Preview Round 7, 2020: Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Monday 20th July, 7:40PM AEST *BYRNES DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Crows

Votes: 41 53.9%
  • Saints

Votes: 35 46.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I can think that may have had an impact is the short turn around between games, and the impact it might have on players who haven’t played much/if any senior footy this year.
Could we potentially be setting up the Port game for a few changes & fresh legs.
Would make sense

I'd be happy if Byrnes is the next Steven Sziller or Rod Keogh let alone Jack Steven.

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.
Really flat about selecting blokes who’ve failed us on many occasions.

End of the day we are 3-3, easily could be 5-1.

Quite obviously something is working with the team that we could and even should be 5-1 so its worth persisting with. To bring in the likes of Sinclair, Savage, etc at the expense of Kent, Lonie, etc when we know we do have a potential exciting and winning formula we're better off sticking it out for the next month or so. The bigger plus for me is knowing we can get 5-6 goals ahead, the next part is working out how to maintain or even extend that lead.

Over the previous 8 years we were never getting ahead by that much which was the real worry, at least now we have something to work with.

Some of you are just too emotional, thankfully I have plenty of trust in Ratten.

Oh yeah, I watched Ratt's presser but didn't catch the clickbaity quotes from the article. The full quote being "we'll play players that are in form, and if you're not in form or your form is tapering, you might be in a bit of trouble".

Not exactly declaring that heads will roll after one down game. Think it makes sense that it's not a kneejerk reaction after a single match but rather a warning to players not to let a poor game turn into poor form.

That's the point, Ross and Geary ARE NOT IN FORM! Weak from the committee, Richo 2.0. Great message... Last week was all Marsh's fault, he didn't do enough to get Ross and Geary a decent touch! And no point everyone travelling up there, the reseves won't bother performing they won't get selected when they should. We must protect the mediocrity! People saying the players have been warned... so they weren't warned after the Kangas? Nor after the Pies?? They've already had their chances. I'd be furious sitting in the reserves right now.

The only thing I can think that may have had an impact is the short turn around between games, and the impact it might have on players who haven’t played much/if any senior footy this year.
Could we potentially be setting up the Port game for a few changes & fresh legs.

Possibly but I'd probably do that the other way around. Fresh legs this week, drop those not in form, play those IN FORM. See how that goes then bring back Hanners and the like if needed for the Port match five days later. Seems Ratts for all his talk doesn't trust the reserves and thinks Ross and Gears are the way forward. OK rant over. They better not disappoint this week!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty feeble selections. How do lonie and ross keep their spots? Geary plays again. Leadership is a disgrace yet we keep the same leaders. Follow us boys...lol
I can understand keeping Ross in more for some experience and cover for the debutant, but really thought Lonie should probably get a rest and give someone's a shot

0 statement made, a lot of talk for no action. With Hannebery and Dunstan out it shows we have very little depth across the board. I think they would have liked to make more of a statement but are s**t scared of losing this game and blinked when looking at the options to bring into the team. I really hope those that needed a scare got it but I think all that happened for the usual suspects was more reinforcement that there is no ramifications for poor performance. Same as during the Richo years. We should still win easily, Adelaide are god awful but jeez I am nervous for this game.

I’m really interested to see how much time we give Byrnes in midfield. From all reports, he is a true midfielder, rather than a versatile option to go through there. Hopefully we give him at least a third of his time in there.
Since he's a genuine midfielder and I want to see him, Jones, Gresh and Ryder in the centre square for the first bounce.

It’s a damn long time till a Monday night game.
Hope the boys make it worth the wait
- and take note that we are no longer in the 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back