Four Corners - Predators at St Kevin’s

Remove this Banner Ad

"All investigations will be undertaken using contemporary legal frameworks as a point of reference for identifying and investigating alleged misconduct."

The school will also introduce "upgraded training" to all staff this week, "covering the boundaries that must exist between teachers and our students".

Ms Keel lodged her case against the school's governing body, Edmund Rice Education Australia, under the Fair Work Act.

- So it’s an external body, but not the police. I don’t know why anyone would trust it.
My thinking was that garnering all the evidence before taking it to the authorities was a reasonable process subject to the panel being truly independent. I was giving the principal the benefit of it being truly arms length and nonpartisan based on his record in Ballarat. But you make a good point.

Josh Bornstein is as skeptical as you.

My thinking was that garnering all the evidence before taking it to the authorities was a reasonable process subject to the panel being truly independent. I was giving the principal the benefit of it being truly arms length and nonpartisan based on his record in Ballarat. But you make a good point.

Josh Bornstein is as skeptical as you.

There's no real details as to what the external body is; it could be 'external' to the College but still under the auspices of EREA, or it could be actually external to the entire thing.

Given Crowley's track record in Ballarat I'm willing to give him some benefit that it will be external to College stakeholders to prevent this brand protection type behaviour.

There's no real details as to what the external body is; it could be 'external' to the College but still under the auspices of EREA, or it could be actually external to the entire thing.

Given Crowley's track record in Ballarat I'm willing to give him some benefit that it will be external to College stakeholders to prevent this brand protection type behaviour.
Completely understand you being distrustful. You wouldn’t expect the specifics to appear in a tabloid article though. I was placing – perhaps too much – confidence in the new Principal who has a good record when it comes to taking strong action against paedophiles and who has shown a caring attitude toward victims while at Ballarat.

Just figured it was reasonable to garner the evidence relating to allegations and place it before a nonpartisan body before heading to the police. But I take your point and that of El supremo

So, your evidence which doesn't even exist yet, is better than my anecdotal.

You are also making an assumption on when i went to school, surmising the whole 30 years scenario.

I can only give my recollections and thoughts.

Do you only want to hear ones that include sexual assaults?.

I work in the sector your clown. This data is extrapolated from a 5 year Royal Commission, the longest running and most thorough in Australian history. It counts for a hell of a lot more than your feels.

And I'm not assuming your age by the 30 year figure, just stating a fact in that regard as to why many of these stories don't come out until many years later. However, I am assuming no one would tell you simply based on your shitty attitude towards this issue. People who have repressed these memories aren't likely to open up to someone who is going to defend the institution that is responsible for their trauma.

I work in the sector your clown. This data is extrapolated from a 5 year Royal Commission, the longest running and most thorough in Australian history. It counts for a hell of a lot more than your feels.

And I'm not assuming your age by the 30 year figure, just stating a fact in that regard as to why many of these stories don't come out until many years later. However, I am assuming no one would tell you simply based on your shitty attitude towards this issue. People who have repressed these memories aren't likely to open up to someone who is going to defend the institution that is responsible for their trauma.

I am not defending anything.

If you work in the sector you are in the best and also the worst position to comment.

Clown.

Read my first sentence you clown, which says exactly what you say i haven't said.

The only clowns are those that defend the mother church for its sins against children.

Your first sentence talked about not knowing anyone that has been abused.

Last edited:
The only clowns are those that defend the mother church for its sins against children.

Your first sentence talked about not knowing anyone that has been abused.

Cant you read, part of my first sentence ............. "not to say it hasn't happened or perhaps i am not aware of,"

Your very first opening line ....... "Just because someone hasn't told you they were abused does not mean it doesn't happen"

Then you go on to call me a clown.

I am pretty sure the clown is you for getting it so wrong.

Clown

Cant you read, part of my first sentence ............. "not to say it hasn't happened or perhaps i am not aware of,"

Your very first opening line ....... "Just because someone hasn't told you they were abused does not mean it doesn't happen"

Clown

You are very touchy.

I was kind of supporting your point that things can happen without you knowing about it and the church should have no problem looking after the abused while giving the pedophiles over to the police. The cornerstone of ethics is doing the right things when no one is watching.

You are very touchy.

I was kind of supporting your point that things can happen without you knowing about it and the church should have no problem looking after the abused while giving the pedophiles over to the police. The cornerstone of ethics is doing the right things when no one is watching.

Um, you kinda weren't.

Clown
Yeah, but then you go on to say this:
",but i would know of probably thousands of people and have not heard of any cases within Boys, Girls and mixed Catholic schools that i am familiar with"

So the tone of your message is actually, the church is clean and being unfairly targetted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

",but i would know of probably thousands of people and have not heard of any cases within Boys, Girls and mixed Catholic schools that i am familiar with"

So the tone of your message is actually, the church is clean and being unfairly targetted.
The Catholic church is symbolic of alleged western cultural superiority in the minds of some. Any attack on it is an attack on that.

I am not defending the Church, huge mistakes and pedo cover ups amongst probably other things we don't even know about, on the other hand it has also done some great things, many people are extremely thankful to the Church for getting their lives back on track or getting a good education and grounding.

Looking back at my own interaction with some priests, absolutely wonderful blokes, great sportsman and great role models.

The Catholic church is symbolic of alleged western cultural superiority in the minds of some. Any attack on it is an attack on that.

And yet the CC was looked down upon here in this country till really at some point in probably the 1970's by many, it was no symbol of Western cultural superiority i this country, it was a symbol in this country of the poor rural and city Irish and later Italian working class in the bigger cities.

But by all means make stuff up.

We know marxists have to hate.

And yet the CC was looked down upon here in this country till really at some point in probably the 1970's by many, it was no symbol of Western cultural superiority i this country, it was a symbol in this country of the poor rural and city Irish and later Italian working class in the bigger cities.

But by all means make stuff up.

We know marxists have to hate.
I'm not making s**t up mate, you only need look at the church's defenders, die hard cultural warriors to a man. s**t, they still purport themselves to be above the law that mugs like you and I have to follow by raising the middle finger to compulsory reporting laws.

KiTHqTp.jpg

If we're being honest the only common denominator here is religion. If this wasn't a catholic college with everything else the same there would've been no rock spiders

Pretty ****ed so many people support such a corrupt and debunked way of life. By supporting the church you are supporting pedophilia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back