Ovens & King football 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely you have had your fun on here now and can disappear into the distance for a while.
So much dribble. Complaining aboutMilawa but then talking up Glenrowan who did exactly what you are sooking about. Painful to read.
The delay to the season is hard enough to cope with without having to read your garbage on here every day!

Agreed! What a sad pathetic human

The rumours are true!

I see that clearances have been suspended for the time being. Have heard this is because the cap will come down in line with how many games we may get to play this year. Smart move
Agree it is logical, as long as all clubs abide.
Just because there is a salary cap doesn’t mean clubs have to pay out that full amount each year.

I’m asking the same question on a few forums as a conversation starter.
Do you think the Country League officials would consider pushing the season into November/December if we were able to get a start in June or July?
Grounds and Cricket would be an issue but can anyone see a way that could work?

Do you think the Country League officials would consider pushing the season into November/December if we were able to get a start in June or July?

Couldn’t work with cricket, playing footy in the 30-40 degree heat would be mad. I just think they’ll right this year off. Give the clubs a good chance to save some money.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Milawa have some very greedy players who are not playing for the right reasons, 95% of the cap goes to 3 or 4 people. This leads to cash being paid under the table.

It could work well, although I think milawa are far too soft to play in the heat, they have a few very sensitive souls on that list.
If the league scrapped player payments for season 2021 to help clubs out after this hard time, milawa would finish bottom three.

It could work well, although I think milawa are far too soft to play in the heat, they have a few very sensitive souls on that list.
If the league scrapped player payments for season 2021 to help clubs out after this hard time, milawa would finish bottom three.
I read a week ago that the AFL are definitely planning to slash Country and Metropolitan Salary Caps heavily in 2020 & 2021 so you might get your wish.
In all seriousness though, if they do reduce the cap it might help football in the long term. Hopefully we see the end of massive pay days.

I read a week ago that the AFL are definitely planning to slash Country and Metropolitan Salary Caps heavily in 2020 & 2021 so you might get your wish.
In all seriousness though, if they do reduce the cap it might help football in the long term. Hopefully we see the end of massive pay days.
Slashing the salary shouldve happend a few years ago especially in a minor league like the O&K..with no footy i hope the powers to be are really looking at how all the comps can work together, the O&M, O&K and Junior League..I really believe the Junior comp should be ran as 1 entity not and not 6 single clubs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not one single player in the ovens & king deserves a cent to play.
The coaches, trainers, canteen workers, gate keepers and umpires deserve a kick back before greedy footballers chasing money. If guys can prove their worth at a much higher standard, then fair enough.
The teams that won premierships in the 90s and earlier directly reflected on which small town/community was thriving. Now it’s a case of “who has the most cash dumped on their lap this year”.

Last edited:
Milawa have some very greedy players who are not playing for the right reasons, 95% of the cap goes to 3 or 4 people. This leads to cash being paid under the table.
Here we go old bruiser at it again, where did you hear this yarn from? Just another made up story from the mind of jealous man who’s club is no longer. We’re all sick of you on here, kindly go away.
Regards Everyone.

Not one single player in the ovens & king deserves a cent to play.
The coaches, trainers, canteen workers, gate keepers and umpires deserve a kick back before greedy footballers chasing money. If guys can prove their worth at a much higher standard, then fair enough.
The teams that won premierships in the 90s and earlier directly reflected on which small town/community was thriving. Now it’s a case of “who has the most cash dumped on their lap this year”.

You really have gone of the deep end now! Not one single player deserves to be paid? You’re taking the piss surely. Should they just stop paying people at O and M level? Everyone else has to play for free? Gary Morcroft shouldn’t get paid?

You really have gone of the deep end now! Not one single player deserves to be paid? You’re taking the piss surely. Should they just stop paying people at O and M level? Everyone else has to play for free? Gary Morcroft shouldn’t get paid?

