Round 2 Trades (5 available)

How many trades are you making this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Nic Nat fella shits me to tears.
You think hes going big, but thats the last you see of him till next qtr.
Did it again Rnd 1
Worth keeping or will a cheap R2 score just as well ? Tempted to offload.
With cash gen so low and season so short will you ever afford Gawn/Grundy combo? Get Gawn now or hold Nic all year

Reduced game time = trade
With cash gen so low and season so short will you ever afford Gawn/Grundy combo? Get Gawn now or hold Nic all year
Took Nat thinking he'd be running higher gametime this season with the fitness level. Nice points per minute despite limited gametime so i just assumed this was his big season with his fitness level up. Straight away he racked em up Rnd 1, but same old TOG issue.
I'm happy to sacrifice the Grawndy combo all season for Grundy/NicNat ONLY if th TOG thing isnt an issue again. In Rnd 1 weagles werent really threatened and break in season announced, so unsure if his same old TOG issue wasnt caused by simply no need to push him.
Farrrrrrked if i know. Probably trying to overthink it. I should dump his arse coz i already feel buyers remorse.

Are people really trading out Dunkley after one bad game against a strong Collingwood team?

My god there are some idiots out there in SC land.
In normal year it’s an idiot move.

This year is totally different. The normal rule of keeping premiums to save trades is out the door. 30 trades with 16 rounds is different to 30 trades with 21 rounds.

Deboer is going to destroy a doggies midfielder in round 3.

Get rid of Dunkley now and pick him later when his price goes down. Yes, you burn 2 trades but you make money.

This Nic Nat fella shits me to tears.
You think hes going big, but thats the last you see of him till next qtr.
Did it again Rnd 1
Worth keeping or will a cheap R2 score just as well ? Tempted to offload.
Gone for Naismith :D

I've gone from feeling conservative (maybe 2-3 trades all rookie corrections) to being pretty much set on using 5 trades now.

Using 5 trades still gives you 25 left. With only 12 more weeks til SC finals you could still use 2 a week and have a trade up your sleeve for finals. Not sure I will even use 2 a week for the first month back. Rookies need to be held at least 4 weeks to make enough money before culling them. Trades in first month likely to just be to cover LTI's.

At this stage I'm thinking:

Houston, Roberton, McAsey, Bont, Cavarra out for Howe, Doedee, Fort (via Brander swing back), Viney and Rankine. $250k left in the bank.

Not overly comfortable in chopping a couple of the names there but trying to jump on the players who's price will jump up quickly and allow me to make the most of my money.

The reshuffle after such a prolonged time between round 1 and 2is important - it's a bold move but one that needs to be undertaken.

Yep seems to be lots of sideways trades based on one round of footy. Having said that I'm going English to Naismith :$

I've got The Bont at M3 and I did consider rage trading him based on his crap Rd1 score, but he wasn't on his Carl Malone that game. Besides, we all know he'll be KoTD more often than not and score 120+ from 17 possie games when the Doggies win.

Pending squads being released (main thing I want to do is offload Roberton, because that turned out to be a trash idea):

OUT: Houston, Roberton, BZT, T. Green, Cavarra
IN: J. Howe, Docherty, Rivers, Bennell, Sturt

I don't want to be rude, but seriously WTF possessed you to start without Docherty?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think overreacting to one week of scores is a mistake.

On the other hand, we make a lot of guesses about how players are going to be used and how conducive to racking up SC points their roles will be, and then when they actually take the field for premiership points we find out how erroneous the guesses and 'inside info' we based our decisions on really were. Round 1 tells you a hell of a lot.

For this reason, I'm probably going to use all five trades.

I'm going to turf Brayshaw and Cerra because the theory was they were going to take on much more responsibility in the midfield, but their TOG was terrible and I'm not at all confident it'll change much, especially if there are two extra players in the team. Also, pluck Freo. I hate watching them.

I shouldn't be dumping De Goey after one round but I think I will. I thought he'd get more midfield time and it would lead to higher scoring, I also thought that at 24 he should be just about to step up and become one of the best players in the game. The thing is he did get more midfield time and won some clearances, I thought he had a decent game and scored 66 SC points. Pluck that for a joke. I may end up regretting ditching him but that will have a silver lining.

Based on the role he played in Round 1, Roberton simply cannot remain in my side. He may be freed up if Carlisle returns, but it's also possible that he'll never be the player he was and his averages of years gone by are totally irrelevant. All the best Dylan but you are gone.

It's risky business dropping rookies after one bad game but Cavarra will be lucky to get another and Curtis Taylor looks the goods.

Besides Taylor, I'm picking up Noble (who I should have had in the first place, I was a d1ckhead), Jy Simpkin who looks ready for a breakout season, getting heaps of midfield minutes, and scored 131 from only 23 possessions. He's even been added to the Roos' leadership group. Wingard is also seemingly getting plenty of opportunity in the midfield, is proven over the journey and looks clearly underpriced. Jezza Howe isn't going to score 150 every week but I do think he's a great chance of being one of the six highest scoring defenders, and he'll probably never be as cheap as he is now again.

Junkley > The Chad/Viney/Heeney
Brayshaw > Fort/Bewley/Long
Cavarra > Giorgiados
Should give you around 300k and 2 trades to play with in DEF
Yep so I was thinking along the same lines as that by going Dunkley to viney Brayshaw to one of those 3 you said cav to Georgiadis zerk to Doedee and roberton to Howe. Hoping that will work and fix some issues. Cheers mate thank you

I wouldn't call that team a disaster at all, it's one of the better teams here IMO. Needs just a minor tweak. What about BZT > Doedee & Brayshaw > Fort ? or Roberton > Hill & Brayshaw > Wingard?
I like those trades mate, think I’d prefer rozee over wingard though. Really debating between fort bewley and long. I like Doedee as an option for sure though. I’m not sure about hill, I don’t trust him to stay injury free. Cheers for the advice mate, much to ponder before the season resumes, might wait on teams as well as a lot of rookies might not get picked. Thanks mate appreciate it

Took Nat thinking he'd be running higher gametime this season with the fitness level. Nice points per minute despite limited gametime so i just assumed this was his big season with his fitness level up. Straight away he racked em up Rnd 1, but same old TOG issue.
I'm happy to sacrifice the Grawndy combo all season for Grundy/NicNat ONLY if th TOG thing isnt an issue again. In Rnd 1 weagles werent really threatened and break in season announced, so unsure if his same old TOG issue wasnt caused by simply no need to push him.
Farrrrrrked if i know. Probably trying to overthink it. I should dump his arse coz i already feel buyers remorse.
If we play two rucks hes gonna sit half the game out. Save him for finals etc

200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back