A-Leagues & Football Australia General Chat and News Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly? I have no idea what to think. It's is something that hasn't been done before but Sagey wouldn't sell if he didn't feel like it was the right way to go. It also helps that he is the chairman of the LFE and will continue to be the club chairman as well.

Having one of our clubs relying on the growth of cryptocurrency? I don't see any problems here at all :rolleyes:

Maybe this will go onto be a history making deal that grows the club exponentially, but it's such a tiny probability for such a massive reward. I can see the FFA - or more likely Sage - buying this back for cents on the dollar within 2 years.

Good deal for him though I guess. Sell a club you own to company that you chair, watch it fall in a heap and then sell it back to yourself again.

Having one of our clubs relying on the growth of cryptocurrency? I don't see any problems here at all :rolleyes:

Maybe this will go onto be a history making deal that grows the club exponentially, but it's such a tiny probability for such a massive reward. I can see the FFA - or more likely Sage - buying this back for cents on the dollar within 2 years.

Good deal for him though I guess. Sell a club you own to company that you chair, watch it fall in a heap and then sell it back to yourself again.

Also he effectively keeps control in the meantime and loses (mostly) someone else's money

"Sage said his role as chairman with LFE will mean he will be in control of the Glory and any others clubs the group acquires internationally."

Please. “Tokenised ecosystem” and “Utility for the token,” two sales phrases that have only ever filled me with confidence.

wtf does that even mean? how can you trust someone who wears airPods, sunnys and $1000 wool coat filming in a back of a limo?

R.I.P Perth Glory!!

From Sagey:

A message from Glory Chairman and Owner, Tony Sage:

"Dear Perth Glory Members, Sponsors and Fans,

I'm writing this from from Zurich where it's only 2 degrees...

I cannot believe the rhetoric that has been caused by me advising the players and staff only about a potential deal.
These are the facts below:

1st..
No deal has been executed by PGFC with the London Football Exchange.

2nd
I only told the staff and players because I did not want them to stress as I was boarding a flight that night and because once lawyers and experts get involved, things may have leaked out. The players are heading to Tokyo and would have read social media about their club being sold.
I stressed at the meeting with the staff and players that I am going to London to talk about their offer and how it all works.

3rd
Nothing changes on a day to day basis. l stay on as Chairman and in control of the club for the next 3 years. All the staff will also be staying.

4th
Any new concept that people don't get, we are all sceptical about, myself included, hence my trip to London for 3 days to check them out.
Remember Mark Zuckerberg was also laughed at and ridiculed when Facebook started. The whole blockchain crypto world was supposed to be dead 6 years ago, but it thrives. I don't get it myself, but it does seem to work.
LFE 's concept is brilliant but will it work?
I don't know and that's why I am spending 3 days with their team in London with independent experts.
If, after this due diligence process, the final deal in London is not good for PGFC, of course PGFC won't sign up.
If PGFC do sign up NOTHING changes at Perth Glory other than with extra funding, we will be able to compete with the bigger clubs in Australia and Asia.

Finally, don't believe fake news.
Your club has not been sold and I have not even sent anything to the FFA for approval.
Once I am comfortable I will.
FFA are aware of my discussions, however.
You will be the first to know on this platform.
Huge good luck to Poppa and the boys in Tokyo.
I hope you're all watching at 6pm on FOX 505 on Tuesday.

Nice of the FFA to drag Wellington into this, where away fans need to book international flights, hotels and match tickets, and now have to cancel those.
Could not have picked a worse game to reschedule. Logistical nightmare, and 3 games in 8 days, two of which are now Perth away and Sydney away back-to-back.

Thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice of the FFA to drag Wellington into this, where away fans need to book international flights, hotels and match tickets, and now have to cancel those.
Could not have picked a worse game to reschedule. Logistical nightmare, and 3 games in 8 days, two of which are now Perth away and Sydney away back-to-back.

Thoughts?

1st think I said to the better half when reading this was a few people are going to be requesting refunds and damages (not all airfares and accomodation are refundable) from this.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Did lol.

vz6u6xw9c0i41.jpg

Sebastian Pasqualli, can anyone tell why isn't he he getting a game for Western United? From getting a chance to play for Ajax and not feature for United... Is he injured or just haven't taken the next step?

The LFE plot thickens. Genuinely amazing content coming out today.
Jim Aylward or whatever his real name is seems even dodgier than we thought.

Its kinda funny that the BBL and ALeague have on the face of it suffered from a too long a season
A League is a professional league not a side show, needs to be a full length so we can create careers and have players commit to the league. Hopefully changes to salary cap, relegation, management of the league etc which are expected to occur take place sooner rather than later.
League in transitional phase atm and it shows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back