Four Corners - Predators at St Kevin’s

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to know. I just find it funny that you are constantly pointing out black/brown crime but not even involved in threads like this where the crimes are more heinous than a kerfuffle.

I think you are confusing brown/black crime with crime that seems to be acceptable to many with in certain cultures, they may be black white or brindle, its also the gang side of it which to me makes it even worse, FWIU pedo's usually tend to operate alone, you have to have trust in to many people to operate in a gang, unless it is sort of culturally acceptable.

I think you are confusing brown/black crime with crime that seems to be acceptable to many with in certain cultures, they may be black white or brindle, its also the gang side of it which to me makes it even worse, FWIU pedo's usually tend to operate alone, you have to have trust in to many people to operate in a gang, unless it is sort of culturally acceptable.
Like in the Catholic Church.

Like in the Catholic Church.

Sorry to disappoint you as i know you hate the Church with a passion, but i actually don't know of anyone ( personally) sexually molested at a Catholic school, not to say it hasn't happened or perhaps i am not aware of, but i would know of probably thousands of people and have not heard of any cases within Boys, Girls and mixed Catholic schools that i am familiar with.

What i do know is that pedos are drawn to those type of workplaces, so i am generally but not overly suspicious of those people, i know coaching junior footy i was very particular about not being alone with any boy in the change room or even driving them home alone because accusations pretty clearly can wreck your life.

As a boy going to an all boys school i came across some really marvelous priests and some who i thought were real dickheads who may be capable of abuse and struck me as weird, but i reckon you can get that at any workplace and also in many social settings, also you never know what people are really capable of, so you instill that in your children to be on guard.

Sorry to disappoint you as i know you hate the Church with a passion, but i actually don't know of anyone ( personally) sexually molested at a Catholic school, not to say it hasn't happened or perhaps i am not aware of, but i would know of probably thousands of people and have not heard of any cases within Boys, Girls and mixed Catholic schools that i am familiar with.

What i do know is that pedos are drawn to those type of workplaces, so i am generally but not overly suspicious of those people, i know coaching junior footy i was very particular about not being alone with any boy in the change room or even driving them home alone because accusations pretty clearly can wreck your life.

As a boy going to an all boys school i came across some really marvelous priests and some who i thought were real dickheads who may be capable of abuse and struck me as weird, but i reckon you can get that at any workplace and also in many social settings, also you never know what people are really capable of, so you instill that in your children to be on guard.
Yeah most work places have a crew of old virgins in charge of kids.

You omitted the ABC. Important to follow the Dirty Diggers script and take every opportunity to diminish the great ABC so the tax dodging creep can enlarge his rotten media outfit.

"Great ABC". Oh the humour. Beloved by the idiot left, says it all.

How much tax do they pay?

You're completely missing the point of what I'm saying.

The Catholic church is everywhere, there are so many interactions with vulnerable children that their raw numbers are significantly higher than the rest but if the actual rate of offending (as in offenses per child) is lower than some other institution then we need to look at that institution first.

People have been saying in this thread that the catholic church needs to be taken care of because of this, and they should for covering things up, but we need to look at the data and see where the actual worst case is and start there - it might be the catholic church, but just as I expect there are lots more Mormon complaints in Utah - because that's where a lot are - there are a heap of catholic programs running here.

If any group is going to be first on the list of those banned, it should be the worst, not just the most prevalent.

We need mandatory reporting to be enforced or legislated.
Don't you argue about raw numbers when it comes to each country's climate change emissions. You then say it's about the look at percentages when it's comes to institutions offending rate.

No its the same principle. You lower offending rates substantially in the catholic church, you get a huge drop overall. You lower emission rates substantially in the US and China, you get a huge drop overall. What am I missing?

Each group acts as it's own isolated system with access to it's own group. We don't see the Muslim children moving into Catholic schools. So I judge them as individual and isolated entities. The numbers are bad, the bigger numbers are worse but if one isolated entity has a higher percentage of offending then their culture is worse and should be looked at first.

Don't you argue about raw numbers when it comes to each country's climate change emissions. You then say it's about the look at percentages when it's comes to institutions offending rate.

touche

Standard play for them. Scientists cannot be trusted on climate change, yet scientists are the first people Scotty from marketing runs to hide behind for the impending CoronaVirus shit storm.

touche

Standard play for them. Scientists cannot be trusted on climate change, yet scientists are the first people Scotty from marketing runs to hide behind for the impending CoronaVirus shit storm.

