Ovens & King football 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Not the first player in league history to go to another club to win premierships. Will happen again! Can recall Lionel Schutt doing it from Milawa to Tarrawingee (1990) Milawa to Moyhu. Also Potty Larkin Tarrawingee to Moyhu. Both went for good dollars too in those days. Not long ago Joel Bihun from North Wang to Glenrowan

Think you'll find that Moyhu hadnt won a premiership before Schutt and Potty went to Moyhu :thumbsu::thumbsu: so a bit of a difference

How is leaving guys out who played all year (the right way). It’s a disgrace and the selection panel and coach should be ashamed. Let’s put a guy in who couldn’t care less about the result or the club.

So where are all the Glenrowan blokes now who played in those years and care so much about the club ??

Petts is the worst premiership coach in the history of the ovens & king. He had 50 fit players took on an already made side, had unlimited funds and says it’s surreal and a lot of planning went in to it LOL. What a master stroke of over paying an ex AFL player to come in to the side. No body can argue against this. This is not a knock on junior coaches and kids leagues but I think he would make a good Auskick coach.

Petts is the worst premiership coach in the history of the ovens & king. He had 50 fit players took on an already made side, had unlimited funds and says it’s surreal and a lot of planning went in to it LOL. What a master stroke of over paying an ex AFL player to come in to the side. No body can argue against this. This is not a knock on junior coaches and kids leagues but I think he would make a good Auskick coach.
Sounds like you love Milawa...

Unfair to pot Petts like this, say what you want about how Milawa goes about it and their recruiting etc. but to have a dig at a bloke who, admittedly was handed the keys to the Ferrari, would have put as much time into his coaching and player meetings as anyone is busy unfair. He is a ripper bloke and well liked as a coach by most who played under him at Wang and Milawa. No coach would have done any differently to him had they been in his situation last year. What your asking him to do is not pick his best side come grand final day???

Anyone know of any decent tradesmen for some works to take place at the milawa changerooms? They’re looking at getting a few mirrors installed on the ceiling and walls in the bathroom.
Cheers.

Who do you follow/ play with big Bruiser? No pretty boys at your club? Find that hard to believe they seem to be everywhere. Had a fair bit to say on head lately sounds like someone has sour grapes. Have you/ do you play at a middle tier club that hasn’t had much success??

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The season is obviously going to be delayed by at least a month, the league should keep the opening five games as is and then change the draw accordingly. Similar to what AFL are doing.
Some predictions for the season:

Milawa- Premiers (to buy another one and cause some heart break for some youngsters in the process )
DAY LIGHT
Bright - A few handy additions but won’t be good enough (runner up )
King valley Lost some class in Myors and Bromley but will still be right up there in 3rd.
Greta-in the mix

Every other team will be back in the pack just waiting for the season to end.
Moyhu and north Wang have been boasting the quantity of recruits but it’s quality that matters. What’s the point in having 45 players to pick from when 35 of them are useless.

You keep mentioning these good young local kids who got left out of the premiership side, just wondering who they were. 3 of the boys that got left out were recruits from Wangaratta in Bihun, Petts and Potter. Can’t seem to recall anyone local boys getting dropped.

Who do you follow/ play with big Bruiser? No pretty boys at your club? Find that hard to believe they seem to be everywhere. Had a fair bit to say on head lately sounds like someone has sour grapes. Have you/ do you play at a middle tier club that hasn’t had much success??

Sorry just read the rest of the posts. Seems you’re a glenrowan man, maybe that’s why you’re so salty. You don’t have a club at all. Just a s**t piece of dirt and a termite infected building. It’s been lovely seeing how much Milawa’s success upsets you.

Sorry just read the rest of the posts. Seems you’re a glenrowan man, maybe that’s why you’re so salty. You don’t have a club at all. Just a s**t piece of dirt and a termite infected building. It’s been lovely seeing how much Milawa’s success upsets you.

Only stirring the pot by the looks of it. Probably another account from a McFAIL no doubt. It is quite amusing seeing him implode due to the fact that everyone has to stare at the bog hole every trip down the Hume now.

Im sick of seeing clubs like Milawa destroy country footy with money. How is getting Hamish Moore a good thing for the league? It’s ridiculous, he should be embarrassed to just jump on board.

Clubs like Milawa?
Glenrowan literally went broke because they paid players way too much money but you say what they did was amazing.
No doubt players are getting paid more and more and it’s not good for the league but you can’t blame Milawa for being in a strong enough position financially to be able to recruit these players. Just goes to show you how good a job the committee has done over the last 10 years. Players go to Milawa and don’t seem to leave they must be doing something right.

Im sick of seeing clubs like Milawa destroy country footy with money. How is getting Hamish Moore a good thing for the league? It’s ridiculous, he should be embarrassed to just jump on board.