I stated clearly in my post that higher level footy is a different story.
Of course o&m players should get paid it requires a lot more commitment, three nights a week training, Sunday recovery sessions, out of hours team meetings high profile coaches and players, state of the art grounds to be maintained ect.
With clubs now aligned with vfl outfits and the professionalism progressively rising it makes sense.
And for you to say
(EVERYONE ELSE HAS TO PLAY FOR FREE) It’s people with this mindset and attitude that poison the culture of clubs and ruin footy. Yes everyone should happily play for free at lower level footy in competitions with struggling clubs.

Here we go old bruiser at it again, where did you hear this yarn from? Just another made up story from the mind of jealous man who’s club is no longer. We’re all sick of you on here, kindly go away.
Regards Everyone.

I think he's spot on even blind Freddy can work that one, not rocket science trying to do those sums

On CPH1851 using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s an interesting discussion about the money in footy, nothing wrong with the standard of Amateur footy where they attract the top talent with work rather than paying them but it means most of your side are playing for nothing. I’d back St Kevin’s the A grade premiers to beat Lavington and some clubs in the lower divisions could beat the likes of North Albury, Wodonga and Corowa. So to say the O&M should definitely all be paid, I’m not sure. It seems ridiculous to see some people who get paid to play football when plenty if better players play ammo footy.

Maybe this could see a move towards more amateur local football, it should be like cricket, you attract some top end talent with coin and everyone else pays to play.

It’s an interesting discussion about the money in footy, nothing wrong with the standard of Amateur footy where they attract the top talent with work rather than paying them but it means most of your side are playing for nothing. I’d back St Kevin’s the A grade premiers to beat Lavington and some clubs in the lower divisions could beat the likes of North Albury, Wodonga and Corowa. So to say the O&M should definitely all be paid, I’m not sure. It seems ridiculous to see some people who get paid to play football when plenty if better players play ammo footy.

Maybe this could see a move towards more amateur local football, it should be like cricket, you attract some top end talent with coin and everyone else pays to play.
Well put

If you think there not getting paid in the amateurs your kidding yourself..

If there's no money in the O&M then theres a massive drop in standard across the board, less traveling players less ex afl players less vfl signed players and less commitment from local players to train and perform, for the O&K it would see the comp become more even, but would also see a drop in standard and as if thats not low enough already

Getting a young bloke an apprenticeship as an incentive to join a club is a good thing, that’s been happening for years.
The fact a salary cap had to be introduced to country footy shows that money was becoming a problem. How do you police a large construction company from creating jobs and over paying players in their day jobs?
You can’t, and it’s a pretty simple way to legally spend double the money.

I stated clearly in my post that higher level footy is a different story.
Of course o&m players should get paid it requires a lot more commitment, three nights a week training, Sunday recovery sessions, out of hours team meetings high profile coaches and players, state of the art grounds to be maintained ect.
With clubs now aligned with vfl outfits and the professionalism progressively rising it makes sense.
And for you to say
(EVERYONE ELSE HAS TO PLAY FOR FREE) It’s people with this mindset and attitude that poison the culture of clubs and ruin footy. Yes everyone should happily play for free at lower level footy in competitions with struggling clubs.
Alot of committment to play at District League Level as well and if the game can generate it why shouldn't players get a few dollars in their pocket. People pay towatch them too. Your line of thinking would only work if the Competition decided that all Club's we're only to train one night a week and it became more of a kick and giggle comp like Masters Footy but I think your under selling District Football particularly teams that are in the finals action. Standard is quite good.

Getting a young bloke an apprenticeship as an incentive to join a club is a good thing, that’s been happening for years.
The fact a salary cap had to be introduced to country footy shows that money was becoming a problem. How do you police a large construction company from creating jobs and over paying players in their day jobs?
You can’t, and it’s a pretty simple way to legally spend double the money.
Slashing Caps won't fix that. It will be more the line of thinking that Club's go down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back