One of those can have a material impact, measurable and correlated by science and the other isn't the virus management.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to disappoint you as i know you hate the Church with a passion, but i actually don't know of anyone ( personally) sexually molested at a Catholic school
Then the problem must not exist?

The Catholic Church has a multi-century history of organised paedophilia, child abuse, and murder.

Sally figured the boy fell from the window in 1944 or so, because she was moving to the “big girls” dormitory that day. Girls usually moved when they were 6, though residents of St. Joseph’s Orphanage in Burlington, Vermont, did not always have a clear sense of their age — birthdays, like siblings and even names, being one of the many human attributes that were stripped from them when they passed through its doors. She recounted his fall in a deposition on Nov. 6, 1996, as part of a remarkable group of lawsuits that 28 former residents brought against the nuns, the diocese, and the social agency that oversaw the orphanage.
It is the history of unrelenting physical and psychological abuse of captive children. Across thousands of miles, across decades, the abuse took eerily similar forms: People who grew up in orphanages said they were made to kneel or stand for hours, sometimes with their arms straight out, sometimes holding their boots or some other item. They were forced to eat their own vomit. They were dangled upside down out windows, over wells, or in laundry chutes. Children were locked in cabinets, in closets, in attics, sometimes for days, sometimes so long they were forgotten. They were told their relatives didn’t want them, or they were permanently separated from their siblings. They were sexually abused. They were mutilated.
A 1998 UK government inquiry, citing “exceptional depravity” at four homes run by the Christian Brothers order in Australia, heard that a boy was the object of a competition between the brothers to see who could rape him 100 times.

They never got out of the business of child abuse. Yes they do a lot of charitable things, and get a lot of tax money to do them, but their refusal to believe they are subject to the secular justice system has seen aggressive cover-ups and denials become a reflex reaction. The secular justice system has its own issues with refusing to enforce laws over religious institutions.

The church thinks it's reputation is more important than the children in its orbit. It has a history of unbelievable depravity. The sort that makes your limbs go numb when you read about it.

But my disgust at the organisation must be a failing on my part.

Last edited:

Victims of child sexual abuse on average take about 30 years before they reveal the abuse, and even then they are extremely selective with who they tell. They aren't just going to casually drop it in a conversation with anyone, let alone someone like you.

The Royal Commission estimated that over 60,000 people who experienced institutional child sexual would apply to a redress scheme. This number allows for a much greater number who wouldn't apply for a number of reasons, anything from unwilling to relive the trauma to already being decease.

So your anecdotal evidence means **** all. Facts show that Catholic schools were hands down the worst group of institutional offenders in the country.

Victims of child sexual abuse on average take about 30 years before they reveal the abuse, and even then they are extremely selective with who they tell. They aren't just going to casually drop it in a conversation with anyone, let alone someone like you.

The Royal Commission estimated that over 60,000 people who experienced institutional child sexual would apply to a redress scheme. This number allows for a much greater number who wouldn't apply for a number of reasons, anything from unwilling to relive the trauma to already being decease.

So your anecdotal evidence means fu** all. Facts show that Catholic schools were hands down the worst group of institutional offenders in the country.
That poster doesn't like to let facts get in the way of a good story.

Just because someone hasn't told you they were abused does not mean it doesn't happen. I know thousands of women but not one has told me she has been raped but we know rape is a serious crime that happens far too often. The Catholic Church has acknowledged there is a problem but instead of dealing with it by doing the right thing by the victims and ousting every pedophile to the police they would rather make excues.

St Kevin's releases new whistleblower policy on eve of bullying case

"All investigations will be undertaken using contemporary legal frameworks as a point of reference for identifying and investigating alleged misconduct."

The school will also introduce "upgraded training" to all staff this week, "covering the boundaries that must exist between teachers and our students".

Ms Keel lodged her case against the school's governing body, Edmund Rice Education Australia, under the Fair Work Act.

- So it’s an external body, but not the police. I don’t know why anyone would trust it.

Just because someone hasn't told you they were abused does not mean it doesn't happen. I know thousands of women but not one has told me she has been raped but we know rape is a serious crime that happens far too often. The Catholic Church has acknowledged there is a problem but instead of dealing with it by doing the right thing by the victims and ousting every pedophile to the police they would rather make excues.

Read my first sentence you clown, which says exactly what you say i haven't said.

So your anecdotal evidence means fu** all. Facts show that Catholic schools were hands down the worst group of institutional offenders in the country.

So, your evidence which doesn't even exist yet, is better than my anecdotal.

You are also making an assumption on when i went to school, surmising the whole 30 years scenario.

I can only give my recollections and thoughts.

Do you only want to hear ones that include sexual assaults?.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back