Preview Round 7, 2020: Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Monday 20th July, 7:40PM AEST *BYRNES DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Crows

Votes: 41 53.9%
  • Saints

Votes: 35 46.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

About right

No they should suspend the other bloke for getting in his way.

What's the general consensus for who comes in to replace him? So hard to know who's in form and who's the fittest at the moment. Guess it's just wait and see.

3 weeks for Long what a joke
More surprising that we didn't even contest it - pleaded guilty and accepted 3 weeks.

The 22-year-old pleaded guilty to his rough conduct charge and agreed to a three-week penalty – via his representative Jack Rush – with the AFL's legal counsel Jeff Gleeson prior to Tuesday night's hearing.

Terrible decision by the club.

How specifically was Ratten deplorable?
Fremantle upped the ante after 1/4 time and players failed to adjust
We got beaten in the uncontested part of the game and they had 6 more marks inside 50
Suggests to me that there was a lack of pressure on the Fremantle ball carriers and the ball was coming into our backline with heat.
Not much a coach can do in a game to arrest a slide when the players are down on effort and leadership.
Hope he makes a bit of statement this week at the selection table

Carlisle forward was a pretty good indication of struggling to come up with a change of tack.

3 weeks for Long what a joke
Seems about right. He should have gone for the ball. Once he didn’t the result was going to decide the penalty. He concussed the guy so that is 3 weeks minimum. He pleaded guilty. He also wanted the rest to be 3 weeks so the club realised the situation

More surprising that we didn't even contest it - pleaded guilty and accepted 3 weeks.

The 22-year-old pleaded guilty to his rough conduct charge and agreed to a three-week penalty – via his representative Jack Rush – with the AFL's legal counsel Jeff Gleeson prior to Tuesday night's hearing.

Yeah we've hung him out to dry a bit here.

Would like to see the club appeal that decision, 3 weeks excessive for what it was.

Is there any responsibility on Darcy as well for the way he went for the ball?
Leigh Matthews said on 3aw that it was the “least worst” of the incidents involving Dylan Shiel and, I think Gary Rowan, who got off all his incidents.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Result. Simple.

Yep.
I always thought it was supposed to be the action, not the consequence.

I do remember one year one of our players was on the wrong end of a sling tackle, but obviously had a very hard head, jumped up and carried on ( think it may have been Gears.)
Pretty sure the same weekend or a week later an almost identical tackle caused injury and the offending player got weeks.

I can’t remember when, or all the details but someone else on here might. I do remember them comparing both tackles and the different results.

Expected but still disappointing to hear.
Going to be interesting to see who steps up in the coming weeks.
If it isn’t already with last week and the north loss our season is right on a knife edge - either we dig deep and fight our way out of this to consistency or accept the mediocrity and use all the excuses.
Over to you Saints

Yeah we've hung him out to dry a bit here.

Don’t think the club could help him out at all, careless high tackle causing concussion,
minimum 3 weeks.

*** I know this chart has been posted before by buggeredifiknow ,but here it is again for those that missed it
F163035C-417D-4F87-9436-3CCE66616993.jpeg

Ratts on 3aw now. Not staying in Adelaide after the Crows game.
Travelling back for the Port game on Saturday morning together with the Bombers. Then stay over Saturday night till after the Bombers Sunday game and come back together.

Yep.
I always thought it was supposed to be the action, not the consequence.

I do remember one year one of our players was on the wrong end of a sling tackle, but obviously had a very hard head, jumped up and carried on ( think it may have been Gears.)
Pretty sure the same weekend or a week later an almost identical tackle caused injury and the offending player got weeks.

I can’t remember when, or all the details but someone else on here might. I do remember them comparing both tackles and the different results.
Well if you punch someone off the ground the result certainly matters. I think it should.

Same guys that stitched up Nathan Brown

How specifically was Ratten deplorable?
Fremantle upped the ante after 1/4 time and players failed to adjust
We got beaten in the uncontested part of the game and they had 6 more marks inside 50
Suggests to me that there was a lack of pressure on the Fremantle ball carriers and the ball was coming into our backline with heat.
Not much a coach can do in a game to arrest a slide when the players are down on effort and leadership.
Hope he makes a bit of statement this week at the selection table
now ask youself if a richo coached team served that up what would you say

Carlisle forward was a pretty good indication of struggling to come up with a change of tack.
I remember Clarkson saying once that making a move during a game that completely changed the momentum of the game was not a common occurence. It is largely up to the players to change the momentum. We gave up a large lead and IMO the players need to bear most of the responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back