Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

If that's really him, then he's the publisher not the dev. He doesn't work on the game.

He may have insights into Wicked Witch's patch plans tho

Another night, another switch kick I thought worth sharing, this time from an OOB not a kick in. HoF difficulty, 7.5 min quarters. I've turned the player speed down to 0, and am enjoying it thoroughly, sliders are otherwise untouched. Camera side, mid, 45 zoom, 55 height.

The final kick inside 50 was my error, not the game's - couldn't decide where to put it and took the third of two options. With run speed down to zero, you can see the effectiveness of the switch at just going around the entire defensive setup. That clip is a great example of being able to play modern footy in Evo 2.

I really wish Wicked Witch had a presence in these forums because there's so many minor bug fixes that could make this the clear cut #1 footy game. There's a shitload here to work with. It's the most fun I've had on a footy game in forever, and if they tidied some stuff up it has the potential to go from 'good for what it is' to a genuinely good effort.

I'm only posting when prompted, as I have done all along, hardly a war.

Seriously, you have an opportunity to speak to the guy that's paying the bills on this game - the guy that decides what will be in the patches and when they come out, take the opportunity.

Well, Goldie has done his achilles and is out for 48 weeks. The game has chosen key defender Ed Vickers Willis as my replacement ruckman (and Jamie Macmillan has replaced the unwanted number 2 ruck Trent Dumont). I go to replace EVW with an actual ruckman and get the below message which I can't click yes on.

Bugs on bugs on bugs

Can someone explain the online rankings to me. I have 4 played with 3 wins and 1 loss and my mate has 5 played and 5 wins yet I’m ahead of him by about 12 spots on overall rankings. My percentage is 1% better if that matters.

Well, Goldie has done his achilles and is out for 48 weeks. The game has chosen key defender Ed Vickers Willis as my replacement ruckman (and Jamie Macmillan has replaced the unwanted number 2 ruck Trent Dumont). I go to replace EVW with an actual ruckman and get the below message which I can't click yes on.

I had this too, with Dan Howe replacing O'Brien at full forward. Change your team management setting to manual, then you can switch him out.

Still, We have two members of the Australian Video Game community and the only ones running Australian Video Game Publishing Houses having a pissing contest over who's game is the best when honestly these games are mediocre at best. If we want to actually judge without applying a curve, AFL Live 2011 and AFL Evolution 2 are piss poor compared to their compatriots in the Sports Games community. If we're that proud about these games that are 6/10 at best that we have to have a AFL Game Civil War in an internet forum, We're all pathetic.

Honestly, If this is what we have got. We are never getting a good AFL game period and we should honestly dash that dream and just end it here. If this is the end of the road, It's time to hang it up and move on to something else. This is a waste of everybody's time. I hope the AFL sees this and ends their involvement in Video Games here. Because this is an absolute joke.

Thank you and good night!
I'm out of here.
I think this is great, we usually have Ross taking shots at WW and every AFL game they make, all while telling us nothing (in fairness he’s probably not allowed to) and on the other side we have total silence from tru blu and WW until they decide they want to announce something which we have no idea if our suggestions have been taken onboard for
At least this way we might get some transparency

Hello Ross, as you know I don't spend too much time on social media but something has attracted my attention. You have stated a couple of things , "you made the best selling AFL game of all time" and the " best game ( AFL?)". Can I assume you are talking about AFL Live? If you are, obviously we can argue all day about the best AFL game, at the end of the day the consumer decides but how do you quantify the best selling game of all time? What are we talking about here, games since NES? A comparison to AFL Evolution? What platforms? etc. I'm curious on how you have reached that conclusion.Sebastian
Sebastian, we are your audience, the people on here are the die hard AFL video game fans, if you’re relying on the idiots on Facebook to give you anything constructive then you’ll be heading in the wrong direction.
Tru Blu and Wicked Witch need to have a presence HERE!, engage with us, talk to us, we’ll give you more in one day on here then you’ll get from 6 months+ with the Facebook crowd.
I love Evo 2, over the last few days i’ve had some of the best, most realistic games of AFL footy i’ve ever experienced in a video game and I’ve played every AFL game since Finals Fever in ‘96 (and that includes Mascot Manor and AFL challenge), this game is good and we’d love to help you and WW make it great, you just have to let us, you just have to talk with us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So just got the game.