You do realise there is salary cap and a player points system! Milawa are on a level playing field with every other club in the league. They have got enough 1 point players that have either come up through the 3rds or stuck around the club long enough after being recruited to become a 1 point player. They just have more talented players compared to other clubs. 70% of their players play for nothing to allow for the top end dollars of the high profile recruits. They sacrifice to play in grand finals and premierships. That’s their rewards. Whinge all you like but that is the model of recruiting and running a club other clubs should follow. Sad thing for other clubs is they can keep going for another 5-10 seasons like this.

Before Glenrowan dominated the competition they were on their knees having won two games in as many years and were about to collapse. Them folding literally has nothing to do with poor management, lots of clubs are struggling with numbers and volunteers these days. The fact they did what they did before the fall was quite remarkable.
The numbers will dwindle and interest in the league will be at an all time low now Milawa are going about it the wrong way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has his finger in every pie! He is on the Tallangatta and O&M threads too! Now Tallangatta is a league with big money and doesn’t complain about the clubs there 😂

Before Glenrowan dominated the competition they were on their knees having won two games in as many years and were about to collapse. Them folding literally has nothing to do with poor management, lots of clubs are struggling with numbers and volunteers these days. The fact they did what they did before the fall was quite remarkable.
The numbers will dwindle and interest in the league will be at an all time low now Milawa are going about it the wrong way.

You really are a w***er! I hope you don’t run a business for you would be broke bankrupt and living on the streets if you really think Glenrowan went about it the right way compared to Milawa.
So what are Milawa ment to do drop back to the pack where the league standard is laughable. If you want to blame anyone blame the VCFL for allowing the Benalla teams to enter the league in 2010. That’s when the league has fallen apart. The last real year of competition was 2009 with 10 teams. Oh yeah Milawa won that flag!!

Has his finger in every pie! He is on the Tallangatta and O&M threads too! Now Tallangatta is a league with big money and doesn’t complain about the clubs there 😂
You’ll notice the other competitions are even due to sticking to the salary cap, you guys clearly pay under the table too.

You’ll notice the other competitions are even due to sticking to the salary cap, you guys clearly pay under the table too.

Whatever! I bet you were one of the blokes that laughed at Milawa in the mid 90’s and early 2000’s that they couldn’t win a game and said they should fold. (Along with Tarrawingee) Now you are jealous of how they have built their club to a powerhouse. Oh yeah that’s right you actually don’t know much about the history of the Ovens & King

Whatever! I bet you were one of the blokes that laughed at Milawa in the mid 90’s and early 2000’s that they couldn’t win a game and said they should fold. (Along with Tarrawingee) Now you are jealous of how they have built their club to a powerhouse. Oh yeah that’s right you actually don’t know much about the history of the Ovens & King
What I do know is the 2010 grand final was the best of the decade.
Closely followed by the spectacle that was four on the trot.

You really are a w***er! I hope you don’t run a business for you would be broke bankrupt and living on the streets if you really think Glenrowan went about it the right way compared to Milawa.
So what are Milawa ment to do drop back to the pack where the league standard is laughable. If you want to blame anyone blame the VCFL for allowing the Benalla teams to enter the league in 2010. That’s when the league has fallen apart. The last real year of competition was 2009 with 10 teams. Oh yeah Milawa won that flag!!

I think it’s Robbie Alexander entertaining himself whilst self isolating and getting more bites than cod opening !
And the Milawa boys are loving the chance to puff their chests out and carrying on like they are the only club that have ever had a dominant run .

I think it’s Robbie Alexander entertaining himself whilst self isolating and getting more bites than cod opening !
And the Milawa boys are loving the chance to puff their chests out and carrying on like they are the only club that have ever had a dominant run .
At the end of the day this thread has been full of people hating on milawa for success and then normal people who actually want to talks about the league and positive goss.
Then we have this stevo kid just jumping from thread to thread stirring pots with lack of credibility due to his affiliation with the dead club on the Hume.
The shortened season will be beneficial for the older teams and may bring some extra excitement as long as they can’t get it going before it gets too late. O n k will suffer a decent loss if they don’t get half a season in.

Bizarre watching an afl game with the same crowd as a milawa home and away match.
I could (rather ironically ) reply , about the same crowd size as Glenrowan rec reserve will see this year.
But I won't.
Saw Pettsy out training with a few blokes tonight. Doing his job as appointed to do.
Intelligent thing to do.

Bizarre watching an afl game with the same crowd as a milawa home and away match.

Surely you have had your fun on here now and can disappear into the distance for a while.
So much dribble. Complaining aboutMilawa but then talking up Glenrowan who did exactly what you are sooking about. Painful to read.
The delay to the season is hard enough to cope with without having to read your garbage on here every day!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back