A-League A-Leagues Men and Women 2023/24 Off Season Thread

A-League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to ruffle some feathers, and it's really disappointing that it's happened but the behaviour in that away bay by Victory fans the last few games has been nothing short of horrendous so I understand why they've done it.

You only have to look at the first example - where the players are running over to JOIN IN - effectively condoning their fan’s behaviour. Further to that, it took a player being assaulted before the club realised they have a major problem with their fans.

I fully understand, and support, AVM banning Victory supporters. I hope other venues follow suit.

Too late, all the bad scenes have already made the news again for nothing.
So many morons everywhere... the stadium, the "fans", the APL, the media...

City have been handed the easiest ACL group of any Australian team I can remember. Shouldn’t just escape the group, they should do it easily.

Melbourne Victory have signed Japanese forward, Kurea Okino, for the 2023-2024 season.

She actually played for the senior women's team of my daughter's junior team, Boroondara-Casey. Was banging them in at NPLW level; 31 goals so far this season.

Story goes that Okino sent a video of her play in Japan to clubs in Australia to try to get signed to an NPLW team and then make the jump to the A-League Women's competition. Boroondara-Casey signed her on the basis of her video.

Someone can spot a young talent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hibs couldn't get Arnold, so they went for the next best option

As mentioned earlier, Melbourne Victory signed Kurea Okino for their A-League Women's team from Boroondara Eagles. She's just won the NPLW 2023 Players Player award for her season.

Perth Glory have announced the signing of Philippines international Jessika Cowart. Cowart played in each of the Philippines three games at the World Cup, and previously played for the Huskies at US college level as well as in Turkey and Sweden. She links up again with Allen Stajcic, who was the coach of the Philippines for World Cup qualification and in the World Cup.

Chilean international forward Maria Jose Rojas will play for Canberra United this season, five years after her last game for Canberra. Rojas has also played for Adelaide United, Sydney FC and Melbourne City in the A-League Women's. Rojas, at 35, is an experienced veteran, having previously played in Germany, the USA, Japan, Lithuania and the Czech Republic. Rojas represented Chile in the World Cup.

The Western Sydney Wanderers have signed US defender Vicky Bruce from Bristol City for the forthcoming season. Bruce was part of the team at Bristol City that won promotion to the English top flight for women's football.

Newcastle Jets have signed Gema Simon for the 2023-2024 A-League Women's season, which will be Simon's 14th season in the competition, having had a fairly unsuccessful stint with Melbourne Victory last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back