Played Freo v Collingwood and it was an amazingly enjoyable experience. Last 5 goals of the game put either side in front, thankfully Cerra managed to take a grab top of the square for the winning goal with 8 seconds left.

I shouldn't also mention that I didn't score at all in the first quarter, and came back from 30 points down at 3 quarter time.

For value as a game is it worth $79? Probably not. As a footy fan in this climate? It's worth every penny.

Mate you sound just like everyone else when they first get the game 😉

It's good easy fun and you're just happy to be playing footy again.

And then you play more and more and realise just how much is wrong with it. Its not terrible, but it's certainly not great.

Curious to see how you feel in a week. That rubber banding you mentioned coming back from 30points down, you wait until that happens to you. Over, and over again.

Sebastian, we are your audience, the people on here are the die hard AFL video game fans, if you’re relying on the idiots on Facebook to give you anything constructive then you’ll be heading in the wrong direction.
Tru Blu and Wicked Witch need to have a presence HERE!, engage with us, talk to us, we’ll give you more in one day on here then you’ll get from 6 months+ with the Facebook crowd.
I love Evo 2, over the last few days i’ve had some of the best, most realistic games of AFL footy i’ve ever experienced in a video game and I’ve played every AFL game since Finals Fever in ‘96 (and that includes Mascot Manor and AFL challenge), this game is good and we’d love to help you and WW make it great, you just have to let us, you just have to talk with us

WW used to post on occasion here but didn't do much with it. I think it was called WickedWitches but it may have been deleted since I can't seem to see it anymore.

I also not sure I believe that guy is real and not someone having a laugh after searching for a name under trueblu. But maybe I have seen too many trolls on the team boards at this point.

Hello Ross, as you know I don't spend too much time on social media but something has attracted my attention. You have stated a couple of things , "you made the best selling AFL game of all time" and the " best game ( AFL?)". Can I assume you are talking about AFL Live? If you are, obviously we can argue all day about the best AFL game, at the end of the day the consumer decides but how do you quantify the best selling game of all time? What are we talking about here, games since NES? A comparison to AFL Evolution? What platforms? etc. I'm curious on how you have reached that conclusion.Sebastian

Hi Sebastian Giompaolo it's great to see you here.

Whilst Ross can answer those questions, I would love to know why Tru Blu decided that AFL Live 2 (and then Evo 1 and Evo 2) should be made by the guys who made this:

and this:

as opposed to this?

...Really might need to bring my 360 over to the US with me. I brought the game thinking I could play it on my XBox 1 but apparently not all games are backwards compatible :(

WW used to post on occasion here but didn't do much with it. I think it was called WickedWitches but it may have been deleted since I can't seem to see it anymore.

I also not sure I believe that guy is real and not someone having a laugh after searching for a name under trueblu. But maybe I have seen too many trolls on the team boards at this point.
Given Ross's reply, I'd assume Sebastian is the real deal.

Given the way the post was written, language and style, I can almost 100% confirm that it is Sebastian of Tru Blu. I can assure you there is no way he wanted to come on here, he must be pretty pissed off at the WW employee posts that stirred this up (and of course my responses :) ).

You guys are not going to get a better opportunity to have impact on the game, he pays the WW bills, he says jump, they start jumping.

This times one million. If this bloke is actually from Tru Blu then that’s the best news since release. How they/WW don’t have a presence here with the most diehard audience I’ll never know, but then again this is the game that didn’t post for months on end about release.

There’s so many (presumably) easy changes that could be made to the game, to presentation, just tiny little tweaks that could surely be done in a matter of minutes or hours at the back end. Nothing that would require a significant overhaul at all. Tidy those up before you even attempt a major patch and half the community’s complaints would be addressed.

