Coronavirus/COVID-19

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry but I wouldn’t allow the stereo typical security guard in Melbourne these Days to guard my pet rock.

They are literally useless and are only hired because they will work for nix, half of them struggle to speak English.

next time you need it guarded MD, give us a ring == cash only

He is not in personally in control the private contractors but he should be in charge of who is responsible for how it works. So he is ultimately responsible. It is quite simple we had the toughest restrictions and got the worst result and I am blaming Dan. Who do you want to blame for the mess?
I'll blame the security guards who rooted corona infected people while supposedly trying to keep them contained from the rest of society.

Good on Andrew for taking responsibility though. The right thing to do. I for one second don't think it's his fault though.

Somebody on Reddit posed the question about how security staff had contracted the virus and I predicted that it would be sexual transmission. A combination of being lonely in lockdown and Stockholm syndrome was always going to lead to stuff like this.

I saw the excuse that they spread it by sharing cigarette lighters and thought that is BS. You need at 5-10 minutes of sustained contact. Why is everyone making up excuses for the security companies and guards? Surely it’s a criminal offence to lie?? Where are the prosecutions of these bastards?/

btw- whose idea was it to quarantine people in the middle of a densely populated major city?? The Diamond Princess passengers went to a camp in the NT. And why do he have Christmas Island? Surely it’s good for more than one Sri Lankan family? The Federal government should have taken some respobility here- aren’t they protecting national borders?

Last edited:

He is not in personally in control the private contractors but he should be in charge of who is responsible for how it works. So he is ultimately responsible. It is quite simple we had the toughest restrictions and got the worst result and I am blaming Dan. Who do you want to blame for the mess?

OD, we’ve had a similar discussion a few months back. Do you remember whinging that restrictions should be eased so people can go about there business? Claiming that Andrews is being a tyrant?

I know most will not be happy with this post but you call it the way you see it. For those who do not like it is just an opinion based on what is the current situation. Trump and many other leaders would get a zero for the way they handled this. Dictator Dan and most of the Aussie leaders would get a high score for their handling of the virus. Now Dan is losing points for just being pig headed/stubborn for not even considering to relax some things like other states. The AFL would be a better position to look at a recommencement if he did. Some might call him a GOLF spelt backwards.

So all the other state leaders are wrong, he cannot even consider making a change a few days earlier so it is legal to visit your mother on mothers day. That is pig headed to me.

I actually blame people who don’t take this seriously, like yourself who didn’t take this situation seriously two months back. Too many took the view that they should be able to go to the shops, go to visit family, go play golf, go about their lives. Now we’re seeing what happens when people take the piss.

I blame people who have broken the rules and have most likely done so because they haven’t taken this thing seriously.

Do I blame the state leaders that have done an outstanding job during a world first pandemic situation? No. That’s too much of a cop out for the knuckleheads who haven’t done what’s right.

Last edited:
I saw the excuse that they spread it by sharing cigarette lighters and thought that is BS. You need at 5-10 minutes of sustained contact. Why is everyone making up excuses for the security companies and guards? Surely it’s a criminal offence to lie?? Where are the prosecutions of these bastards?/
No excuses for the security guards at all. They’d surely be out of work by now.

I sympathise with Andrews but he’s got to carry the can.

MD is correct ( yeah I Know ) about this relatively new industry that’s popped up — “ Security. ”
We had this poor little bloke “ guard” our local super market at the height of the plague.
Seriously he was scared of his own shadow . And yes spoke very broken Inglish.

They would have been better off hiring MD’s pet rock !

How good are these lockdowns really?

We had a bunch of Melbournians down our way today which is a 4 hour drive from where we are and we're in a different state. Apparently they traveled down today and are or were supposed to be staying in a motel for a week in the next town up (a store owner ended up telling the motel owner). Our supermarket actually closed down for a period of time because of these idiots.

MD is correct ( yeah I Know ) about this relatively new industry that’s popped up — “ Security. ”
We had this poor little bloke “ guard” our local super market at the height of the plague.

its hilarious

you see them and think “what are you going to do” “who will you stop if they want to cause trouble”?

Imo they actually encourage problems because people looking to cause trouble know they won’t do asides thing to stop them.

but in the end it’s not their fault it’s the security companies charging $40 an hour and paying their guards $10

How good are these lockdowns really?

We had a bunch of Melbournians down our way today which is a 4 hour drive from where we are and we're in a different state. Apparently they traveled down today and are or were supposed to be staying in a motel for a week in the next town up (a store owner ended up telling the motel owner). Our supermarket actually closed down for a period of time because of these idiots.

If they are not from a hotspot they are entitled to go away.

Andrews should have used the police like NSW did.

He had to have spare PSOs with less Public Transport Why not use them?

Andrews allowed hundreds of flights In months after he should have that are now the root cause of the second wave.

Squarely on his shoulders now

To be fair Dan did say on TV last night that the buck stops with him so he’s not ducking responsibility. And you’re quite justified in blaming the government. Certain other pollies I know would be pointing every which way like Shaun Higgins to reallocate the blame. (Hello to Bridget, Angus, Barnaby etc)

Privately he’d be seething.

