Resource 2019 Draft Watch (we have picks 6 24 25 39 46)

Who will we take with our first pick (#6) in the 2019 draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
no where near joel selwood only rowell comes close to selwood.

on taheny, i was a huge fan of his early in the year but i wouldnt use a pick inside 35 on him i dont think.

Also Shoenberg is extremely underrated. I see a lot of Neale/Schuey in him
I agree ....impressive workhorse ....what's his DE like?

Interesting, I like that you have Taylor that high, he’s a talented bugger that doesn’t get enough praise IMO. Tall for his position, marks well overhead, great skills and athleticism, what’s not to like

Bergman at 11 is a good call too, think there’s a lot of upside with him. A medium forward now, but will absolutely move into the midfield in time. Different types of players, but dare I say this year’s Venables?

The main things I’m probably not with you on are having Flanders, Ash and Gould so low, although I can understand the rationale behind people not rating Gould (skinfolds, lack of great athleticism etc)
Flanders ....late comer, was rated in the teens a few months ago ....Hamish dosn't get impressd with such a small window of form

Ash ....his #1 wood is his pace ...not much other than that, yes a good kick & good HBF .....seemed to run into trouble a lot on his runs ....he got away with it at U18 level, but not at AFL level

Still #10 is still a good player .....who would he replace in the first 6 players (forgetting Green, Rowell and Anderson)

Anderson I have a gut feel, doesn't have that much Development in him

Strange? How come he's not doing the medical today with the others the recruiters have lined up?
I had heard that his problem at the Championship was not the knee he had heavily strapped but his groin but this is the first I've heard of an ACL tear?

I wont mention who told me on this forum but happy to PM you if you like.

It is without question that this person would know.

I wont mention who told me on this forum but happy to PM you if you like.

It is without question that this person would know.
Recent or before the Nationals is all I'm interested in knowing as it may explain his ordinary form and pretty average body language by his normal standards during the the Nationals and later in the season?

Recent or before the Nationals is all I'm interested in knowing as it may explain his ordinary form and pretty average body language by his normal standards during the the Nationals and later in the season?

I couldnt answer that with 100% accuracy.

Conversation went along......me - any of the Rostrevor boys look like getting drafted.
Person X - definitely Cameron but he's got a slight ACL tear.

Nothing further said , so sorry cant shed any more light.

Based on what youve said maybe he had the injury around Nationals time but possibly was confirmed/diagnosed after........just my take on what you have observed.

I agree. I can’t think of any other club that has much to offer GWS in the way of a future pick AND later picks this year. All the clubs loaded up with later picks with considerable point value this year need them for their own academy players.

GWS will want someone who can trade back end picks this year that reflect something around their 1st round pick next year which should be around the 15-20 mark

I have Saints and Carlton improving next year, if some of their results went the right way last year they would have been much further up the ladder.

My bottom 6, in no particular order. So let's see what Picks they have to offer GWS.
(Any pick of 70 is essentially worthless in points, and 1st Rds won't be used)

GC - 20 - Should go to the draft, not enough back end picks but theoretically could do ANYTHING with the amount of picks they have.
Melb - Nope
Adelaide - 23, 28, 37, 45, 49 - Well placed for a deal
Freo - 22, 58, 69 - Need back end picks for Liam Henry
Sydney - 25, 32, 44 - Lacking back end picks but doable
North - 26, 27, 47, 50 - Lacking back end picks but doable

surely port wouldnt allow us to come in and take him.
what picks do they have?
12, 18 and 29, the last of which I'm guessing they'll use for Mead. They'd have to take him with 18, which seems high for a 170cm player IMO, as talented as he is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12, 18 and 29, the last of which I'm guessing they'll use for Mead. They'd have to take him with 18, which seems high for a 170cm player IMO, as talented as he is
its a tough one now with live trading, if he's there lets say at 27, then port could trade 29 and something else to get him before us.

Would want to have filled up on the best midfielders available at our first 3 picks before I'm taking a small other than Liam Henry.

Would want to have filled up on the best midfielders available at our first 3 picks before I'm taking a small other than Liam Henry.
Yeah I'd be taking mids with two of our first three picks at least, not sure about our 3rd, I wouldn't mind getting a tall like De Koning, Jones or Worrell (if he slides) as well

its a tough one now with live trading, if he's there lets say at 27, then port could trade 29 and something else to get him before us.
True, this whole live trading thing is why I think phantom drafts are now pretty much pointless, you never know what team's going to have which picks

True, this whole live trading thing is why I think phantom drafts are now pretty much pointless, you never know what team's going to have which picks
gut feeling is one of the big clubs like a geelong or wc who can afford to reach for him will do so before port or crows would be willing to take him.
unless he has go home factor issues, then my tip is port wont let him get away somehow.

Yeah I'd be taking mids with two of our first three picks at least, not sure about our 3rd, I wouldn't mind getting a tall like De Koning, Jones or Worrell (if he slides) as well
Worrell and De Koning I'm completely fine with but Jones doesn't overly enthuse me personally. I'd much prefer Mitch Georgiades at our 3rd pick and he's probably still there whereas I doubt Jones will be with the hype that seems to be around him.

Personally believe 3 mids is a bit overkill for the first/early second rounds of the same draft, even in our circumstances.

Worrell and De Koning I'm completely fine with but Jones doesn't overly enthuse me personally. I'd much prefer Mitch Georgiades at our 3rd pick and he's probably still there whereas I doubt Jones will be with the hype that seems to be around him.
Georgiades is one I can't comment too much on as I've seen barely anything of him this year, although last year he really impressed me with his athletic ability in the forward line. Jones could be gone by our 3rd pick or still there at our 4th or 5th pick I think, his draft range is pretty large. With his skillset it wouldn't surprise me to see him go early

Personally believe 3 mids is a bit overkill for the first/early second rounds of the same draft, even in our circumstances.
I didn't specifically mean we had to take 3 mids, it's just with picks 4, 23 and 28 you would expect the "better" mids with the most potential will fall in that range especially when our next pick is 37.

gut feeling is one of the big clubs like a geelong or wc who can afford to reach for him will do so before port or crows would be willing to take him.
unless he has go home factor issues, then my tip is port wont let him get away somehow.
shame if they do in a way as it would be great just for the LOL's in coming years to hear the commentators calling play where Borlase kicks to Pickett or Pickett to Borlase in Showdowns against the peaarr...we had to put up with them having both Cornes lads running around for them so payback would be great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back