Being present here and reading some of those complaints would do wonders. This has such great potential as a footy game experience, time to engage with the core audience and get some help. It’s a game with no social media presence and a single YouTuber for a marketing department, they should be welcoming the help of a diehard fanbase.

Not sure I want the ability to move the camera myself whilst in a sports game. Especially as the sticks are already assigned to other things...
Actually I don’t mind that, using the PS4 touch pad to pan the camera when needed or for people with paddles to be able to use them seperate to x/o/square mapping

Ok, We've got two devs fighting on the thread. I think it's time to abandon ship...

Can we get hiatus for AFL Games as I think we need to clean out the rot as it seems like things are very heated between parties.

(Wait until we get an AFL Rep in the Forum ripping up Tru Blu's contract and baring Big Ant from taking the license back. Because we're almost at that point at the moment.)
Still, We have two members of the Australian Video Game community and the only ones running Australian Video Game Publishing Houses having a pissing contest over who's game is the best when honestly these games are mediocre at best. If we want to actually judge without applying a curve, AFL Live 2011 and AFL Evolution 2 are piss poor compared to their compatriots in the Sports Games community. If we're that proud about these games that are 6/10 at best that we have to have a AFL Game Civil War in an internet forum, We're all pathetic.

Honestly, If this is what we have got. We are never getting a good AFL game period and we should honestly dash that dream and just end it here. If this is the end of the road, It's time to hang it up and move on to something else. This is a waste of everybody's time. I hope the AFL sees this and ends their involvement in Video Games here. Because this is an absolute joke.

Thank you and good night!
I'm out of here.

In the last 3 weeks of #iso, ive been forced by the misso to sit through season after season of kardashians, gossip girl, love island and downton abbey.....and yet throughout all of that drama, its this radical over reaction that sits on pole for mine. Well done son.

BallaratBulldog
All those notes you sent to WW may be worth posting here and tagging a certain someone

Whilst on the topic Sebastian Giompaolo, a yearly release with alternated devs each year would be nice
Then if that doesn’t settle the war, maybe we’ll have to start a BigFooty boxing trend and take over from the YouTubers 👀

Even worse when it's another undercover WW employee calling me out! (Dude needs to re-word his posts so it at least sounds like he's been to a game or two and not a Dev LMAO!) Better luck next time

Wasn't going to post again but WW keep dragging me back in.... my verdict on the game? I'll leave that to Mitch.

Firstly, I'm kinda chuffed - though confused - that you think I work for WW. However, you ARE correct in assuming that I've not ACTUALLY been to many cricket matches. In fact I've only been to one - a school excursion to the Centenary Test in 1977, where a friend, Peter Ginn, myself and another friend were interviewed by A Current Affair and I got to meet and shake hands with Sir Donald Bradman - who I really only knew by name back then rather than anything else because I wasn't into cricket at that stage. However, since that time I've watched a f**k load of cricket on TV. An absolute s**t ton!

Nah mate, I was up at 3am because I deal with the US, who just wake up at that time.... a bit like the WW employee, not fanboy, that posted at 2:58am just before me.

If you can't see that the guy's a WW then you are delusional - amongst a multitude of other issues in his posts, how many "innings" would you like to bowl in a cricket game? 2 or 3? (It's not baseball!)

Maybe the two or three WW employees on here could actually help you guys out with the game you purchased and answer some questions, instead of hiding behind their nice, new shiny accounts, calling me out.

Anyway, as before, unless another WW employee calls on me again, a bit like Mitch, I'll give this up. (Edit: Obviously Mitch doesn't understand the 'switch the play' mechanic...)

So just because someone posts at 3AM they must be a WW dev? Great detective work, mate. The truth is I have a sleep condition known as Delayed Sleep Phase Disorder - or DSPD for short - which, in the past but not so much nowadays cause I'm older (I'm guessing), meant that I would stay awake for up to four and a half days before requiring sleep. I never did quite make the five days (awake time) but my average is about 28 to 42 hours nowadays.

