
Out; Pick 11, Pick 31 (assuming for Bonar), Future third (cbf figuring out what it was) and pick 30 (which we traded for stringer)

Am I doing this right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back