Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

After leaving the game alone yesterday because it was infuriating me, decided I'd go back to Be a Pro since Coach mode is broken.

After a BOG performance in the first game and a win, got dropped to the VFL apparently along with the rest of the Collingwood forward line and got another BOG there to get back in senior team (Jamie Elliot did sensationally in the ruck) although apparently it's now Queens Birthday against Melbourne even though I played round 1 in the AFL and round 2 in the VFL.

Hello Ross, as you know I don't spend too much time on social media but something has attracted my attention. You have stated a couple of things , "you made the best selling AFL game of all time" and the " best game ( AFL?)". Can I assume you are talking about AFL Live? If you are, obviously we can argue all day about the best AFL game, at the end of the day the consumer decides but how do you quantify the best selling game of all time? What are we talking about here, games since NES? A comparison to AFL Evolution? What platforms? etc. I'm curious on how you have reached that conclusion.Sebastian

NPD sales data has AFL Live as the #1 grossing AFL game of all time.

As you no doubt know Sebastian, I have remained quiet as agreed through your previous releases. However, undercover WW agents, on here and FB, have slandered our games - I pointed out to you that I would respond should that occur.

This game has more features than AFL Live, for sure, but since you've invited me to say so - No, it does not play as well as AFL Live, and it never will - the AI is broken at it's core, I can see where they have tried to emulate AFL Live, as directed to do, but unfortunately for you they've fallen short.

I have my detractors on here, for sure, but I hope that they will see what a great outcome that this is for them, that you are finally here to support the game, finally the people here can be heard and get the support they deserve.

I think Jess from the official St Kilda Channel can kick it off with some feedback for you:

15868596697416335594659482896694.jpg
Tried out the sliders and it was very realistic gameplay and I also tried turning off the setshot timer. I actually was kicking points finally for my gold Coast coach career mode and got the win in front of 90k at the G for a blockbuster match 🙄

View attachment 857822
Tried out the sliders and it was very realistic gameplay and I also tried turning off the setshot timer. I actually was kicking points finally for my gold Coast coach career mode and got the win in front of 90k at the G for a blockbuster match 🙄

Ignoring that we lost to the Gold Coast.......................as if we'd only kick 6 behinds.

If we kicked 9 goals we've at least kicked 15 behinds.

So just got the game.

Played Freo v Collingwood and it was an amazingly enjoyable experience. Last 5 goals of the game put either side in front, thankfully Cerra managed to take a grab top of the square for the winning goal with 8 seconds left.

I shouldn't also mention that I didn't score at all in the first quarter, and came back from 30 points down at 3 quarter time.

For value as a game is it worth $79? Probably not. As a footy fan in this climate? It's worth every penny.

What happens if you remove the set shot bar? You just guess when you've held it long enough?
There’s still a small bar underneath the player name, you just can’t see the green spot so you have to get it roughly in the area it would’ve been

2k and FIFA are their “competition“ yet they’re in this thread at 2:30am replying to comments and calling people that enjoy this game “fanboys”. Jesus Christ I can’t be the only one sick to death of the Big Ant discussion in this thread???

Two Dev studios taking shots at each other over what are all terrible AFL games. What a time to be alive and we the punters are still stuck with games behind EAs attempts of the early 2000s.

Unfortunately the AFL doesn't have a money hat to pass around to them or 2k or anyone anymore to invest in a better game thanks Covid-19.

Two Dev studios taking shots at each other over what are all terrible AFL games. What a time to be alive and we the punters are still stuck with games behind EAs attempts of the early 2000s.

Unfortunately the AFL doesn't have a money hat to pass around to them or 2k or anyone anymore to invest in a better game thanks Covid-19.

They wouldn't anyway

Terrible? I don’t think so, technically pretty good in fact, but at least both developers have a decent base game and a proper gaming engine to spring off of.

wasn’t it Retro studios who sent in an impressive demo for Metroid prime 4 when they wanted the project. Anyhoo.

View attachment 857822

I've been trying to work this out in my own game and I see it in yours - why are total disposals only 132 then uncontested + contested disposals = 175? I'm sure it's something simple I'm not considering.

After leaving the game alone yesterday because it was infuriating me, decided I'd go back to Be a Pro since Coach mode is broken.
What about your coach mode is broken? Mine has been perfectly fine so wondering if I could help with what your issue was

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terrible? I don’t think so, technically pretty good in fact, but at least both developers have a decent base game and a proper gaming engine to spring off of.

wasn’t it Retro studios who sent in an impressive demo for Metroid prime 4 when they wanted the project. Anyhoo.

Yes terrible. I won't sugar coat it as that is exactly what they have been so far. I don't care that they are having a go at each other but if only good competition actually ended in better games out of them.

They would make it if you paid them is my point. They have the in house Tech and experience to get something pretty decent up in the first 12 months and then build on it. The AFL should be getting it in kids hands but they have no idea.

If AFL took heaving a good game seriously they would have funded it when times were good

Last edited:

This predates that by almost 30 years, when FIFA gave away the licence. The AFL during that time were asking for a big pay check, thus the development costs were down.

What about your coach mode is broken? Mine has been perfectly fine so wondering if I could help with what your issue was

The rucking issues.

The AI being s**t no matter how much you adjust the sliders.

A patch is the only way to fix these issues and I have little faith that they will.

View attachment 857822

Do WW even understand what a possession is? It's a disposal in other words

Can someone confirm that with the sliders, reducing the tackle distance value means that the CPU then has to be closer to lay one? I’ve been fiddling with a few sliders but not noticing a lot of change. Same as player speed....

Ok, We've got two devs fighting on the thread. I think it's time to abandon ship...

Can we get hiatus for AFL Games as I think we need to clean out the rot as it seems like things are very heated between parties.

(Wait until we get an AFL Rep in the Forum ripping up Tru Blu's contract and baring Big Ant from taking the license back. Because we're almost at that point at the moment.)

They're not the same thing.

If you hear a commentator say "Dangerfield had 33 possessions today" for example, would that not be the total number of kicks and handballs he had?

I think possessions has become a colloquial term for disposals like how touches has

Edit: Had to educate myself on what contested/uncontested possessions actually are, more complicated than I thought. Which was that a contested possession was just a disposal under pressure

Last edited:
Ok, We've got two devs fighting on the thread. I think it's time to abandon ship...

Can we get hiatus for AFL Games as I think we need to clean out the rot as it seems like things are very heated between parties.

(Wait until we get an AFL Rep in the Forum ripping up Tru Blu's contract and baring Big Ant from taking the license back. Because we're almost at that point at the moment.)

Tru Blu aren't devs tho

Remove this Banner Ad

Back