No Oppo Supporters The Sun Lounge (Suns posters only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Look at this picture, the social media manager has absolutely no clue. They are just opening us up for attacks from everyone on "no fans". Could of just posted a picture with some fans or at least a busy section

Look at this picture, the social media manager has absolutely no clue. They are just opening us up for attacks from everyone on "no fans". Could of just posted a picture with some fans or at least a busy section

Stuff what anyone thinks - they’re gonna hate on us anyway.

I’m proud of my club whether we have 100 or 100,000 fans

Looks pretty good to me. Those trolls will troll no matter what. Go Suns!

Last edited:

This is the reality like or not. No success 9 years, 18 losses in a row and 3 wins the last year has something to do with it. Do you want the club to pretend that the current situation is different? The last game against GWS I was there with only officially 7K (looked to me more like 5K) mostly Suns fans. When Carlton, Essendon played at Metricon 2/3 of fans supported the opposition basically creating home ground advantage for them. The only way it will change if Suns start winning.

Last edited:

You can't cover it up, blame on social media manager mean people prefer to be on internet these day.

Last edited:

Maybe this was the best they could post early on. Was trying to remind fans it was on and get them down to support the players.
Would have been nice to have a follow up when more people arrived.

Ballard out for a bit confirms Luko starting at HBF for me. Likely Witts & Thompson may miss the first week or two as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Saw the team lists for Suns used for intra club matches. Some interesting match ups going on. Some points;
> More players are sitting out than we thought
> Weller on the ball
> Anderson on the wing, Rowell on ball
> Luko in backline
> Graham subbing in for Rory
> Ben King is killing them
> Macpherson & Miller currently in top 22

Names, please.

Day, Ellis, Fiorini, Wright, Harbrow, Hanley to name a few on top of the already announced injury list. Also Thompson is not engaged in game play yet, Corbett not playing yet either. Interestingly Flanders & Rosas seem to be vying for the same spot.

Just to be clear, not throwing out negative vibes, the 22 still looked strong despite the ‘out’ list.

Day, Ellis, Fiorini, Wright, Harbrow, Hanley to name a few on top of the already announced injury list. Also Thompson is not engaged in game play yet, Corbett not playing yet either. Interestingly Flanders & Rosas seem to be vying for the same spot.

Just to be clear, not throwing out negative vibes, the 22 still looked strong despite the ‘out’ list.

All those guys are coming of injuries so no big surprise they sat out the full contact match sim

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like most things with our Club right now. The members aren't being told much, unless it's to do with the AFLW launching into their 1st game, which is fair enough. I would like to think they're giving priority to the AFLW and once that's done, after their 1st game, we might, might, be fed some info. But I'd also like to know how our membership numbers are travelling. Nothing on the website about it.

Last edited:
What’s happened to the supposed signings/re-signings that was supposed to happen at the season launch

We were only guessing that they would be announced then but as Choppers said, probably wanted to give the AFLW girls their own space. I’ve spoken to my contact since then - they are 100% locked loaded. He didn’t know the timing of the announcements exactly, but put it this way, the information is being used when pitching to corporates re: Sponsorships

We were only guessing that they would be announced then but as Choppers said, probably wanted to give the AFLW girls their own space. I’ve spoken to my contact since then - they are 100% locked loaded. He didn’t know the timing of the announcements exactly, but put it this way, the information is being used when pitching to corporates re: Sponsorships

Any news on Flanders? He is one I’d like to see us re-sign early.

Like most things with our Club right now. The members aren't being told much, unless it's to do with the AFLW launching into their 1st game, which is fair enough. I would like to think they're giving priority to the AFLW and once that's done, after their 1st game, we might, might, be fed some info. But I'd also like to know how our membership numbers are travelling. Nothing on the website about it.

Even aflw content isn’t over the top.. you look at all the other clubs and every day pumping out content whether it be just pictures on Instagram or website stuff.. hard to get excited when the silence is deafening

As long as the corporates are kept in the loop that’s all that matters I guess

Lucky we have eppo to keep us excited

Even aflw content isn’t over the top.. you look at all the other clubs and every day pumping out content whether it be just pictures on Instagram or website stuff.. hard to get excited when the silence is deafening
A bit unfair I would say. Suns website has 4 AFLW posts the last 24 hours, another 3 one day ago including 3 interviews.

I quickly checked Lions site -it looks like only 2 posts within the last 2 day related to AFLW team.

Last edited:
A bit unfair I would say. Suns website has 4 AFLW posts the last 24 hours, another 3 one day ago including 3 interviews.

I quickly checked Lions site -it looks like only 2 posts within the last 2 day related to AFLW team.

Very lacking compared to other teams just saying.. since we’re always compared to the giants check out how much they put out per day!
Remember we are not an established team still trying to attract people and social media engagement in the modern day society is huge

As long as the corporates are kept in the loop that’s all that matters I guess
Maybe they're waiting to announce the re-signings at the same time as a new sponsorship, to give that sponsor more bang for their bucks. If that's the hold-up, I'm ok with it.

as briztoon mentioned in the other thread, the Lions lost their media mgr in Dec. and he/she hasn't been replaced.

And no problem here, with the amt of posts for the AFLW, but the last vid I can find regarding our AFL players was posted on the 23rd Jan, except for a NEAFL practice match fixture list and a couple of interviews with Swallow and Miller, from 7 days ago

Last edited:
Any news on Flanders? He is one I’d like to see us re-sign early.

No, I haven’t heard anything yet. I did hear is leaving with Ainsworth though, fellow Gippsland boy, so hopefully that helps given that he resigned.

No, I haven’t heard anything yet. I did hear is leaving with Ainsworth though, fellow Gippsland boy, so hopefully that helps given that he resigned.

I really hope he's living with Ainsworth..........and not "leaving with him"........;);););)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back