No you won't, you'll pop up again at the next opportunity to big note yourself.

I did like the part where a guy called your cricket game the best he's ever played and you still accuse him of being a WW employee who apparently has it in for you. And it's obvious he meant overs, not innings. God forbid, someone doesn't think your games are prefect. Insecure much?

Yeah, I also don't understand how that's all Ross got from that post? And yes, I meant overs obviously. I don't even know why I said innings. Brain fart I guess?

I've been on the fence about buying this game and this thread hasn't helped with that at all lol.

Not sure I can condone dropping $100 given all the bugs and supposed below par gameplay but on the other hand its footy...

If I were you and undecided then I would probably wait a little while for most of the bugs to be ironed out and then maybe look for a cheaper deal as well.

NPD sales data has AFL Live as the #1 grossing AFL game of all time.

As you no doubt know Sebastian, I have remained quiet as agreed through your previous releases. However, undercover WW agents, on here and FB, have slandered our games - I pointed out to you that I would respond should that occur.

This game has more features than AFL Live, for sure, but since you've invited me to say so - No, it does not play as well as AFL Live, and it never will - the AI is broken at it's core, I can see where they have tried to emulate AFL Live, as directed to do, but unfortunately for you they've fallen short.

I have my detractors on here, for sure, but I hope that they will see what a great outcome that this is for them, that you are finally here to support the game, finally the people here can be heard and get the support they deserve.

I think Jess from the official St Kilda Channel can kick it off with some feedback for you:

You could've just said to all of us here at the start that you're contractually obligated to not comment on the game. Could've saved a lot of time and effort for everyone involved. Plus, in my view, it's a perfectly legitimate answer.

If you hear a commentator say "Dangerfield had 33 possessions today" for example, would that not be the total number of kicks and handballs he had?

I think possessions has become a colloquial term for disposals like how touches has

Edit: Had to educate myself on what contested/uncontested possessions actually are, more complicated than I thought. Which was that a contested possession was just a disposal under pressure

A mark, for instance, is a possession. It's not a disposal until you actually dispose of it via a handball or kick. That's the difference.

Given the way the post was written, language and style, I can almost 100% confirm that it is Sebastian of Tru Blu. I can assure you there is no way he wanted to come on here, he must be pretty pissed off at the WW employee posts that stirred this up (and of course my responses :) ).

You guys are not going to get a better opportunity to have impact on the game, he pays the WW bills, he says jump, they start jumping.

Or supposed employees even.

Look, not that I actually need to, but I will, for clarity sake, state a little bit about me. I'm not a software developer but I do know my way around website software (HTML, CSS, PHP, JavaScript SQL etc.) I'm a writer and have written several books, I'm an ex-musician, I make 19th century style woodworking hand tools and I run the official website for Hollywood actor Richard E. Grant (Withnail And I, Doctor Who, Game Of Thrones, Logan, Star Wars Rise Of Skywalker etc.) on a voluntary basis - and have done so for about 20 years. And yes, It's currently not up to date at the moment because I've been busy with other things. If you want to you can read more about me at the Worco.org or the Richard E. Grant websites. My name's Cameron. Pleased to meet you all.

I don't work for WW and I never have. I'm not a fanboy of anything really, but I've always enjoyed playing video games and have put in many tens of thousands of hours doing so over the years. Because I've been working for myself the past 30 years I have plenty of time to slot in video game playing - as well as watching countless hours of cricket, AFL, gridiron, Olympics etc. etc. For instance I ALWAYS take 2+ weeks off from working to watch the Olympics when they're on. Oh, and I also have mobility issues nowadays, cause jumping off the garage roof all the time as a kid has apparently f**ked my ankles over the years. Who would've thought (yeah, I know,. It's pretty obvious).

Having said all of that, I would LOVE to "work" as a beta tester for a lot of games - AFL, gridiron and cricket especially. I doubt that would actually happen though because some people don't seem to want to listen to valid and constructive comments of their games for whatever reason. Not naming names, of course.

So there you have it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back