Resource 2019 Draft Watch (we have picks 6 24 25 39 46)

Who will we take with our first pick (#6) in the 2019 draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a new fantasy trade and I think it's the way to go for when GWS are inevitably on the clock at pick 3.

IGNORE WHO IS PICKED - Hear me out...

1. GC - Rowell
2. GC - Anderson
3. GWS - Green (GWS on the clock)

--------------------------------------------
So the cost will be 2234 * 80% = 1787.
Pick 6 is worth 1751, and their other picks are worth 733.
So lets say they trade out pick 6 they need 1054 extra points without going into deficit next year.

To move their pick into next year in a fairly similar range, and pay their debt they can do this.

ADL: Future First + 37 + 45 + 49 (thats 1117 points giving them 1850).
GWS: Future First + 6 + 80

Essentially:
8* + 37 + 45 + 49 = 2668
for
18* + 6 + 80 = 2736
--------------------------------------------

4. MELB - Young
5. ADL - Flanders
6. SYD - Serong
7. ADL - Kemp
23. ADL - Bergman
28. ADL - Pickett

I have posted nearly the exact same scenario in the past few days. GWS either:

1) Get a deal done with Melbourne beforehand for a pick swap (which i think is unlikely as Melb should go to the draft with 3 & 8)
2) Try and trade their Pick 6 out of the Draft and trade enough back end picks this year to cover a bid for Green. Crows are well placed to facilitate this.
3) Deal with the Crows if Melb don't bid for Green at Pick 3.

1) Get a deal done with Melbourne beforehand for a pick swap (which i think is unlikely as Melb should go to the draft with 3 & 8)
2) Try and trade their Pick 6 out of the Draft and trade enough back end picks this year to cover a bid for Green. Crows are well placed to facilitate this.

That trade they did with St Kilda makes less and less sense the longer it goes.

Difference is that Taheny may still be on the board at our pick 37 (maybe), Toumpas went top 4 from memory. A lot less risk taking a guy at the back end of the 2nd round than with your first very high pick

I think Taheny is too talented and front SA to not take if he’s available at 28.

OK Heres my rankings .... FAITH , Mutineer , Jeffcrowe and Danger in Texas

I normally only worry about our first selection only ....after #14 in any Draft it's a chook raffle

So this listing is not a Phantom Draft ....it's simply a list of how i rate players and an indication of where I think they should go ..... I posted now, as more info is coming out & I didn't want to be accused of cloning others thoughts

The Crows selections are who I'd like to take .....Day, I think will be littlee chance of being avail at #23

Kemp has the biggest upside and our greatest midfield need .....IMO Kemp was nowhere near fit enough this season, which impacted his performance at the Nationals ....but not his talent

But my #1 choice at #4 would be in order .... Green / Young / Kemp / Sarong

De Koning
has a huge upside ....very mobile for a 200cm player ...reads the play well & is a strong mark ....obviously skinny as ....but the ingredients are there

Pickett at #37 is my Charlie Cameron pick .......if it went to plan, we'd have a tall mid, a wing / hb ....tall KPD ...and speed in Pickett

View attachment 776170

probably the best rankings ive seen so far.

thats why youre the best in the business haha

no where near joel selwood only rowell comes close to selwood.

on taheny, i was a huge fan of his early in the year but i wouldnt use a pick inside 35 on him i dont think.

Also Shoenberg is extremely underrated. I see a lot of Neale/Schuey in him

OK Heres my rankings .... FAITH , Mutineer , Jeffcrowe and Danger in Texas

I normally only worry about our first selection only ....after #14 in any Draft it's a chook raffle

So this listing is not a Phantom Draft ....it's simply a list of how i rate players and an indication of where I think they should go ..... I posted now, as more info is coming out & I didn't want to be accused of cloning others thoughts

The Crows selections are who I'd like to take .....Day, I think will be littlee chance of being avail at #23

Kemp has the biggest upside and our greatest midfield need .....IMO Kemp was nowhere near fit enough this season, which impacted his performance at the Nationals ....but not his talent

But my #1 choice at #4 would be in order .... Green / Young / Kemp / Sarong

De Koning
has a huge upside ....very mobile for a 200cm player ...reads the play well & is a strong mark ....obviously skinny as ....but the ingredients are there

Pickett at #37 is my Charlie Cameron pick .......if it went to plan, we'd have a tall mid, a wing / hb ....tall KPD ...and speed in Pickett

View attachment 776170
Interesting, I like that you have Taylor that high, he’s a talented bugger that doesn’t get enough praise IMO. Tall for his position, marks well overhead, great skills and athleticism, what’s not to like

Bergman at 11 is a good call too, think there’s a lot of upside with him. A medium forward now, but will absolutely move into the midfield in time. Different types of players, but dare I say this year’s Venables?

