GoSaints12 Phantom Draft, Draft floor. 8am tomorrow start. Live trade of picks is on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 32 - Gold Coast - Bid on Brandon Walker (East Fremantle)
Admittedly I haven't seem him as much as I have the NAB League prospects but I've been impressed from what I have seen. Was particularly fond of his game against NZL, admittedly against a weak opponent but he played the backline beautifully. With his speed, run and capable marking, Walker would fit in very nicely along a back flank for Gold Coast.

More detailed write up to follow if bid not matched.

eastfreo75 to decide wether to match or not.
I think in the interests of moving the draft along, we assume Freo match the bid, and take a hit on their 2021 second round pick.

fightingfury_88 Gold Coast are back on the clock.

Pick 33 - Gold Coast - Errol Gulden (Swans Academy) (Not matched by Sydney)
1588640779310.png

Yes, I'm going to be that annoying team that bids on multiple academy players, but Gulden has already fallen too far for me not to bid on him now. Reminds me a bit of Jack Higgins with his high production through the midfield and his craftiness around goals. His U18 Championships as an under-ager for the Allies in 2019 was terrific as he proved himself to be one of the better performed and consistent players for his team. Playing mostly forward and midfield, Gulden's constant run and clean hands saw him a constant threat around goals but also a valuable piece of any midfield he played in. His game against Vic Metro was particularly impressive with his third quarter an absolute gem as he posed a constant threat inside 50 including snagging two exquisite goals.

Standing at just 172cm, I think a lot of people tend to look at Gulden and somewhat mark him down a bit because of his height. Yes, he's never going to be a super contested bull at stoppages or a marking threat in the mould of a Patrick Cripps or Nathan Fyfe but instead of focusing on what he can't do I'm keen to look at what he can and has done. Gulden can run, finds space through the midfield where others can't and poses a constant threat around goal. On top of all this, his classy left foot kick can be an absolute weapon when he gets time and space to deliver inside 50. While his best work is done on the outside, it's not like he's afraid of the contested ball either with his clean hands and willingness to tackle useful around stoppages. Errol's a proven consistent performer at the NAB League for the Sydney Academy and in the U18 Championships for the Allies team with numerous high possession, multiple goal games proof of his ability. I absolutely love watching Gulden play and in reality, if Sydney were to pass on him they'd be losing a very talented and exciting prospect for their team.

Last edited:

Pick 32 - Gold Coast - Bid on Brandon Walker (East Fremantle)
Admittedly I haven't seem him as much as I have the NAB League prospects but I've been impressed from what I have seen. Was particularly fond of his game against NZL, admittedly against a weak opponent but he played the backline beautifully. With his speed, run and capable marking, Walker would fit in very nicely along a back flank for Gold Coast.

More detailed write up to follow if bid not matched.

eastfreo75 to decide wether to match or not.
Matched.

Points will come off next year.

Pick 33 - Gold Coast - Bid on Errol Gulden (Swans Academy)
Yes, I'm going to be that annoying team that bids on multiple academy players, but Gulden has already fallen too far for me not to bid on him now. Reminds me a bit of Jack Higgins with his high production through the midfield and his craftiness around goals. His U18 Championships as an under-ager for the Allies in 2019 was terrific as he proved himself to be one of the better performed and consistent players for his team. Playing mostly forward and midfield, Gulden's constant run and clean hands saw him a constant threat around goals but also a valuable piece of any midfield he played in. His game against Vic Metro was particularly impressive with his third quarter an absolute gem as he posed a constant threat inside 50 including snagging two exquisite goals.

More detailed write up to follow if bid not matched by Sydney (Membling) .

Swans would likely match and go into deficit but for this run through, I will not.

Reminds me of a more polished Mcglynn with more scope in mids.

Swans would likely match and go into deficit but for this run through, I will not.

Reminds me of a more polished Mcglynn with more scope in mids.
If I was a Gold Coast fan, I’m not sure if I’d be happy with Gulden.

He’s a talent, but Gold Coast are loaded with young talent in his positions. They really need a small/medium defender who can provide run and carry out of defence.

He’s a talent, but Gold Coast are loaded with young talent in his positions. They really need a small/medium defender who can provide run and carry out of defence.

Best available at this point.

Well they did have a failed bid on Walker to be fair

Byrnes or Downie would have been next picked for run and carry

Don't forget, a certain Joel Jeffrey is theoretically pre-listed by the Suns. Very much a talented back flanker and fits their needs well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best available at this point.

Byrnes or Downie would have been next picked for run and carry
There's another player who I also think could make quite a handy back flanker, but has played the majority of his gametime in another position to date.

Pick 34 - Port Adelaide - Chad Pearson (Tall Defender/Western Australia)

I hate going too early for mature agers, but I think Port are desperate for a tall defender and Chad is one of the few left I rate highly enough to consider drafting here.

Full writeup to come, isolation hasn't been kind to my sleep schedule

andleanback you're up

I think this pick now belongs to the Crows?

Great - at pick 36, the Crows select COREY DURDIN.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back