It’s ironic that in this instance it’s a Labor government that is tripped up by this charade of unthinking outsourcing, smaller government and believing that the commercial sector will always deliver a better result.

Anyway there’s plenty of material for the promised review of what went wrong. Both in government and in the private sector supplier. One would hope the supplier in question doesn’t get much work from government for the foreseeable future.

I don't think the results of this 3 million dollar enquiry is going to be made public.....whatthe?!?!?!? 3 Million!!!!! If they'd paid for more expensive, but competent quarantine guards they would have saved half of that money.

Not only that he’s had to put up with ScoMo slagging him for not opening schools to direct learning quick enough (children do not transmit the virus- currently being debunked by the number of school based clusters appearing) and the state opposition spoking about not being able to play golf or do whatever you like quick enough.

All this political point scoring is a low act imo..

Agree the quarantine guard situation was a shambles but where are the Feds in all of this??

Border force- love you military style uniforms, but what use are you at protecting us??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately you can’t legislate against stupidity.
We’ve had a global pandemic for 6 months surely these idiot security guards knew about the Covid 19 restrictions even without proper training or English being their first language. Looks like they are going to get off scott free.

People need to start taking responsibility for their own actions.

They should be losing their security license at a minimum.

btw- whose idea was it to quarantine people in the middle of a densely populated major city?? The Diamond Princess passengers went to a camp in the NT. And why do he have Christmas Island? Surely it’s good for more than one Sri Lankan family? The Federal government should have taken some respobility here- aren’t they protecting national borders?

Maybe they lit up after doing the deed, lol!!

Andrews should have used the police like NSW did.

He had to have spare PSOs with less Public Transport Why not use them?

Andrews allowed hundreds of flights In months after he should have that are now the root cause of the second wave.

Squarely on his shoulders now
Can’t dodge the flights. You may not agree (from memory) but Australian citizens are allowed to fly home. Sydney and Melbourne continue to take the majority and that’s only right as they are the 2 biggest cities.

Agree it’s on him though. Did they do adequate risk management of how hotel quarantine was going to be managed? When you consider what’s at stake this is one situation you definitely need to be risk averse.

I take him everywhere now

And yes I used the pronoun “him” for anyone that chooses to use that non binary cr@p millennials are running with now

Why don’t you get him a her .
you never know you might end up with a whole lot of pebbles 😜

Can’t dodge the flights. You may not agree (from memory) but Australian citizens are allowed to fly home. Sydney and Melbourne continue to take the majority and that’s only right as they are the 2 biggest cities.

Agree it’s on him though. Did they do adequate risk management of how hotel quarantine was going to be managed? When you consider what’s at stake this is one situation you definitely need to be risk averse.

yep they were entitled to come home but not take take 3 months to do so.

no excuse taking that long to get back here other than serious health issues.

how on gods earth can we have people flying into the country that can’t speak English at all and therefore are confused what’s happening?

I take him everywhere now

And yes I used the pronoun “him” for anyone that chooses to use that non binary cr@p millennials are running with now

If you call it a he- less lIkely the Wilson security guards would want to have sex with it!!

Is he a bulldogs member yet? Im sure the Giants would have signed him up.

OD, we’ve had a similar discussion a few months back. Do you remember whinging that restrictions should be eased so people can go about there business? Claiming that Andrews is being a tyrant?

I actually blame people who don’t take this seriously, like yourself who didn’t take this situation seriously two months back. Too many took the view that they should be able to go to the shops, go to visit family, go play golf, go about their lives. Now we’re seeing what happens when people take the piss.

I blame people who have broken the rules and have most likely done so because they haven’t taken this thing seriously.

Do I blame the state leaders that have done an outstanding job during a world first pandemic situation? No. That’s too much of a cop out for the knuckleheads who haven’t done what’s right.

Right on.

He isn’t the only one in here that downplayed this and wanted everything opened up. ‘It’s just a flu’ crowd will be out in full force point scoring again.

Scomo wanted the schools to open, as kids don’t spread the virus. Well we have proved that is wrong now too. Will Scomo EVER take responsibility for this, like Dan did? Never in a million years.

There is plenty of blame for all of them.

Hope Mr Mitchell dosnt read my posts anymore Inglish

If you call it a he- less lIkely the Wilson security guards would want to have sex with it!!

Is he a bulldogs member yet? Im sure the Giants would have signed him up.

The rock actually exists so he can’t be a made up Giants member

30000 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Right on.

He isn’t the only one in here that downplayed this and wanted everything opened up. ‘It’s just a flu’ crowd will be out in full force point scoring again.

Scomo wanted the schools to open, as kids don’t spread the virus. Well we have proved that is wrong now too. Will Scomo EVER take responsibility for this, like Dan did? Never in a million years.

There is plenty of blame for all of them.

ScoMo hasn’t learned. He’s still having a go at Anna P for closing the Qld borders to Victorians- he’s not going to win that one with an election up there soon.

Though Gladys is playing both sides of the fence now- complaining about Qlds border, yet not wanting to let Victorians in.

Really we should tell the pollies to STFU and let scientists talk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back