The main things I’m probably not with you on are having Flanders, Ash and Gould so low, although I can understand the rationale behind people not rating Gould (skinfolds, lack of great athleticism etc)

Difference is that Taheny may still be on the board at our pick 37 (maybe), Toumpas went top 4 from memory. A lot less risk taking a guy at the back end of the 2nd round than with your first very high pick

I can't see him lasting that long, despite some flaws in his make up he is way, way too talented for a club not to take a chance on him fairly early.

Away from the football field I've read plenty of articles that defy his poor body language on field at times, sounds like a first class young bloke of very high character, shown great leadership qualities at his school Rostrevor College with a very caring nature for fellow students and make no mistake AFL clubs will rate thar aspect highly. I think he likely goes in the back end of the 1st round - mid 2nd.

I can't see him lasting that long, despite some flaws in his make up he is way, way too talented for a club not to take a chance on him fairly early.

Away from the football field I've read plenty of articles that defy his poor body language on field at times, sounds like a first class young bloke of very high character, shown great leadership qualities at his school Rostrevor College with a very caring nature for fellow students and make no mistake AFL clubs will rate thar aspect highly. I think he likely goes in the back end of the 1st round - mid 2nd.

i think youre way off mate.

dont think you know enough about him tbh, i worry about his attitude.

He reminds me so much of troy menzel, i dont see him going inside 35.

Players we should target with pick 4:

Inside midfielders with elite disposal. Inside/outside midfielders with line breaking speed. Key position forwards.

Players we shouldn't target:

Any type of defender. Half backs, especially with limited proven inside/midfield ability. Pure outside midfielders. Small or medium forwards unless absolutely elite multiple goal kickers. Rucks. Players with significant injuries.

Wait hold up - didn’t you say only a couple of weeks ago that Taheny was a better prospect than Lukosius? Unless you REALLY don’t rate Luko you’re contradicting yourself

Wait hold up - didn’t you say only a couple of weeks ago that Taheny was a better prospect than Lukosius? Unless you REALLY don’t rate Luko you’re contradicting yourself

that was start of the year, on talent absolutely rate him higher than luko and stephens, the same way i rate troy menzel extremely high.

i rate norwood people, and they tell me his attitude isnt afl standard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet he's still the best performed medium forward in this draft, quicker than most players that play that role, extremely good overhead mark, deadly accurate kick, hits the scoreboard in bunches when on song, sound decision maker and a healthy dose of X Factor. What does he lack in a football sense except consistency of effort? Plays like a smaller Jake Stringer with the same inconsistency of effort at times. For all his flaws I'd still love the on field footballer Jake Stringer at the Crows. Players capable of breaking a game wide open are hard to find.

Time will be the best judge.

Yet he's still the best performed medium forward in this draft, quicker than most players that play that role, extremely good overhead mark, deadly accurate kick, hits the scoreboard in bunches when on song, sound decision maker and a healthy dose of X Factor. What does he lack in a football sense except consistency of effort? Plays like a smaller Jake Stringer with the same inconsistency of effort at times. For all his flaws I'd still love the on field footballer Jake Stringer at the Crows. Players capable of breaking a game wide open are hard to find.

his attitude and commitment isnt afl standard.
as we know you can be the most talented bloke going around like troy menzel was but it means nothing if you dont have the rest.

i still think someone will take a chance on him between 35-45.

He reminds me of Luke Reynolds. Plays more like an undersized KPF, which at 185cm is going to hurt him at AFL level.

October the 26th to be accurate in reply to dogs105 I believe.

i still rate taheny the better prospect.
thanks for bringing this one up again :)

He reminds me of Luke Reynolds. Plays more like an undersized KPF, which at 185cm is going to hurt him at AFL level.
I disagree, very high footy I.Q. and a shedload of footy smarts....the only thing lacking in his footballing kitbag is consistency of effort which given what I've gleaned from articles and interviews is not his off field persona at all so I would expect in a full time elite AFL program that will be ironed out easily. Off field is nothing like the widely discussed Troy Menzel introverted character.

Yeah and I think they’d prefer the crows first to Melbourne’s next year.

It’s all a bit scripted too. Us making an effort to trade in low end picks. Them trading up to a pick that they’ll never use. Our backend points adding up to their debt. Our future first having value.

Also I don’t think there’s a team that can make a better offer without selling the farm.

Has a slight ACL tear.

Yeah and I think they’d prefer the crows first to Melbourne’s next year.

It’s all a bit scripted too. Us making an effort to trade in low end picks. Them trading up to a pick that they’ll never use. Our backend points adding up to their debt. Our future first having value.

Also I don’t think there’s a team that can make a better offer without selling the farm.

I agree. I can’t think of any other club that has much to offer GWS in the way of a future pick AND later picks this year. All the clubs loaded up with later picks with considerable point value this year need them for their own academy players.

Has a slight ACL tear.
Strange? How come he's not doing the medical today with the others the recruiters have lined up?
I had heard that his problem at the Championship was not the knee he had heavily strapped but his groin but this is the first I've heard of an ACL tear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back